Hitler v. Elmo v. Mero

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Milton@Jan 17 2006, 06:58 PM

The Hipster:

What to look for:

1) Vintage Nikes, preferably in bright colors or attention-getting patterns.

2) Bottle of cheap beer, generally Pabst Blue Ribbon or Red Stripe.

3) Dark colored hair with one or several obvious blond (or colorful) highlights.

4) Books by traditionally respected authors, especially Faulkner.

5) Vespa scooter, or b

icycle.

6) Guitar.

7) Mesh cap.

8)MAC black kohl Eyeliner!!!

smeared...just'a little..

Originally posted by STRAIGHT PUKE BRAH@Jan 17 2006, 07:49 PM

EMO KIDS LISTEN TO JUDGE?

yeah. true story. emo kids got tired of being made fun of and started listening to hardcore and metal trying to make up for the fact that they are pussies. then they started trying to go to metal shows but got the shit kicked out of them constantly and started crying. then they decided if they formed shitty "moshing crews" they might not get the shit knocked out of them quite as much. then as i lay dying come out and shitty emo kids started shitty metal bands and more emo kids joined the scene. now they still get the shit knocked out of them but then you end up "fighting" (ie: getting kicked in the shin or some shit like that) 3 people who collectivley weight 260.

and metal shows suck.

the end.

Originally posted by boogie hands+Jan 17 2006, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boogie hands - Jan 17 2006, 05:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-STRAIGHT PUKE BRAH@Jan 17 2006, 07:49 PM

EMO KIDS LISTEN TO JUDGE?

yeah. true story. emo kids got tired of being made fun of and started listening to hardcore and metal trying to make up for the fact that they are pussies. then they started trying to go to metal shows but got the shit kicked out of them constantly and started crying. then they decided if they formed shitty "moshing crews" they might not get the shit knocked out of them quite as much. then as i lay dying come out and shitty emo kids started shitty metal bands and more emo kids joined the scene. now they still get the shit knocked out of them but then you end up "fighting" (ie: getting kicked in the shin or some shit like that) 3 people who collectivley weight 260.

and metal shows suck.

the end.

[/b]

WELL THAT IS JUST FUCKING GAY. EMO KIDS HERE JUST TALK ABOUT FIGHTING ON THE INTERNET THEN ACT LIKE YOUR FRIEND WHEN YOU SEE THEM. FASHIONCORE IS PRETTY BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.

It was the opposite here in Philly. All these beefy, ass-kicking, Hardcore kids all of a sudden turned into sing-along Emo fags when "The Get Up Kids" came out around 2000 or so. I'd be at this dive bar and see the same dudes that typically would punch out random kids at shows for no reason... start clutching their hearts and singing along to Sunny-Day-Realestate or Bright Eyes as soon as it came on the juke box. I thought I was in the fucking twilight zone. FAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SF1@Jan 17 2006, 10:22 PM

It was the opposite here in Philly. All these beefy, ass-kicking, Hardcore kids all of a sudden turned into sing-along Emo fags when "The Get Up Kids" came out around 2000 or so.

jesus christ.....get up kids. i pretty sure two guys fucking is less gay than singing along to the get up kids. honestly thinking back for a minute im not really that suprised that the philly jocks finally came out of the closet. i think even when they were trying to fight people at shows most of the east coast was sitting back like "i give them 30 seconds before they all start making out".

homos.

Boogie made my night!

Are you going to have a classification scale for black/latino kids that are so stupid they’ve become mtv/bet drones and talk like mall educated ghetto stompers?? I fully see the crash of the world because kids are so easily lumped into mindless clicks and crews of slobs.I blame New York and modern rap music trends.

Originally posted by Frate Raper@Jan 17 2006, 11:01 PM

Boogie made my night!

Are you going to have a classification scale for black/latino kids that are so stupid they’ve become mtv/bet drones and talk like mall educated ghetto stompers?? I fully see the crash of the world because kids are so easily lumped into mindless clicks and crews of slobs.I blame New York and modern rap music trends.

Don't bring New York into this

the distinction has always been blurry for me as well. most subcultures i understand, hippies- yeah sure, punks- okay, hipposex? Not a clue. Probably has something to do with irony and I'm sure they are looking down on me for not understanding. lol

and what's all this "brokeback"? Is this some hip new slang I'm unaware of? Or probably some random shit spun off the movie...

Feel free not to respond to my comment... I'm not sure any of this makes any sense... oh the irony.

dive bar: any place that sells bud light, bud, coors light, pbr, miller etc for under $2.50 a pint and/or $7.00 a pitcher...

some may restrict it further to include places that have alot of old townie types, fat scummy chicks, local scumbags and coke/meth dealers and pulltabs/lottery etc

I was in what I think was a hipster bar recently...people had dogs inside and the place was selling 40s of pbr with brown bags for like $6. It was kinda cool since I drink pbr, but I felt like a total hipster typo. Also the place was too crowded and the girls we tried to talk to were sooo snobby that I started laughing at them when I asked them a casual question and got a bitchy response...

Originally posted by John Birch@Jan 18 2006, 05:50 AM

some may restrict it further to include places that have alot of old townie types, fat scummy chicks, local scumbags and coke/meth dealers and pulltabs/lottery etc

We just call those neighborhood bars. You were right about the cheap beer though. But you left out the part about the walls being tagged up, cheep pool tables, and some of them have areas where bands play. Punks, Hipsters and Emofags deffinately frequent these bars. But so do graffiti writers and other deralicts. :haha: