Garden of Eden discovered.

SF1

Guest Sparoism

Well, that remains to be seen. If they realize it's an opportunity to leave a pristine biome in its natural state, then I'm all for it....but human greed is something I could never underestimate.

Besides, what are the logistics involved with securing the perimeter of an area the size of Rhode Island without disturbing the interior? There's a question that needs to be answered.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by beardofzeus@Feb 8 2006, 06:54 PM

The shitty thing about Indonesia is there are a bunch of american businesses that go there and buy lots of nice wood furniture and bring it back to america and sell the shit dirt cheap. There are two places in my town that are already doing this and a new store opening up. I can only imagine how many different businesses are doing the exact same thing.

They sell all these nice hand carved wooden buddhas and other sculptures that looks like someone spent at least five hours to make for around $15-$30. Everything there is ridiculously cheap and my parents are always buying shit from there. I tell them that they are supporting the deforestation of Indo by supporting these types of businesses. Its sad.

you want a table?

Originally posted by dumy+Feb 8 2006, 06:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dumy - Feb 8 2006, 06:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Feb 8 2006, 01:08 PM

READ http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...255E663,00.html

beginning of the end..

[/b]

The indo government is so damn fucking corrupt that they'll probably sell the animals direct

Guest Plaid Fill-ins

We can point fingers all day long but until WE change our minds about how things should be and don't just say it's all going to shit what other options do we have??? This shit concerns me being a citizen of planet Earth and I'll do as much as I can, as insignificant as it may seem, knowin that theres other people contributing a little around the world to something collectively bigger than any of us.

I'm not saying that the entire thing is in our hands but you always have two options, sit back and watch, or to get involved. Think of how many heads are on these boards and what we could do if we came together about something like this.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Feb 8 2006, 10:04 PM

Hlaf the people on this thread want that animal as a pet. That gives you real insight into the nature of a lot of humans, and one of the reasons this place is going to go to shit real soon.

to be honest....i'd eat all of these animals...cause alot of those birds look like they taste pretty good with a side of coleslaw and some mash'd taters.

and kangaroo tastes rather good.

I don't really know what can be done to stop what I'm pretty sure is going to happen in that area..I mean we can delay it..but nothings gonna stop the "progress of man" in the long run..except people [/nuclear holocaust] or mass epidemic [/pretty likely to happen in our lifetime]

Originally posted by SF1+Feb 8 2006, 09:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Feb 8 2006, 09:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Feb 9 2006, 01:20 AM

Fuck it. Im buying a gun and moving to indonesia. Who's with me? Im going to poach some poachers.

WORD!

[/b]

damn right im with ya

just buy me a ticket

Originally posted by MOOGLE?+Feb 8 2006, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MOOGLE? - Feb 8 2006, 08:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Feb 8 2006, 10:04 PM

Hlaf the people on this thread want that animal as a pet. That gives you real insight into the nature of a lot of humans, and one of the reasons this place is going to go to shit real soon.

to be honest....i'd eat all of these animals...cause alot of those birds look like they taste pretty good with a side of coleslaw and some mash'd taters.

[/b]

Kangaroo meat is very cheap and a lean source of protien.

A little on the tough/chewy side though.

Ha. These scientist and their medling. Im sure someone thought that they'd be famous for finding and spreading the news of this untouched piece of land. Yet, I dont know any of their names...... They will have their 15 minutes in their field and will have to live with the fact that the land, that they made public, is now in danger of deforestation and poaching.

......Unless by some miracle Indonesia takes emergency action to protect the land.

Even if they do the land which is estimated to be the size of Rhode Island is not going to be easy to protect. To protect the land the will need to cut down trees to make roads for cars, in the article itself it mentions that the scientist cut two paths, where as the logical non-damaging thing to do would be to mark paths with paint. How come people who are suposed to be smart act so stupid.

The penalty for damaging the paradise should be 25 to life. No joke. There's so little pristeen land left in this world it would be a shame to loose what is left.

Originally posted by EnimeeOne+Feb 9 2006, 02:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EnimeeOne - Feb 9 2006, 02:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MOOGLE?@Feb 8 2006, 08:28 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Feb 8 2006, 10:04 PM

Kangaroo meat is very cheap and a lean source of protien.

A little on the tough/chewy side though.

[/b]

thats why you gotta hang em for a few days. ;) It's mad in stews