Motorized mountain bikes

-KARMA-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, the motor I first saw used was a stick edger with a friction drive. Basically 'friction' means that there is direct contact from the motor to the tire... like 2 cogs, one turns forcing the other to also revolve... this isn't really efficient and wears out tires like crazy.

The motor I have is a Komatsu motor used by Red Max for a variety of applications like edgers and weedeaters...

As far as my actual problems? I'm nearly stumped... I have spark when I take the plug out but when I put it in, nothin'

I have seen plugs that can spark outside of the chamber but just don't have the strength to fire under compression... so I bought a new plug. Still no go, so then came the new coil, same results... though I would say the outside spark is much bigger now with new stuff, when I put it together I still get nothing...

Next I guess I'll have to break down the carb but? I know it's getting gas because I can flood the plug. I've also dropped 101octane fuel right into the chamber and only got the motor to turn over a couple extra times but it never even came close to 'catching' so???

*It's a stader setup because, obviously, you don't need a distributor with only one plug. I've set the gap on the coil the same way as I always have using a business card and checked the gap on the plug but that's all good...

I'm pretty pissed about the whole thing because I have rebuilt all kinds of engines and I've never been this lost. I mean, there just aren't THAT many parts in a little motor like that

maybe the timing is off because of a sheared key or something or it's too rich. when you take the plug out can you get it to spark if you touch the plug to the cylinder? it sounds like a fuel issue to me, the only things i can think of that cause weak spark are a bad connection between the ignition and cylinder and dirty or rusted magnet and points, and maybe a bad connection between the end of the wire and the spark plug boot