Skiing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Feb 12 2006, 10:46 PM

It's crazy expensive. I think my ticket alone at Steamboat was 80 bills. Add 300 dollar pants, a 550 dollar board, 250 dollar boots and 250 dollar bindings. 80 dollar gloves. 120 dollar goggles. Gas money.

Bank!

damn you got expensive taste...........I wait till the end of the season to get all my gear and get it for like half off

I did just get the new burton hat with the built in speakers for your ipod.....that thing is the shit and it was only $40

Originally posted by FuzZy+Feb 13 2006, 03:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FuzZy - Feb 13 2006, 03:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-I.C.Shadow@Feb 12 2006, 10:46 PM

It's crazy expensive.  I think my ticket alone at Steamboat was 80 bills.  Add 300 dollar pants, a 550 dollar board, 250 dollar boots and 250 dollar bindings.  80 dollar gloves. 120 dollar goggles.  Gas money.

Bank!

damn you got expensive taste...........I wait till the end of the season to get all my gear and get it for like half off

I did just get the new burton hat with the built in speakers for your ipod.....that thing is the shit and it was only $40

[/b]

Haha yea, I got all Burton Ronin / Analog, Anon gear.

Wonk = )

it may be expensive,,,,

but i'll buy one 4 hour flex ,,,

go back 2 the car,,

trustee laptop and scanner/printer

in the cigarette lighter

and u got lift tix for all ur friends..

ill just hit slopes all mornin then

hit the park and keep walkn back up

but boardin in the east mid atlantic is just depressin

after u go to vermont

or anywhere out west..

theres nothing like nice arched

jumps and landin in deep

powder,,,its so much more

forgivin than ice.

it lets u push the envelope,

to go waaay higher and waaay

farther

Originally posted by the balance@Feb 13 2006, 02:25 PM

but i'll buy one 4 hour flex ,,,

go back 2 the car,,

trustee laptop and scanner/printer

in the cigarette lighter

and u got lift tix for all ur friends..

but boardin in the east mid atlantic is just depressin

after u go to vermont

or anywhere out west..

thats a pretty smart idea....to bad I don't have a laptop yet

and totally agree about after going to Vermont that everything in the east mid atlantic is totally depressing

Killington is by far the best I have ever been to

Well, I started sking young. Then when I was in middle school snowboarding was coming up, and I was like "Well thats way cooler." And I got into snowboarding. Then I moved away from the Rockies, and I kinda stopped all together. I was going to start again this year, but I busted my knee pretty good and it wont be happening this year at all. My current debate is when I actually get back up there, which do I do? Ski/Snowboard? Either way, I have no gear anymore, so its kinda open. Say wrd.

FT

i went skiing when i was 16.

i spent a lot of time on my arse and fucked myself up alot...

one of my more comical falls involved me skidding to avoid a young kid, hitting a patch of ice or a rock so my course was altered. ended up flying over a little jump, took off and flew straight into a huge floodlight. i was so high, i cleared the 6ft of padding and clattered into the pole and fell back to earth where upon landing i knocked myself out and popped the shoulder out too.

i woke up in a body bag / stretcher sliding down a hill and had to find my way back from the doctors surgery to my hotel without speaking french or knowing the way...

...sure as hell wasnt the best way to spend the day of my 16th birthday as a kid but i did get a lot of sympathy beers that night!

i had a fucking great time on that holiday all things considered!

John F. Kennedy: Profiles in Courage.

Michael Kennedy: Profile's in Wood.

What a rich Kennedy! Michael had a wood-paneled face!

What's the difference between a dog and Michael Kennedy? A dog barks alot and bites. Michael Kennedy bites alot of bark.

People say Michael Kennedy was a rich playboy who did nothing. But in his final moments he made a big impression.

How can you be sure that Michael is really a Kennedy?

Check the family tree.

A simple accident? Some witnesses insist there was another tree at a grassy knoll...

Michael Kennedy was so extravagent. Instead of a simple dinner he insisted on a banquet, and instead of a toothpick he got the whole tree.

Yes, Michael Kennedy cheated on his wife and had sex with an underage babysitter. But in the end, he never tried to save face.

At the end, there was no doubt he was R.F.K.'s son. He was a chip off the old block.

What does Michael and John F. Kennedy Jr's magazine "George" have in common? Wood pulp.

Look for the posthumous beauty tip Michael gave to "Cosmo" magazine: "Skiing can be flattering to your face."

It's not surprising Michael Kennedy was horny for his babysitter. At the very last minute he had a woody.

What's an event you don't want to be at?

A Michael Kennedy New Year's Bash

You can't really pull the scanner trick anymore because nicer mountains scan your ticket every time you get on the lift. If it doesn't add up (the same ticket in 2 minutes) then the ticket is pulled.

What used to work is my friend had a season pass.

Get a ticket, then say he lost it. Get a new one for free and give me the other one.

Again now that they scan them it doesnt work = (