booking flights online.

hungoverseas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i bought a ticket overseas directly from continental (it may have been us airways, whatever) and it was about $50 less than all thos expedia type sites thats all claim to have the lowest price. northwest i think it was even has amazing vegas vacas through their site for like between $400-$600 for 6 nites and r/t flight. the places arent the bellagio but the flamingo which is decent, right on the strip, and near the good places.

dont forget to check airline sites. do not underestimate them.

Originally posted by Pistol@Feb 12 2006, 07:00 PM

bwhaha you stayed at the flamingo.

thats not where i stayed. its an example of a decent place to stay for a week with r/t airfare included for like about $500. especially bc im comin from the east coast out there, a flight is pretty much that price to fly to vegas so to stay at the flamingo and a flight together for that price?

re-tard-ed

you can play the online game--bidding or playing one site against another--but that takes more time than most people have. plus all the "big name" sites aren't going to give you much of a deal if you start fucking around.... they'll just wait for the rich fuck who doesn't care to come and buy it.

my dad's all about this shit. he gets crazy deals (NY to Vegas, $110 round trip) like nothing. from what he tells me, the best bet is to go right through the airlines 90% of the time. if you're willing to wait until the last minute, that can knock a buch off the price too. but that's for the gamblers.

Look up the flights through expedia or whatever, then go to the airline's page and order it through there. Those travel sites have a reputation for screwing up orders, losing them, or booking you with a connection at a different terminal that you have to make within 10 minutes.

I always look up the flight online and then call to order, I don't trust the internets. Last time I ordered tickets through US Air and the people they hired from India screwed up my order TWICE, getting the name wrong first, then the address. The first time the woman didn't even double-check my info, the second time the guy was convinced that because she got the address wrong didn't mean that my card wouldn't go through and argued with me. The next time I called and demanded a supervisor and was lucky enough to talk to a woman who was American who cleared everything up. The scary thing is that if the order doesn't go through then they give you 24 hours before the order is cancelled.