Ferrofluid Sculptures

mindvapors

this is awesome.

FerroFluid Sculptures.

Ferrofluid is a very interesting material originally developed by NASA it has now found itself been used for a whole range of devices including dampers for controlling and stabilizing large building that move around in the wind. Whats also amazing is that they have such lovely visual qualities when magnetized.

photo00_1.jpg

photo01_1.jpg

photo04_1.jpg

photo08_1.jpg

photo09_1.jpg

See it in action.

i thought i remembered seeing something like this posted before but i couldn't find it with a search. im thinking maybe it was something else having to do with frequencies and shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mindvapors@Jan 24 2006, 01:59 AM

this is awesome.

i thought i remembered seeing something like this posted before but i couldn't find it with a search. im thinking maybe it was something else having to do with frequencies and shit.

Are you talking about something that had to do with different sound frequencies passed through a surface with grains of sand and the patterns created by them? That was awesome. I wanna find out more about it, but I dont even know what the whole phenomena was called...Thread anyone?

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by *Mr.Selfdestruct*+Jan 24 2006, 04:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (*Mr.Selfdestruct* - Jan 24 2006, 04:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindvapors@Jan 24 2006, 01:59 AM

this is awesome.

Are you talking about something that had to do with different sound frequencies passed through a surface with grains of sand and the patterns created by them? That was awesome. I wanna find out more about it, but I dont even know what the whole phenomena was called...Thread anyone?

[/b]

Shit, I remember that thread, it was fucking amazing. I think I had mentioned ferrofluids in it, I've long been fascinated by the possibilities.

Working video

damn, that video link was working when i posted it. and shit, none of the other videos on the bottom of the page are working either. bah.

wait, El Mamerro's video is the exact same one. Thanks, i'll edit my original post now.

Originally posted by *Mr.Selfdestruct*+Jan 24 2006, 04:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (*Mr.Selfdestruct* - Jan 24 2006, 04:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mindvapors@Jan 24 2006, 01:59 AM

this is awesome.

[/b]

ya, that was the one i think. quite facsinating.

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Jan 24 2006, 10:50 AM

Major bump.

I remember getting to play around with this stuff in Physics class one time. It's really awesome to watch.

Not to mention that it helped to explain how B-fields work.

-fuse.

good times... I think I will send the link of this thread to him today. I thought about stealing this stuff from the school when we were there, but I didn't wanna steal it from Talbot. I figured if there was anyone at that place not deserving to get fcuked over, it was him.