camera troubles. please help.

CIPHER_one

I've been using a fancy Minolta for a while but it broke so my teacher gave me an ass old Yashica. With my old one, it would rewind automatically, but with this one it has to be done manually. I have been turning that damn thing for about 20 minutes, there's gotta be something else I have to do. A friend said I should push the button on the bottom of the camera. I did that and its still not doin. any help appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it wont stop turning....if you pay carefull attention you should have heard the end of the film slide off the advance reel. you will also feel the amount of tension decrease when you are finished rewinding. if you tried to rewind without pushing the release button on the bottom, you could have damaged you film also. proper steps are, press/hold release button, begin rewinding, stop rewinding when you hear a soft click or feel the tension required to rewind decrease, open film compartment.

with my old ass camera, nothing happens when you press the button down and start rewinding. i have to take it in a super dark place and take the film out and rewind it with my keys, it might save you time sounds like. when i'm in a rush i take my keys in my hand, then i put the camera in a courier bag, i turn my jacket or thick shirt inside out with my hands still in the cuffs, pull the jacket into the bag, close it with my chin/elbows, and rewind it with my key. i don't know if this is your problem however.

Archived