IS THIS A JOKE?!?

deformatron

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word, walken is the man

but it's fake :(

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/walken.asp

However, the "Walken for President" web sites were nothing more than hoaxes, as the actor's publicist noted:

A claim that Walken had launched a campaign for the White House caused a stir as it made the Internet rounds in recent days, fueled by a sophisticated website (http://www.walken2008.com) that lists a campaign platform, testimonials and bits of purported Walken wisdom intended to carry him far with voters in red and blue states.

Only, it's all a joke.

"The person who put this together was just trying it as a hoax, I presume," said Mara Buxbaum, Walken's publicist. "My take on it is it sounds like the person who put this on the Web took his role in 'Wedding Crashers' too seriously and now wants him to run for the presidency."

A spokesman for New Line Cinema, which released the film, said the website is not part of any publicity campaign by its marketing department. The movie already has grossed $165 million and doesn't appear to need extra help at the box office, he added.

Although the campaign is fake, there's a certain Ross Perot quality to the website that lends it an air of authenticity.

The "Walken for President" web sites were actually the communal product of members of an Internet forum who opted to launch a faux celebrity presidential campaign as a prank.

they sure picked a good one.

Originally posted by deformatron@Jan 25 2006, 12:37 AM

Yo, im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but is this shit for serious? i read a little bit of it and it seems like hes really going for it.

peep: walken in 2008

If so, homebody's got my vote. Cowbell and shit.

Hey, how's it going?

Welcome to 3 months ago....