hostel

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_El Mamerro

As a matter of fact, I just got pumped to watch Brotherhood of the Wolf again. I'm gonna add it to netflix. I'm gonna rip it this time, so anytime I feel like giggling and constantly slapping my forehead during a movie I can do so at will.

but after the first 45 minutes it gets fucked up, horror movies never scared me but this is the first one that i really felt disturbed by.. it was very intense no doubt about that ive never seen a movie go to this extreme before hard to watch (i copied pasted random quotes from an interview from a writer (maybe ***** ***)

fresh hookers are being paid to lure ya hoo yanks into the hostel in east europe then they get kidnaped one by one by big grungy people with a fetish to torture.. and some rich guy with that fetish is paying them for that.. and the movie took distirbiualty to the extreme torturing graphic very graphic new level of intense horrible to watch bioatch**** **

Originally posted by Mainter@Jan 11 2006, 02:08 PM

anyone remember blair witch project that was some funny shit

dumbass movie

That movie creeped me out, and I'm a very hard guy to creep out. It was probably becuase I was walking down dark alleyways all the way home, but I got a little freaked.

Wasn't there some Russian movie that was supposed to be coming out that was pretty good? Night or something like that?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Blair Witch had precisely two moments of "slight discomfort". I was much more into the whole novelty of the concept than I was into it being a scary movie.

The russian movie you speak of is Night Watch. Not really horror, more like dark fantasy, á la Underworld. The movie has a lot of good things, none of which is coherence or exposition. They did a whole bunch of cool shit in it that left me waiting for the sequels (it's a trilogy), but in reality it's a huge mess of a film.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 11 2006, 08:35 PM

i told somebody on this forum that hostel was gonna suck

ican recall a quote:

"quenin tarantino? this will NOT dissapoint!"

or something like that

wheres your messiah now?

its all relative

im sure ill enjoy it anyways

12 oz has been wrong before

Originally posted by boogie hands+Jan 11 2006, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boogie hands - Jan 11 2006, 07:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-symbols@Jan 11 2006, 02:48 PM

dunno. i think i'm done with cheesy horror flicks

not saying everyone else should be..

i just prefer feeling scared as hell to laughing at soap opera gore.

for the most part i agree. while this movie was very, very funny i would prefer if they were still making horror movies on the level they were 20 or 30 years ago. fucking special effects.....

by the way...did anyone happen to see "wolf creek"? ive been debating spending the 8 bucks.

[/b]

yeah i saw it. I'm not really into horror but it was okay.

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Jan 12 2006, 05:36 AM

what's the "have you checked the children?" movie called?

Yo, when I first saw the preview for that movie I thought it was going to be a joke commercial or something. When I realized that it was an actual movie I lost what little hope I had left for Hollywood. It looks like the most unoriginal, formulaic movie ever created.

Scary movies...

The Evil Dead series although not 100% scary are a fucking riot - Evil Dead 1 was kinda scary though, haha when I think about I remember in Evil Dead 1 where a bitch got raped by the wood's, some fucking trees ripped off her top and bra, spread her legs then inserted a long stick in her pussy - CLASSIC!

Scary films shit none really scare you like they did when you were a kid, I remember I couldn't sleep after watching Candyman and I could barely even have my eyes meet the screen when watching The Excorcist. Nightmares and shit, those were the good days.

ALl you folks saying Cabin Fever sucks are dumb...the movie was suposed to be FUNNY...the kid screaming PANKAKES and doing karate at them was a big hint..the movie also exploited the acting of the dude from Boy meets World. Eli wasnt trying to get some deper meaning in the flick, he just wanted you to laugh...and I expect the same from hostle.

some of you people just dont get film, god damn. everything has to be fucking bad boys 2 type shit...you probebly said Garden State changed your life.

fuck

cabin fever was funny as fuck! (some parts).. surprised people didnt think that it was a comedy.. he was going to shoot the squirls casue "their gay" ahahahahaha i saw that 10 months ago and havent stopped laughing since (except when asleep and at the dentist) fuck that i was laughing at the dentsit.. ahahahahahaa the thought of gay squirls cracks me up

and the part where hes like "later motherfucker" with a shotgun pointed at the bad guy who is entering the little cabin.. but HE (the guy who said what seemed like a finisihng line ie: "alstalavista" as if its right before he was about to kill someone) but HES THE ONE who get shis hwead blown off just as he's saying that Ahahahahaaha ahahaaa that makes the gay squirl joke gay... "just kidding gay or straight i shoot them anyway" ajajajaahahajah

Originally posted by CRAMPS@Jan 12 2006, 12:46 PM

ALl you folks saying Cabin Fever sucks are dumb...the movie was suposed to be FUNNY...the kid screaming PANKAKES and doing karate at them was a big hint..the movie also exploited the acting of the dude from Boy meets World. Eli wasnt trying to get some deper meaning in the flick, he just wanted you to laugh...and I expect the same from hostle.

if someones going for funny then be fucking funny about it. aside from the constant fag jokes in the first 30 minutes im about 99% sure this wasnt supposed to be funny.

i heard hostel sucked, and as for other horror films...

IT is a scary fuckin movie, and i'm not even scared of clowns.

and to people who say SAW sucked; very true, some ideas in the movie were good (the different ways he killed people, just the idea of someone doin shit like that...), who the killer was came outta no where, but the acting and plot sucked

Originally posted by Herbivore+Jan 12 2006, 08:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herbivore - Jan 12 2006, 08:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WhiteOx@Jan 12 2006, 05:36 AM

what's the "have you checked the children?" movie called?

Yo, when I first saw the preview for that movie I thought it was going to be a joke commercial or something. When I realized that it was an actual movie I lost what little hope I had left for Hollywood. It looks like the most unoriginal, formulaic movie ever created.

[/b]

it's only unoriginal because they made it in the seventies with carrol kane.

shit is called "when a stranger calls". they're going nuts with remakes. it's a pandemic.