Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miami ink or Inked??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no inked is still on, however both are whack because they make tattooing so goddamn safe now. i used to like it when i would walk around with my tattoos and people would try to stay away from me, instead of coming up to me and asking me what they are, what they mean, did it hurt, how much did it cost, blah blah blah

exact same thing happened with that OCC show and motorcycles, i hate it.

i hate to break it to you james dean, but tattoos did not just became 'accepted' because of two obscure shows on two cable channels that have both run less than a dozen episodes. i know it sucks that nobody gives a shit about you anymore, and that you'll need to begin offering up more than an ounce of shock value in order to get noticed (so you can complain about the attention), but those of us who got tattoos because we wanted them for us, not for others, are kinda stoked that we're slowly coming off the instant-suspect list and can get decent jobs.

personally, i don't mind at all. if it makes people a little more open minded, i'm all for it.

Originally posted by Ishbel Bullen@Jan 19 2006, 11:35 AM

no inked is still on, however both are whack because they make tattooing so goddamn safe now. i used to like it when i would walk around with my tattoos and people would try to stay away from me, instead of coming up to me and asking me what they are, what they mean, did it hurt, how much did it cost, blah blah blah

exact same thing happened with that OCC show and motorcycles, i hate it.

Tell me about it, I hate that show Skating With the Stars for the same reson. :rolleyes:

shark,

ha, actually, of all the jobs ive had, manual labor is the least of it. long sleeves are the great equalizer.

when i was in italy, i had people literally grabbing my arm and pulling me around to show their friends. didnt speak a word of english, would just smile and grab me. at first i was kind of annoyed, till somebody explained that nobody there really has tattoos, let alone sleeves, so they're all amazed when they do see them. after that i just laughed it off and enjoyed knowing that i'd be brought up in conversations 6 months from then.

dizzle is fucking retarded. yoji is cool, but seriously, why the hell would you want to teach someone to tattoo if they couldn't draw to begin with. like...how do you even learn 'how' to draw?! either you can or you can't, end of story.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by seeking@Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM

shark,

ha, actually, of all the jobs ive had, manual labor is the least of it. long sleeves are the great equalizer.

when i was in italy, i had people literally grabbing my arm and pulling me around to show their friends. didnt speak a word of english, would just smile and grab me. at first i was kind of annoyed, till somebody explained that nobody there really has tattoos, let alone sleeves, so they're all amazed when they do see them. after that i just laughed it off and enjoyed knowing that i'd be brought up in conversations 6 months from then.

dizzle is fucking retarded. yoji is cool, but seriously, why the hell would you want to teach someone to tattoo if they couldn't draw to begin with. like...how do you even learn 'how' to draw?! either you can or you can't, end of story.

you've got a point, but a good friend of mine is an apprentice at the moment, and he knows how to draw, but is being taught how to draw the correct way and with the right techniques. maybe its a similar situation but they're only showing the most intriguing parts. on a side note, im not too big a fan of either show, but, if it came down to it i'd watch the Miami one over vegas. the vegas one was on last night as i was flipping through channels, and no lie, last nights episode was brought to us by Vagisil. Rub that on your chest.

i know there are ways to draw things, techniques, etc, but these ma'fuckers simply cant draw at all. yoji can't draw a fucking wave. he cant draw a rose. nothing. that shit just baffles me, because drawing is the only thing i've ever known how to do. it's such an instinctual thing, i don't know how someone could 'learn' it'.

Just watched this (miami ink) tonight, it was pretty entertaining.

I really don't understand why this dude Yoji would decide to become a tatto artist to support his family, and THEN learn to draw. what the fuck.

And also the dudes complaining about the fairy tattos was pretty funny to me.