Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deformatron

IS THIS A JOKE?!?

Yo, im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but is this shit for serious? i read a little bit of it and it seems like hes really going for it.

peep: walken in 2008

If so, homebody's got my vote. Cowbell and shit.

fuck it, he gets my vote even if it is a joke.

in last years election i voted wrote in beardo and johnny for several of my local municipalities. sadly they lost.

Guest KING BLING

home_photo.jpg

If the Termanata could do it...

what the fuck,last he was playing some psycho in that jack black and ben stiller movie,i hope this is real.

Originally posted by merk or be merked@Jan 25 2006, 01:41 AM

if this is not a joke, he will get my vote.

word, walken is the man

but it's fake :(

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/walken.asp

However, the "Walken for President" web sites were nothing more than hoaxes, as the actor's publicist noted:

A claim that Walken had launched a campaign for the White House caused a stir as it made the Internet rounds in recent days, fueled by a sophisticated website (http://www.walken2008.com) that lists a campaign platform, testimonials and bits of purported Walken wisdom intended to carry him far with voters in red and blue states.

Only, it's all a joke.

"The person who put this together was just trying it as a hoax, I presume," said Mara Buxbaum, Walken's publicist. "My take on it is it sounds like the person who put this on the Web took his role in 'Wedding Crashers' too seriously and now wants him to run for the presidency."

A spokesman for New Line Cinema, which released the film, said the website is not part of any publicity campaign by its marketing department. The movie already has grossed $165 million and doesn't appear to need extra help at the box office, he added.

Although the campaign is fake, there's a certain Ross Perot quality to the website that lends it an air of authenticity.

The "Walken for President" web sites were actually the communal product of members of an Internet forum who opted to launch a faux celebrity presidential campaign as a prank.

they sure picked a good one.

Originally posted by deformatron@Jan 25 2006, 12:37 AM

Yo, im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but is this shit for serious? i read a little bit of it and it seems like hes really going for it.

peep: walken in 2008

If so, homebody's got my vote. Cowbell and shit.

Hey, how's it going?

Welcome to 3 months ago....

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this