Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Felix_the_Cat

The Quality of Life

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but I want to know what you think of this movie, not necessarily from the graff perspective, but just if you would go see it. I personally think it looks pretty stupid, but I know mad people who want to check it out.

I might go, but only if somone else pays for my ticket.

http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/trailer/

Dear indie film makers,

Stop making movies about "the graffiti lifestyle", it's tacky and it lives up to the euphanism of being "gayer than 9 guys fucking 10 guys."

I know, it might seem like a good idea. You want to film something rebellious. You want to be rebellious. Trust me though, it's never a good idea. Never, ever, ever...... ever.

Signed,

Anyone with half a fucking brain.

Originally posted by TYPEONER@Feb 7 2006, 05:32 PM

sorry about the recycled flix...im bored

Fart imitating life.

*wasnt the main dude that whiteboy from prison break?

Originally posted by Felix_the_Cat@Feb 8 2006, 12:01 AM

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but I want to know what you think of this movie, not necessarily from the graff perspective, but just if you would go see it. I personally think it looks pretty stupid, but I know mad people who want to check it out.

I might go, but only if somone else pays for my ticket.

http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/trailer/

This is the one made about the lives of two SF graffiti writers, correct?

People need to realize that graffiti writers have boring, mundane lives just like everybody else. This is like making a movie about a crew of accountants.

honestly, from a movie standpoint the filim looks like its actually going to be fairly solid. and even content wise it seems pretty legit compared to the all the other "graff" movies. BUT i doubt they will be able to pull it off without it being cheezy and horifically over-dramatized. I'd like to check it out eventually though. and hopefully the character gets fucked in the end, something like the ending of trainspotting or requiem for a dream that way when people see it they wont go around trying to be "cool" and write on stuff. just my 2 cents...

i went to the premiere of this in SF while i was there over the summer. its actually a decent movie even if you dont pay attention to the graffiti aspect. id see it again if the opportunity presented itself. the end is extremely cheezy though. and one thing that bothers me about graffiti movies is wherever they rack from its always montana or belton, i wish there were shops like that in real life.

Guest Sparoism

I met one of the guys involved in this, and I don't think he would get involved with anything too corny.

But, I agree with the sentiment that movies about art are rarely what I expect them to be.

In all fairness, I haven't seen this yet (see above).

and supposedly one of the two main dudes in the movie isnt an actor he's some king of SF. couldnt find out who he is though.

Guest Sparoism

I know one of the actors really well, and yes, he is indeed a king. He wasn't a main character, however.

I've known the real Heir (Heir2 is his real word) for half my life, and he is easily one of the most underrated writers in the world. Seriously, he's that good. Oh, well.

No dimes will be dropped here, though.

Guest Sparoism

So I guess this explains those VAIN throws I saw in the Mission last time I was there! I think I know who that is, too.

Hmmm...maybe I'll rent this sometime.

(BTW, I went to the site and looked into it and yes, it seems overwrought, but I'd be lying if I told you that the SF graff scene isn't one of the biggest soap operas I ever witnessed.

No offense to any SF writers, but tell me differently and maybe I'll agree with you.)

Guest Sparoism

I had a Belton spot in 2003. It was retarded easy, and a great little moneymaker. Unfortunately, they only ordered one huge shipment...nothing good ever lasts. Once the toys found it, it was only a matter of time.

Guest Sparoism

Oh, it's true. The store is on Shattuck in Berkeley next to Funky Door...I think they wanted to test the market, but no one told them that they should lock the paint up, I guess.

They still carry One Shot, though. And Gocco products.

Here's a link. Notice that they don't list spray paint anymore. :innocent:

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this