Piercings...

-Rage-

Guest imported_Tesseract

Forget about my question,i read the previous thread on suspension.

I really dont get it, but then again it doesnt really matter.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it isnt going to be that bad i already have a pretty large pa hole, so it is just a small little clip, and the benefits/disadvantages are that the urethral nerve endings are 100x more senstive than those on the head of your penis if you crank those open, what the shit. i cant even imagine.

its a simple procedure and being done more and more, 4 yrs ago i wouldve never thought, but four yrs ago 6 gauge ears were really big and having my pa was out there.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

its where you pierce your flesh with big hooks and then hang, suspended from them by rope or chains. the most common(?) way is to put between 4 and 6 hooks across your shoulders (suicide), but there are a ton of different styles.... go to the site below an look at the photo gallery...

www.suspension.org

right. they use meat hooks. they had a guy on ripleys who did suspenstion from a helicopter and flew over the hollywood sign. pretty sick stuff. gnarly as hell.

if you want to get technical, they dont really use meat hooks, they use really big fish hooks and shave the barb off.

as to why someone might want to do it... its a personal thing, so obviously everyone will have their own reasons. why do i want to do it? well, a couple of reasons i suppose. one is just to toy with the idea of pain and letting things go. ever since i was little my dad would give me back rubs (no, not like that you sick fucks) and push really hard on the pressure points... i realized that if you just relax and say that it doesnt hurt, then most the time it doesnt. well, after piercings and tattoos, you start running out of things to let go, and like drugs, you need to step up to something a little harder for the self satisfaction. of course thats not the only reason, but its one. also, theres this empty, nagging little voice in the back of my head that makes me feel hollow and empty and the idea of physical pain is alluring. pain is always real. even if you can withstand the pain, you still know its there. when you cant feel anything else, even pain is a welcome change...

jobe... lets be realistic now... do you really want that? ive seen pictures... no offense, but that shit looks nasty... like a hot dog that exploded in the microwave... i dont know... i guess even with the thigns ive done, and the things id like to do, there are certain things that are just even too much for me....

Originally posted by seeking innocence

... like a hot dog that exploded in the microwave...

Ahhahahahahahahaha!

I totally agree with Seeking on the suspension thing. Pain is a very real sensation. Once you can get past it, your body seemingly starts to enjoy it. Your endorphins kick in, and it just feels warm. People always ask if my lip ring and my ears hurt. I tell them that pain is relative. I broke my wrist once. That hurt! I’m very curious as to how I would perceive the pain of hanging by a few hooks in my back. It’s all about pushing the boundaries of my body.

But I’m definitely getting a few tattoos before I get suspended. Maybe for my 30th birthday.

i too saw the discovery channel thing... i didnt see anything in it that seemed particularly 'nasty.' its not like jobes two pronged penis or anything...

anyone thats ever gotten a tattoo and found themselvs in the middle of it enjoying the pain will be able to understand what the attraction is... its intensly personal. just you and yourself. no one else matters, no one else exists, and no one else has control. its not like love that is dependent on another person.... im talking too much about this, but at the same time my replies are as much for me to try and make sense of my feelings as they are to explain them to others.

no i wasnt saying anything about pain. i understand that. thats why i would do the firewalking thing though ive heard from some people that it doesnt really hurt..mind over matter thing. the discovery channel show just looked gross with the guys skin looking like it was almost being pulled off his back

my piercer is really into suspensions. He has explained as a feeling of weightlessness where your entire body goes numb and your mind moves to a higher state where your concentration is amazing and no one seems to matter and your body feels whole.

I can see where this would come from. A form of this feeling is part of the reason why I poke holes in my body and have ink put into my skin. For that one split second nothing really matters and you know you just accompolished something most people are afraid of venturing into.

I have thaught so much about doing a suspension. I know I want to but currently I am not at the right part of my life where I think I would reap the full benefits of it. Someday it will be an experience of mine.

I liked the way someone put it as being sort of a carnival thing and I aggree I would want to do it indoors with just myself and the peple that must be involved in there with me.

zack morris

Guest imported_Tesseract

Wow, seeking

I dont know man i'll start this by saying that i can only show respect for the things you said cause you're being honest and cause i understand what you're talkin about.

I will also have to say that i address this to anyone who wants to try the suspension thing but i am using your name cause you're the only one that posted his personal view.

This whole thing gives me a "fight club" feeling.Pain and strong physical feelings as an antidote to emotional emptiness.

This whole concept may be the result of us western boys and girls living a 'wealthy' life, trapped in a very stupid lifestyle that like it or not its our surrounding.

I really wish that i could ignore that litlle voice you speak of and argue with the nececity of pushing the limits.

I myself thought (and still do) to attend the armys special forces (i'll have to go to army obligatory for 2 years)

In order to really overcome my self physicly and mentally.

It occured to me that this whole action may just be a shorcut version of pushing my limits. An easy way to prove something to my self or just feel that i actually FEEL something.

Maybe that voice is the lack of real commitment to my life and the things i am suposed to choose as important things.

