so i went on another jail tour.

dobsilla

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

All the laws relative to your state and this situation should be listed online somwhere.

Use Google to find them and also get a lawyer.

If the laws are similar to Australia/England what the bouncers have done in this case is place you under a citizens arrest. This is something ANYONE can do, but there must be just cause , otherwise the arrester can be charged with 'deprivation of liberty' which is no light weight charge, almost on par with kidnapping.

Personaly I wouldnt get your hopes up too high about making money from the case, unless you want to invest ALOT of time and money into your lawyer, time off work, etc..

The fact that you where arrested by the police that night will work against you. It means they had a reasonable beleif that the bouncers actions where justified.

Although, I thinkunless you do something REAALLLY stupid you have about 98.572% chance of beating the graffiti charge. I would personaly be happy with that result.

Remember as innocent your crime is, it is still a crime , you choose deal with potential consequences everytime you commit the crime.

My advise; regarding the police beat the charge. Regarding the bouncers , cop it sweet.

my 3and a half cents.

by 'it wouldnt even go to court' i mean that the charges will be dropped and you won't even see the judge. if the story really is as you claim and you're not leaving out any huge facts, the prosecutor wouldn't waste their time, or their reputation, putting a hopeless case in front of a judge.

here's what's gonna happen: you'll show up that day, your lawyer will meet with the prosecutor in the hallway, they'll talk for a minute, and you'll go home and wonder what you were so worried about. end of story. ha.

they have no evidence that you did it and no witnesses. if they did, they'd have grabbed you right then. what they do have is an over-anxious bouncer who broke the law.

you could hire a lawyer if you want, but honestly, any public defender should be able to get this thrown out instantly.

you should talk to poop man bob about this.

i found out more about this my friends i went with were the ones the bouncer was actually after. one of my friends caught a giant kiwi drip tag over a whole wall. so they wanted him but since he ran they grabbed me and are trying to say i did it. i really dont have shit to worry about. i didnt have a kiwi on me or anything like that either. im feeling confident.

In US I'm not positive but I think there is a civil claim along the lines of wrongful detention or something for holding you. They're going to claim they thought you did it and were holding you till the cops get there. I'm pretty sure that they would have to have something better than a "suspicion" that you hit up the bathroom to make that defense stick. I don't know for sure.

Also, they threw you against the wall and tackled you. Even if you're engaged in a citizens arrest, you can't use that type of force from my understanding. You'll probably have a decent action in battery. You could also ask that the prosecutor press charges, but that probably won't happen...

I think a lot of lawyers would be willing to take this on a contingency fee. Meaning you give them around 30-40% of what you win.

By the way, I disclaim all of the above statments as follows: I am not a lawyer, I am not close to being a lawyer, I am not affiliated in any way with any legal organization, law firm, etc. The only experience I have with the law is from a few books I've read and that one time I got picked up for soliciting a Vietnamese Masseuse to join me in a game of ping-pong. Thank you...

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 26 2006, 02:32 AM

you should talk to poop man bob about this.

Milton (Chopped Liver Oner!)

YALL BEING QUITE NI-EVE (dumb cant spell but you figure it out ni eve anyway)DONT DOUBT THE LAW THEY SOME HOES

I DID 90 IN WAYNE CO. FOR A MARKER BULLSHIT AND TEXAS FUCK IT ..ITS A WRAP JUST ALL THIS AWW DONT TRIP SHIT AND EVEN WORSE YOUR GOING GET SUMIN OUT OF IT ........SHEET , JUST STAY ON YOUR GAME ECSPECIALLY IF YA GOT A PUBLIC DEFENDER

SEKTER-BEEN LOCKED DOWN TOOOOOOOO MUCH

ha, yeah and you did it right in front of a cop while on probation, right? little bit of a different scenario.

if they had chased you out of the bar, they might have a case, but if they didnt grab you until hours later (im assuming you went to other bars in the area, yes?) then they've got absolutely nothing.

yeah...like its already been said...inside a bar...bouncers can get away with fucking you up. if they leave the private bar and fuck you up on the public street...then its on them.

case should definitely get dropped.

as far as making some bank on this...don't hold your breath. my brother got fucked up in broad daylight and had plenty of witnesses. the other kid was arrested and booked for assault with a deadly weapon (he was wearing boots). long story short...no money...not even to cover hospital bills.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jan 26 2006, 03:32 PM

as far as making some bank on this...don't hold your breath. my brother got fucked up in broad daylight and had plenty of witnesses. the other kid was arrested and booked for assault with a deadly weapon (he was wearing boots). long story short...no money...not even to cover hospital bills.

Suing and individual kid is different from suing a bar. They lawyer will have to argue that they were still in the course of their duties for the bar when they attacked you. There's no money in suing individuals, and most lawyers won't or rarely ever go after individual defendant's for large sums anyway. On the other hand, I could see this as an exception to that rule even if the bar gets out of it...

haha ameatuers it aint about not dropping tha soap yall

its about going in that bitch (a REAL JAIL )like say parts of s.f.county

namely san bruno ,or 6th floor tanks

or just ya average state pen

its all about fighting tha first nigga that walk up an check ya

you gotta show you got heart

win ,lose ,or draw

karate chop nigga

....bathroom bombers

When dealing with bouncers,they almost always have a "no punch" policy.This means they will only react to your actions.If you are asked to leave and you get up and walk out,no problems.If you resist and touch the bouncer.They will react.

I know 99% of them are douches and I never get along well with them but if they start to act out first,it's all game on.

• 4 weeks later...

best of luck. I got random drug tests. My color came up on Monday. However the bank was closed because it was Prez day. So the next morning i go to the bank early. I thought it opened at 8 but i was wrong and i missed my drop. Bad News. I went in at 5 for the afternoon drop. They most likely violated me but i dont know. I got court in 2 weeks. No job yet.

myself has worked at the door of bars for over 7 yrs in to diffrent states diffrent laws for each state and type of bar if u were down the street off bar property u should can probaly get a small lawsuit not big against the bouncer and one against the bar if u were on the property as in the parking lot u might be able to get something out of it.. i have ran the security of my bar 4 amolst 5 yrs and in my bar some catchin a tag oh well i had more important things to worry about the guy u ran into is a meathead pure and simple cuz in cali u as a bouncer can not touch a person unless they are phyiscal violent or refusing to leave when asked more then once always givre options i have been sued 4 times and won all 4 times y becasue i do the job he right way so fight bro if what u say is true u gots a case

I got into a bar fight 2 years ago,and i got my ass whooped by a bouncer,i tried to fight him but he was to big and laid my ass out.anyways the cops didnt even arrest me when they came they locked up 2 of the guys that i first got into it with.

anyways to make a long story short this one chick that i know from the bar told me where i can find this bitch ass bouncer.

me and 2 of my boys waited for him one night to get home and we just beat the shit outta of him with a bat,bricked the shit outta his face with a piece of rock.never found out what happened to him after that,i know he didnt die thoe!butta i he aint showed up back to work after that.

I'D BEAT THAT BITCH WITH A BAT!

wait...lemme get this right...you did something ignorant in a bar, the bouncer (doing his job) told you to leave, so instead you tried to fight him, and got your ass kicked. Then you decided to be a bitch ass, pussy about it by stalking his ass and jumping him with two of your boys using a bat and rock?

Yeah...congratulations on being a winner...of the biggest pussy award. :rolleyes:

• Like 1