starting a lil teeshirt company

Coffie Crave

alright, since you're hellbent on this idea, let me prove to you why this isn't going to work via the magic of math instead of my usual route of over the top insults.

how many colors are you planning will be in each design. tell me that and i'll write up an entire prospectus for you, including potential profit, etc.

edit: i never said you were ripping anyone off, i said you were wack as fuck, and you're trying to sell something that you don't have (a quality design). i know it seemed like i probably said more than that, cause i used alot more words, but those were the general themes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry high hopes is a gay ass name

sounds like some christian bullshit

not trying to hate, but if you really had faith in your shit and will power you wouldnt be looking for support on a message board full of assholes such as myself, you would be out there hustling your shit cause you know its dope

photoshop and illustrator work can only take you so long, its all about concept and by the looks of it your shit doesnt follow a theme or bring anything new to the table

sorry

REALITY

5 medium and 5 large? WTF is that? Gonna sell these on the playground?

I'm not a huge guy or anything but I wear XXL whenever possible, XL shirts last me like 5 washings (even though I use only cold water to wash them and dry on the lowest heat setting)... After that I give them away to girls I know or just put them in a box...

As far as cost, 3 designs, 30 shirts w/ 2 colors is gonna cost around $300-$350, and that's being pretty generous, could easily be more...

yeh 5 m 5 L

im on a budget

coco chanel-

i didnt come on here for support , i was asking to see what ppl had in mind for getting shirts printed...it turned into this.

but yeh thats the name, chessy as u wanna call it, its always been the name i wanted to use. thos are 3 designs...but im still working on 9 more, 12 in all...only 3 will be printed...once printed site will be lanched and then i see how this works, if it dosent work whatever...if it dose then i print more shirts ect ect..

ok, first of all, as mentioned previously, you are going to have a hell of a time finding a company who will even do a run that small. the amount of time it will take them to set up the art, output films, burn the screens, register the colors and print the shirts, will cost them far more in wages and supplies than they'll make running it, but assuming you do find someone who's worse at business than you are at graffiti, and they agree to it, you're looking at probably $10-$15 per shirt COST. which means at your MSRP (manufacturers suggested retail price) of $10-$15 each, you're looking at a profit margin of roughly $0. that is also assuming that you sell every single shirt and don't even keep one for yourself. since your art isn't very good, and you don't seem to spend much time in the creation of it, atleast you won't have much time invested into this venture. hopefully this printing company will be close to your house, so you wont have to drive very far with these ridiculous gas prices. double hopefully they don't have to ship the shirts to you, otherwise you're actually looking at a loss on each shirt.

if you wanted to just make some shit and didn't care about losing money in the process, fine, whatever, but the amount of money that you'll possibly make off these things is totally not worth the effort at all. the most you'll possibly make is about $5 per shirt. that's $75 per design...and to do so, you'll have to spend atleast $200. that's a horrible business model bro. you should sell weed or something isntead.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 31 2006, 06:25 AM

so when did you look into this printing place? sometime after 7:59 this evening when you made the original post and were gonna use cafe press?!

ha. dude, you're killing me. i should charge you for even talking to you.

customink.com

charge u for talkin to me?

dude u always come off your high horse to come bash me..? ....for what? you come in here and throw jokes around..and when someone juices u up with ''oh shitz seek u dumb funny'' that shit makes ur day...im not suprised

my arts gay... i dont care

my tee shirt shit is gay and might not work... i dont care..

but nothing is worse than u takeing time outa your day...to try to impress someone u think thats on a lower level than you...i mean whats that show?...

dude, do yourself a favor. go to http://www.threadless.com and submit your designs there. if one gets chosen and printed, you get money from every shirt. if your shit is john blaze enough, people will be crawling out of the fucking woodwork to own your shirts. then you'll have a big buzz surrounding your name, and you can do limited edition shit on your own and sell them for $700 each!

honestly, all previous hating aside, those designs aren't completely horrendous. they're alot better than the other stuff you've posted on here, but they're sure as hell nothing that anyone is going to be excited over. you've gotta try ALOT harder than that.

no, actually, changing the 'stop snitchin' thread to 'prop kitchen' made my day, this was just something funny to do while talking to my girl.

mostly, i just think you're unspeakably wack. a sentiment which seems to be shared by just about everyone who comes across your stuff. what you do have though, is a determination to do something with yourself, which i can respect. all my replies tonight were a mixed bag of trying to crush your hopes and dreams simply because i'm bored, and it's kind of like peeing on an ant hole, and trying to get you to understand that it takes a whole lot more than a simple half-hearted desire to succeed. you're kind of the text book definition of a hamburger pimp. i'm sort of trying to get you to rise above that...or crash and burn in a hillarious way that we can all gawk at. i'd honestly rather see you do something cool, but i'd be pretty ok with watching you fail miserably too.