It may be that risky-painfull-harmfull things we do or wish to do are just illusional situations that represent our need to transcend.

However i am not sure if thats a right path cause it leads to greed.The need of more and more and more

More pain more drama. That could lead on total self control on one hand and a weird fetish thing on the other.

...And still i cant argue with that idea. I am not feeling very smart at the moment nor do i want to sound like a smartass, Just a few thoughts that cross my mind cause i'd really want some answers to.

its not so unlike fight club i suppose. we had a really good thread about fight club abotu a year or so ago... some real good points brought up in it. even the ever-elusive raven joined us quite a bit in there... anyway...

ive been dealing alot lately with the ideas of emptyness, insecurities etc... what they mean in general and what they mean to me. the more i search, the more i find, the more i find, the less i understand it seems. every door is access to another room of doors. to make sense of these feelings (or lack there of) ive become quite self destructive. not only in terms of drinking too much and what not, but in simply doing things that i know will hurt me one way or another. self sabotage. im not sure why i do it, but i can only say that if nothign else, its interesting. its fun to push yourself and see how much you'll allow yourself to take. how much pain you can inflict all the while knowing you can stop. someone once told me that its impossible to conciously do something that you dont want to. something that has absolutely no positive effect. lately ive been focusing alot on that and what it really means. can i do things that do nothing but hurt me? it becomes a catch 22, because at this point, if i do it, im getting positive feedback, cause im trying to do it (even if it only hurts me.) does any of that make any sense? lately ive been listening to alot of hardcore. people that give in to anger as a means to understand their anger. i dont particularly believe in that idealogy, but i find a kinship in the music non-the-less. theres something freeing about letting go of your inhibitions and allowing yourself to become engulfed in your emotions for a moment. to give yourself over so to speak. maybe its because i dont have any messiah that i believe in. maybe its because i wasnt given enough hugs as a kid. who knows. i have a history as twisted as any you can find, so i wouldnt doubt if it stems from that. all i really know is that i need to find something that i dont now posess. or perhaps i do posess it and i just have to uncover it. regardless of what it is, im constantly searching (or perhaps 'seeking') for whatever will shed a bit of light on it. suspension, like any other highly emotional action, just seems like another avenue by which to do it... those of us who grow up in a western society arent necesarily 'spoiled' i dont think, although in many respects we certainly are. but i think more than anything, were somewhat abandoned. were cast out into the world with a zillion flashing lights to distract us, sell us something and ultimatly just confuse the fuck out of us. every single one of us is walking around trying to either correct, or simply medicate the things we've seen and felt growing up to this point in our lives.

sorry i got so long winded... ive just been thinking alot about this stuff lately and needed to get some of it out to try and make sense of it for myself... hope it might have answerd some of your questions tesser, and if not, i hope you can atleast respect the 'honesty' haha...

im scared to death of suspension. although id love to feel weightless, maybe ill go cliff jumping or skydiving. somewhere in the amazon or africa into a pool of water off of a waterfall. i think that would do it. i guess my desire to be free and let emotions take control is directed into my want to travel and wander, thats how i see freedom.. as an ability to wander and travel with no direction just simply wandering and searching and experiencing all the joys and beauties of this earth. i gotta travel more.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I gotta agree with the whole western thing and the impact it has on us as you put it.Confusion is the best word that could be used...

I may sound silly but thats pretty much what i meant.

I was thinking that in a different country where an actual war is going on or any situation that is extreme by itself 'suspension' doesnt exist just because things are already 'emotional'-'true' would be a better word.

Sometimes i feel like less options lead you to more self-knowing states just because you'll have to fit everything in them and stop making blue lines between things.

Thinking about what could you be or what are you into seems to differ from finding what you are, maybe that confusion.

Thats why i envy extreme situations, struggling to be what you are

is a nececity and 'control' is something you are forced to accomplish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

and if not, i hope you can atleast respect the 'honesty' haha...

;)

seeking a sub i isnt that that bad especially if it is only a minor one... like i am not going all the way down my urethra to my scrotal sac. just a little snip from where my PA already is...

i dunno it is gonna be held up with a pallang sooner or later.

love the split dick willy.

6 gauge both nipples

2 gauge prince albert

2 gauge frenum (starting to build a ladder)

2x 12 gauge in bottom lip (soon to be 10's)

10 gauge septum (soon to be 8)

Suspension is also on my list of things to do along with maybe dydoe(sp) piercings.... (i'm no original)

• 8 months later...
Originally posted by WhenOne

umm...

an 8 guage curved barbell in each ear(horseshoe lookin things)

12 guage spike labret

12 guage hoop in left eyebrow

had 10 guage barball in tounge but then i saw my friends teeth rotting because of his so i took it out guess i could have gone to acrylic but oh well

Weeeee!

now its...

a 1/2 inch tunnel in each ear

got rid of the labret

still 12 in eyebrow

6 gauge PA

straight barbell through top of back right cartilage to front

i want to get a fucking monroe, maybe next week

Guest --zeSto--

^ thank god you droped the labret.

I just thing they are way too gay looking.

wait... did you say a monroe?? Oh my!

Archived