Crossfire booklist

Soup

Originally posted by John Birch@Jan 26 2006, 09:22 PM

btw Dawood, you mention whether its better to ask a muslim or non-muslim about islam. I would say the non-muslim because they would be more objective...which is why I have a difficult time reading some of that propganda you post sometimes... oh well

i agree with dawood on this point, given the current climate in this country i don't think you can find unbiased non muslims in this country easily, never mind the fact that people are baised based on their spirtual beliefs regardless of what they say. we are all being manipulated by the media on a daily basis its just a matter of who is pulling the strings and to what end.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok look at it this way...if you want to know and understand why the red sox didn't win the worlds series this year, who would you ask? Yeah at first you would say a Red Sox fan, because they know all about the team, stats etc... but shit they are biased and can't have a discussion about them without interjecting their own ideas and beliefs. Like me for instance...my theory is that they lost due to an international zionist consipracy propagated by New York jews and the beef industry (hence Chicago's win).

Is that true? Maybe, but most likely not. But if you ask any sox fan that, they will probably agree with me...

hence to get a true and objective understanding its best to ask a baseball fan, yes, but one from say the National League and preferably the NL west or central...

you see? and this analogy also applies to dawood's car anology. Yeah I wouldn't ask a chevy dealer about Fords, cuz they are biased, but I esp wouldn't ask a Ford dealer...but I would check edmonds.com or something objective. See?

Well, It depends on what your asking , since you put it like that. If youre asking a catholic why do priests molest little boys, then youre bound to get a different answer than if you ask someone non-catholic who cares nothing about the image of catholic preists.

But, if you want to know about the fundamental basics of Islam and what muslims really believe, then you do ask Jerry Springer?

Of course not, you go to your local, Mosque or go to an islamic website run by muslims etc. Otherwise, the only non- muslim people who would publish Islamic material would be people who are publishing anti Islamic material and their view is nore than likely going to be biased against it. So it really depends on the angle.

New book, just picked it up and only 20 pages into it.

Ghost Wars by Steve Coll

SUPERBLY written and interesting, very objective and packed with details (the notes and bibliography section's about an 1/8 of this decently thick book) and discuses the History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden from the soviet invasion to Sep 10, 2001.

Bought it for 16 bacon chedder cheese burgers at Borders book store. Cop that shiiit.

Oh, forgot to mention big ole "Pulitzer Prize Winner" award on the cover, for those interested in bling.

I remembered too that I got this email a few days ago. I'm not exactly all that crazy about the writer, seems to me like his style's Moore-ish but I'll foward it here:

Dear CSPC Supporter,

Because I know that you are as concerned as I am the radical left’s stranglehold on our colleges and universities, I have set aside for you a copy of my new book, The Professors -- The 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America.

The title speaks for itself. This book, a product of the research we are able to do thanks to your financial support CSPC’s National Campaign for Academic Freedom, exposes the tip of the iceberg, and then some, of the worst "hate America" voices in academia today. What we’ve exposed will astound and anger you:

* At Cal State-Long Beach: Ron Karenga is a Professor and Chairman of the Black Studies Department. He’s also a convicted torturer and inventor of Kwanzaa.

* At the University of Texas-Arlington: Jose Angel Gutierrez is a Political Science Professor. He’s also the founder of La Raza Unida, a racist Hispanic organization that calls on Hispanics and Mexican immigrants to seize U.S. land. Among his more notable racists rants is his repeated pronouncement that calls for the elimination of "the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have to kill him."

* At City University of New York: Leonard Jeffries is Professor and one-time Chairman of that schools Black Studies Department. He regularly lectures students that blacks are "sun people" and morally and culturally superior to "ice people" -- whites. "Jews," Jeffries says, "are a race of skunks...."

* At Brandeis University: Robert Reich is a Professor of Social and Economic Policy. He was Bill Clinton’s Labor Secretary and is a multi-millionaire. That doesn’t keep from telling his students that the U.S. has "fallen under the sway of radical conservatives who, by the malicious application of intolerant moral precepts, intended to secure the "reign of the rich" at the expense of most Americans.

There are more of course: MIT professor Noam Chomsky, who has made himself rich calling for the destruction of his country; Columbia University’s Nicholas De Genova, who led an anti-war demonstration by wishing for deaths of thousands of American troops; and, Texas Journalism Professor Robert Jensen, who rabidly hates the United States, and recently told his students, "The United States has lost the war in Iraq and that’s a good thing."

