so i went on another jail tour.

dobsilla

the other night some friend and i were at a bar and they caught a"tag" in the bathroom of the bar. an hour or so later we were walking to our cars and the door guys from the bar saw us down the street and came after us. i got tackled and chokeslammed into a wall and held down til the cops showed up. my friend got stabbed with a pen, pushed into a moving car and managed to get away. i end up in jail over it. i dont know if any of you are bar door guys but does anyone know what kind of rules they have to go by? im being charged pretty bad but i want to know if i can fuck the bar because they fucked me up and i was nowhere near their bar. they arent cops i dont think they can do shit like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

legally they have absolutely no right to be touching you like that. you should definitely get a lawyer, not only will the charges me dropped (they have no proof you did it) but you can probably get something out of it.

normally i hate frivelous law suits, but fuck apes like that.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 26 2006, 12:56 AM

legally they have absolutely no right to be touching you like that. you should definitely get a lawyer, not only will the charges me dropped (they have no proof you did it) but you can probably get something out of it.

normally i hate frivelous law suits, but fuck apes like that.

im hoping to get shit dropped but it would be nice to get some cash out of them. i have bruising all on my kneck that i took flicks of in case it comes up.

when I got into my first drunk driving wreck/dui, I dragged the guy outta the car who hit me and punched him in front of his wife and kids..some bouner from the bar right there tackled me and put a stranglehold on me.... I had to go to the hospital after...I mentioned it to my lawyer after and he laughed...

you really have no recourse unless you beat the case, then you could sue the bar's owners, but that will take yaers and lots of $$$$

Originally posted by Tough Love@Jan 26 2006, 12:58 AM

they assualted u for no reason

they cant even act like that if they had seen u commit a crime let alone suspected it

sue sue sue sue sue

they may lose their jobs, possibly lose oppurtunity to get rehired in the same field etc

thats what i wanted to know because im gonna get fucked if this is no help to me. they are screwed now. i would love to fuck these guys up so bad.

for a more in depth answer, i've worked the door at several places, and unless texas is drasticaly different from the rest of america, they're fucked. legally they have the right to defend themselves, and to escourt you off their premises. if you stabbed someone in the face with a shank, i suppose they'd have the right to hold you till the cops come, but they sure as fuck do not have the right to chase you down the street and tackle you for a tag in a bathroom that they have absolutely no way of proving you did. they can't even say they saw you do it, because if that was the case, they should have grabbed you inside, not several minutes later.

you've got a really good case and i'm actually surprised the cops even arrested you. this shit wouldnt stand up for a second in court. def. get a lawyer.

seeking/restating everything i just said cause i think i'm so fucking smart that people should read it twice. ha.

Just had this discussion yesterday with a friend.

Bouncers are private citizens hired by the bar. This means that inside the premises they have the right to ask you to leave and if you do not comply, to forcibly remove you. In general this is all they can do to you. As soon as they are outside of the bar and you have been removed, and are not threatening to return, they have no rights above anything a normal citizen would have. (ie they can't beat you up, hold you down, etc.)

What this means for you:

1) Don't say shit to anyone until you have a lawyer. This can either be a public defender, which they are required to give you or a lawyer you hire.

2) If it wasn't you there is a good chance that they don't have any evidence besides "I saw this guy in the bar, there was a tag in the bathroom, I think it was him." This shit will probably either get dropped by the prosecutor or dismissed by the judge. Note: Read number (1) again.

3) Because the door guys from the bar attacked you on the steet, you may have a civil suit. I'm not clear how this would work out, but again, talk to a lawyer, a lot of people do pro bono shit. Look around for it. Also, if your friend was stabbed/ thrown in front of a car he has a good chance of a legitimate suit.

4) They'll probably argue that you were fleeing the scene of a crime. If you were leaving the bar for your car its unlikely that this excuse will hold up.

5) Talk to a lawyer, and remember Number 1.

Edit: What Seeking said (in reference to bouncers, not Israel) is right. They have no right to assault you. It may cost money to sue the bar, but believe me, if it is a successful business, the money you'll get from a Battery claim, is likely more than the lawyer will cost you. After all it's an intentional tort which carries Punitive damages as well as pain and suffering. Go to a doctor and say your neck hurts...

Guest Sparoism

Steroids are bad.

Seriously, get a lawyer. You'll beat the rap for sure, and will almost certainly get paid. If you don't get paid, have some really big friends of yours go over there and whoop ass on the bouncers eight to one style....or just lay up and wait till you see the one who worked you getting into his car, then mace him and kick the living shit outta him.

It all depends on whether you can come up with an alibi.

The very first thing you do is press assault and battery charges on the bouncers.

Then get a real lawyer (not a public defender), he'll get your charges thrown out. Fist of all nobody seen you tag shit cause it wasn't even you. Then you can use one of those lawyers that don't get paid until you do and sue the living shit out of that bar.

You're making bank on this one!

thanks milton shit sounds good. i was kinda buggin cuz they were telling me 4000 fine and 6 months in jail for the charges. as far as what you said i feel good, we werent fleeing the scene we were going home and he spotted us hours after we had been in his bar and came after us. and my buddy cant file suit because i doubt he wants to get pulled into this shit.

what do you mean wouldnt go to court, i have a court date set. im not worried about it now considering the way the bouncer acted. i need to find a lawyer though pro bono or not. id rather not go with court appointed becauase it doesnt seem he would really give a fuck about helping me.

I don't really know all of the information or whatever. You should try to get a lawyer to pick the criminal case up pro bono or for a minimal fee. Public defenders aren't, as a class, bad. They want to win just as much as the next guy. The problem is that they're severly over-booked at times and so they try to get you to make a guilty plea for a bargain. The best would be to get a pro-bono lawyer though.

With respect to the potential civil suit against the club and the bouncers, you should look for a lawyer that does "contingency fee" work. Just call around. It seems like you have a good enough chance of winning that somebody will pick you up. Otherwise it doesn't cost you anything to talk to them...

Good Luck...

yo grab a lawyer. the laws vary from state to state but i think you gonna make some moeny off this, bouncers aren't supposed to touch you first in most states and can only restrain you until police show up.