Yeah, I'm just gonna do you a favor and repeat something I alluded to, though you fully missed the point...

5 Med and 5LG is a fucking HORRIBLE size selection. Again I'm gonna ask if you're selling these things to midgets.

Just get ALL XL and you'll immediately widen your market to include MOST of the people in the world!

Next, you keep saying that you can only afford 30 shirts and talking about your budget. Well, the shirts are really the cheapest thing involved with the process so... if you're already cutting yourself short in that area what hope is there?

smart...im lazy but gosh! i guess im going to have to exsplane this...to you

im on a budget for now.. i rather get M and L because thos will sell out faster than Xl and XXl... its a fact.. i can put money on it... unless someone is over weight, only wanksters, are going to be buying fubu jerrsy at the mall... its the city yuppys, that like to have fitting stylish clothing its the way it is...dont get pissed at me

so if im on a low budget, im going to try my luck with M and L rather than Xl and XXl , from what i kno and seen...

Originally posted by Coffie Crave@Jan 31 2006, 01:53 AM

i rather get M and L because thos will sell out faster than Xl and XXl... its a fact.. i can put money on it...

Show me the money you low ballin budget bitch! You wanna step up and front, put your money where your mouth is at... bet me.

Why not just buy new brand name tees on ebay and flip those instead of being another failing tee shirt business statistic. Or as mentioned hit up threadless.com

If making tees was a fast way to retirement than everyone would be doing it. I'll honestly be surprized if you come out ahead in the deal.

Also the time you've already put in could have been used finding a paying job. Everyone knows that small businesses don't make any money for the first few years and most people that go into the tee business have already got a bank roll to fall back on, you're expecting to make a bank roll from nothing?

Honestly take your tee money and invest into stocks and bonds.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 30 2006, 03:03 PM

make them geared toward emo fags

make small litlle shirts

witht he words

HOPELESS

BLACKDEATH

and other gay emo shit

youll make a killing

as funny as it is. its' very true. i myself do silk screening as a day job. and even ventured into my own designs into production a few times. honestly, designing random weird/non-graff/hip hop related shit always sold the best. its' no secret i'm not the best writer. but honestly, if you're looking to make money...don't even think about trying to put your graff on a shirt and make a killin unless you write Sever, Revok, Cope2...ect, you know. Find out whats' marketable, and whats reasonably exploitable. as far as actual printing goes. as a silk screening, you're damn right in guessin i'll suggesst silk-screening. heat transfers are shit. embrodery is lame. and as for keeping the cost down, untill you build enough capitol to pull money from, find a cheap ass wholesaler of blank 4-5.oz t shirts, of decent quality, cut the taggs off the back, silk screen your OWN tagg, print a bunch..and drop off 'promo/demo packadges' at local retailers with a contact sheet as well as ordering information. since you have a website as well, also let them know it exists and make it quik to load and user-friendly. nothing tooo fancy, cuz if the page doesn't load within 20seconds hardly anyone waits for it. but yeah i'm rambling now. good luck and stay up man. *One last thing...look into designing for OTHER companies, some pay real well...usual starting/flat rate is 1,500 and up...*

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 31 2006, 12:32 AM

dude, do yourself a favor. go to http://www.threadless.com and submit your designs there. if one gets chosen and printed, you get money from every shirt. if your shit is john blaze enough, people will be crawling out of the fucking woodwork to own your shirts. then you'll have a big buzz surrounding your name, and you can do limited edition shit on your own and sell them for $700 each!

honestly, all previous hating aside, those designs aren't completely horrendous. they're alot better than the other stuff you've posted on here, but they're sure as hell nothing that anyone is going to be excited over. you've gotta try ALOT harder than that.

threadless.com is one of the dopest ideas / sites ever...

that shit is mad cool.

got any more cool sites like that seeks?