These are just a few of the most notorious radicals indoctrinating our young people today. Sadly, they’re not the exception at our schools -- they’re the mainstream! They’re just a sample of the 101 professors we’ve researched and exposed in The Professors... and they’re just the tip of the iceberg.

Imagine just for a moment being a conservative student and having to sit in a class taught by any one of the professors I’ve mentioned. Difficult? Stressful? All of that and more, and that’s simply not what a college education is about.

Yet the 101 professors highlighted in my book are representative of thousands of radical leftists who spew a violent anti-Americanism, preach anti-Semitism, and cheer on the killing of American soldiers and civilians! And they’re living off taxpayer dollars and tuition fees as they indoctrinate our future leaders.

Our job -- yours and mine -- is to spread the word far and wide. We must expose the men and women like Jose Angel Gutierrez, Ron Karenga, and Bernadine Dorhn to the American people. And I believe part of my mission is to ensure that the members of CSPC are fully aware of the types of individuals we’re up against.

Imagine just for a moment being a conservative student and having to sit in a class taught by any one of the professors I’ve mentioned. Difficult? Stressful? All of that and more, and that’s simply not what a college education is about.

yeah its called college, a place to go to widen your world-view, not to confirm your narrow thinking...

"Yet the 101 professors highlighted in my book are representative of thousands of radical leftists who spew a violent anti-Americanism, preach anti-Semitism, and cheer on the killing of American soldiers and civilians! And they’re living off taxpayer dollars and tuition fees as they indoctrinate our future leaders."

Hmm, most of those mentioned are Jewish. Noam Chomsky is a WWII vet.. and most importantly, they all teach at PRIVATE Universities...if you don't like it go to a public university in alabama, I heard they have a good football prgram, a sport invented by those at Havard, lol

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by angelofdeath@Feb 6 2006, 04:16 PM

sure widen your world view so long as it is not a conservative, libertarian or christian world view.

Umm... you realize it would be the opposite, right?

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by MAR@Feb 6 2006, 04:12 PM

Myth and Facts About Israel: A guide to the arab-israel conflict.

and I got it online for you so you dont even need to buy it.

FREE BOOK!!!

The case for Israel- Alan Dershowitz.

Good stuff very informative.

HAHAHAHAHA, are you serious?! you actually suggest a book about arab-israel conflict that is given away by the JEWISH VIRTUAL LIBRARY?

Originally posted by John Birch@Jan 27 2006, 10:44 PM

ok look at it this way...if you want to know and understand why the red sox didn't win the worlds series this year, who would you ask? Yeah at first you would say a Red Sox fan, because they know all about the team, stats etc... but shit they are biased and can't have a discussion about them without interjecting their own ideas and beliefs. Like me for instance...my theory is that they lost due to an international zionist consipracy propagated by New York jews and the beef industry (hence Chicago's win).

Is that true? Maybe, but most likely not. But if you ask any sox fan that, they will probably agree with me...

hence to get a true and objective understanding its best to ask a baseball fan, yes, but one from say the National League and preferably the NL west or central...

you see? and  this analogy also applies to dawood's car anology. Yeah I  wouldn't ask a chevy dealer about Fords, cuz they are biased, but I esp wouldn't ask a Ford dealer...but I would check edmonds.com or something objective. See?

:laugh1: no its the cheese industry which is run by the grand high master cheese but your pretty close.

ok all i am saying is you can't get a unbaised opinion in this case in this country go somewhere like the middle of the jungle in south america and ask some tribal brother who doesnt even know what tv is and he might be able to give you one. but i would rather try to use common sense and sort through the rhetoric from both sides and form my on ideas.

Myth and Facts About Israel: A guide to the arab-israel conflict.

and I got it online for you so you dont even need to buy it.

FREE BOOK!!!

The case for Israel- Alan Dershowitz.

Good stuff very informative.

this is such garbage israel is doing the same thing that the u.s. goverment did to the natve americans. i personally think that israel is doomed and the israeli goverment is probally the most dangerous threat to the world you have genocidal maniacs with nukes shit makes north korea look like the swiss

Originally posted by MAR@Feb 8 2006, 02:27 PM

...Also they usually write in coherent sentences. Once you add a few commas and... you can get back to me.

Experience has shown: Usually people who crtique others writing has the least original or interesting shit say to say (whether style or content).

And theres more than enough proof on some of these threads...

I have trouble reading poorly written posts. They are difficult to decypher.

Conversly, in my experience, I have found that people who write with poor grammer have generic ideas and know little about the subject they are writting about.