Piercings...

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest krie

This is my friends ear lobes, he got flesh tunnels and had stretched them out to about 20mm i think he got them too ? 18-20mm something like that.. he took them out for a job and they didnt heal correctly as he has a skin condition called 'keyloids'(sp). im not sure if you can check with a doc before you have them done, but worth checking to see if you have keyloids. a plastick surgeon has said he wont touch them, he said if he cuts the skin off, itll just grow back.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/sharkers/lobe.jpg'>

It's called a keliod.

It's an inflamation of tissue and it hardens and becomes scar tissue. I had a couple of very small infections on my nape that resulted in a small keliod. I used Hydrocortisone 1% with two salt soaks a day and a week later it was gone.

Your friend, on the other hand, seemed to have been impatient in removing the plugs thus creating a reverse "blow-out" and resulting in a large keloid.

Originally posted by »§ÜGÅR«

this line of bullshit that i have get the piercing,stick two rings in there till it heals, then i can put in the barbell

that's the way you should do it... while fumbling around with the piercing and trying to get the jewelry in, you can do a lot of extra damage (if you start with the barbell)...

healing and all is so much easier if you heal it with rings...

Guest krie

Is there anyway to stretch lobes out at home ? I am thinkin of using a biro, taking the ink out and using the tapered edge to go in then stretch it out to the full diameter of the biro casing. Then leaving them in for a day or two then placing the actual jewelery peice in. Leave them in for a while, then if I want to go bigger, find a new mechanism, maybe a knitting needle or something...

Anyone know of any other techniques ?

Originally posted by krie

Is there anyway to stretch lobes out at home ? I am thinkin of using a biro, taking the ink out and using the tapered edge to go in then stretch it out to the full diameter of the biro casing. Then leaving them in for a day or two then placing the actual jewelery peice in. Leave them in for a while, then if I want to go bigger, find a new mechanism, maybe a knitting needle or something...

Anyone know of any other techniques ?

hang weights... fishing weights work well...

or, if you can go slowly, when a piercing is totally healed, you should have no trouble at all fitting in a bigger gauge...

for instance, my ears are back down to a 2, but i can fit a zero in them...

put in the bigger guage, wait a month, do the same...

or just hang weights through the piercing...

so i know a lot of people here have their ears gauged, so i'll throw out a question to any of you who know what you're talking about. In general when people get their ears stretched, if the earings are taken out and left out for awhile, how do they tend to heal/how much will they close up?

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

so i know a lot of people here have their ears gauged, so i'll throw out a question to any of you who know what you're talking about. In general when people get their ears stretched, if the earings are taken out and left out for awhile, how do they tend to heal/how much will they close up?

it all depends on the persons body and how much theyre stretched.

yes u can stretch them your self just keep adding things just slightly bigger and bigger but the thing that i see.....the bigger you go the harder for them to close up...

i have a standerd earing and i cant ever see my self stretching it only because you can never get it back to normal with out sergery,and fuck that.. think about how you are going to look when your older

O[o_o]O :lol: sukerrrrrrsss!!!! will be regreting it!

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by meateater@May 25 2004, 05:58 AM

yes u can stretch them your self just keep adding things just slightly bigger and bigger but the thing that i see.....the bigger you go the harder for them to close up...

i have a standerd earing and i cant ever see my self stretching it only because you can never get it back to normal with out sergery,and fuck that.. think about how you are going to look when your older

O[o_o]O :lol: sukerrrrrrsss!!!! will be regreting it!

actually...you can stretch up to a double 0 and it will still heal back to a standard (14 G) hole. I went from a 14 straight to a 2g with a taper....it really didn't hurt much. DO NOT ever dermal punch your ears there's no turning back. Tapering your ear to a 2 is a decent size and is minor trauma to your ear, it'll also save you a ton of money. After a month, i stretched to a 0 and am staying at this size since I get bored of piercings and intend to take them out eventually.

if you want large gauge cartiledge work, dermal is the only way to go. for lobes, however, it's a big no-no. especially if you want to stretch up, because you're literally removing tissue. and the less tissue you have, the less you can stretch. if you want quick large lobes, scalpel is the best option. my local shop has cut people from nothing to over 1". ouch.

• 1 year later...
i have 000g (1/2 in) in both ears

times have changed...

at this point my ears have closed to 2g, and i've gone through a handful of others along the way

10 g frenum, 6g frenum, second holes in ears at 4g, 12g x 2 on sternum...

now due to my job i can't have anything. and i really only wear my earrings on the weekends. maybe in a few years i'll get some more stuff done, til then i'm putting my cash towards tattoos.

Archived