cops being cops being cops being cops

GamblersGrin

this is something a friend showed me. i amnot into this brand of music but the story here is very interesting. im just quoting the thing so you can read and watch the video for yourself.

"Last night Yah Mos Def played a show in Williamstown NJ. The show was put on by this dude Alan who has been putting on great all-ages shows in the area for a long time. This was at a new venue that was owned by some other older dude. So during the course of the night some kid stole a sign from the bathroom. This was fucked up, because anyone knows we have to respect these places if we want to be able to use them as show spaces. But this was not Alan's fault, just some stupid kid being funny. But the guy who owned the place flipped out and called the cops.

So while Amateur Party is playing, Alan comes in and says one more song. I guess the cops told him to wrap it up, and he came in to do so. So Amateur Party starts playing the shows last song, and one of the cops says "no, no more music". It is a confused situation. So Alan kind of just stands there and does not say anything, not knowing how to react.

So from here on out I have it on video. Since Alan does not respond, the cops says "that's it your under arrest and grabs Alan. He says something like "fuck you" cause the cop just grabbed him so hard by the neck, but did not resist or anything. All the sudden 2 other cops run and, and they all jump on the kid. I was fucking insane. People start taking out their phones and cameras and taking out pictures. One of the cops starts yelling "put away your phones", and a kid in the crowd says "this is America" and the cop responds "I don't care, you're in my town now. WTF! He gets in my face and starts telling me to put away my camera or I will get locked up. I tell him to F' off, and that I work for a Law Firm (which I of course don't), but that I know my rights. The kid next to me, who I don't know, spits out the amazing line "I don't mean to be disrespectful, but we have the responsibility as citizens to record this". I love that kid."

heres the video http://www.yahmosdef.com/movies/FTP.MPG

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by destroya@Jan 21 2006, 01:16 PM

if you got caught doing something you had no business doing the cops around here used to take your shoes and drop you off somewhere, usually on the other side of town or the town over. that all stopped when some lame decided to sue.

they call it a starlight ride out here. they drive over the border into the next juristiction and kick you out of the wagon.

Originally posted by PEDRO NAVAJA+Jan 21 2006, 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PEDRO NAVAJA - Jan 21 2006, 07:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>OVER THEY DROP YOU OF AT

[/b]

Originally posted by PEDRO NAVAJA@Jan 21 2006, 07:18 PM

OVER THEY DROP YOU OF AT

Originally posted by PEDRO NAVAJA@Jan 21 2006, 07:18 PM

OVER THEY DROP YOU OF AT

<!--QuoteBegin-PEDRO NAVAJA@Jan 21 2006, 07:18 PM

OVER THEY DROP YOU OF AT

who the fuck cares. the cops fgured they would try to put a good scare into the kids. between drinking in public, skateboarding, going to underground parties, and just generally, being young... this video has happened to me like 50 fucking times. not hating on gamblers thread. interesting. just venting on the crybaby who wrote it like he's going to tell his mommy he wants to sue. and i;m drunk.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin+Jan 21 2006, 07:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GamblersGrin - Jan 21 2006, 07:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PEDRO NAVAJA@Jan 21 2006, 02:18 PM

OVER THEY DROP YOU OF AT A GANGS HOOD N TELL YOURE FROM A RIVAL GANG, ONCE THEY TAKE THEM CUFFS PF SKEET SKEET SKEET

man, youve been watching "menace to society" too much.

[/b]

man, he's trying to be MERO too much.

IN CANADA ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS THIS BEEEEEEFFFFFFFOOOORE YOU SAY A SINGLE SHITTY THING!

"I THINK" or "IN MY OPINON" you sir are acting like a complete fucking dick head.

They will try to fuck with you but your opinon is YOUR opnion and aslong as you do not slander his name or character ,yes you are slandering his character but it's so hard to prove, they can't charge you with anything.