Am I Being Scammed?

I.C.Shadow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Jan 26 2006, 01:05 AM

Birch, its hard to find people that have 1st months last months + security can can move in before Feb 1st. And I wrote her back and said cash money or no deal. Shit's a scam. Thanks for the discussion.

Nah, it's legit. I know Kate, she's good people. I'm going to be sharing the room with her, so if you could post that Bank account number, routing info, etc., that would help.

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Jan 26 2006, 01:16 AM

Sigh.

Response number 5.

please help me out on this,its only a wire transfer and that all.please ----- dont make me cry and dont make me lose my dreams please.i told u that my boss will make the transfer and thats all.

help me out

-kate

You can get ripped a new one if you give someone your bank account number. My girlfriend's roommate was supposedly buying "exclusive grant info" and they asked for her bank account number for payment. They ripped her off for $350. There is no way of getting your money back, because direct transactions are not-insured. Credit card is the way to go when paying for crap, because most of the time your bank will back you up.

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Jan 26 2006, 01:33 AM

please dont do this to me

i have already told my boss that i have seen a room and he was happy.please just trust me on this one please.i beg you.i need this room,

kate

"My boss" is probably the person trying to scam you, hence it's a male boss. Tell Kate to call you personally and that you would like to explain the situation. Tell her a rushed cashier's check will seal the deal.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

isnt there a way to track down ips? i know, for instance, if someone goes to a certain page of mine, i can get their ip which will take me to a map of where they are, so itd be easy to see if shes lying about where she lives.

BUT ON THE THE REAL, you gotta get a picture man. even if you are getting scammed, and you are, get something out of this, maybe the person will send you a pic of some myspace btich we recognize and then youll know for sure its a scam. just get the pics aight.

Guest Sparoism

Hell, let's all call him. Better yet, let's call HER!

Also I'd be asking her- why is she so desperate to move to the States? Shit, this place is gonna turn into the Soviet Union any minute.

I smell a Nigerian crackhead.

Guest Sparoism

Good point about the IP...I don't know if this helps, but there's a extention on Firefox called Show IP that tells me the IP of the page I'm on. I don't know if you could use it to establish where she is, but....you should be using Firefox, regardless.