happy birthday albert hoffman

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Herman Munster's moonboots glide through the night sky like a hot knife through butter. A hermaphrodite pigeon gleams as the particle beams infest his vacinity. Tweet, Tweet, why must the ever-enchanting solstice of reincarnated tripods reflect upon the disregarding temperments from within? If only the Jujitsu master would unleash the holy relic kept secret for so long, would we be able to rejoice in happiness.

CHEKK MIE POWEM #2 YOAH ITZ OPH DUH HOOK

Guest im not witty

used to be so much around back in 98. now i hardly ever hear about it anymore. but its still out there. i get asked every now and then, but it used to be you couldnt swing a dead hippie without hitting a vial.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Jan 12 2006, 11:21 PM

^ woah.

It's been almost ten years for me. I have had the chance to do it again, but it's not worth it. LSD is bad for you! I remember doing it and not being able to finish my sentences for a week. NOT COOL!

I think thats due to the chemist and how they cut it down.

My stipulation is I would need to know the chemist .. I dont ever see that being the case so despite the urge I dont see it coming to be a reality.

when good ol Al had this to say

"Everything I saw was distorted, as in a warped mirror," he wrote of the experience, noting his surprise that LSD was able to produce "such a far-reaching, powerful, inebriated condition without leaving a hangover."

tommyknockers

take the wallet

red red waters

moving speakers

hop the fence

to cold oustide

too warm inside

dont look at the mirror

just wash the hands

hide the blade

walk inside

repeat

dont use blade

tommyknockers

rock the beat

tommyknockers

7 am

tommyknocker

divvy the loot

lizards at the restraunt serving the food

tommy knockers

all night.

thats meh poem based on meh raver days..

i used to think my ears where bleeding like waterfalls all the time..

For you people who actually read about this shit:

I've read a few books about lsd for the fuck of it, and I'd say that Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream [Jay Stevens] is probably the most in-depth out there.. There's a grip of stories (about people like Hunter S., Kesey, Huxley, etc..) and an ass-load of history. The thing I liked most about it was that it didn't come off fanatical. Most are either too pro-acid or anti-drug but SH was balanced and basically comes to the same conclusion that most level-headed people who've taken the drug do: Shit's great fun and a good 'tool', but it's nothing you should put too much stock into.

Check that shit out if you're looking for something interesting to read.

I dont think Hoffman did anything special, ergolines have been used from natural sources for centuries.

I've got residual tracers too, called HPPD. Everyone has it, like ADD, it just depends on the intensity of your symptoms.

Partial List of HPPD Symptoms:

Afterimages

After looking at an object for a while and then looking away, a positive or negative image of the object remains visible.

Color Confusion

It is difficult to tell colors apart. Colors may appear to change over time. Example: a red sweater may turn yellow, or black text in a book may turn bright green.

Reduced Color Discrimination

Some subjects report a reduction in the brightness or fidelity of colors, sometimes making it harder to tell similar colors apart.

Difficulty Reading

Text may sway back and forth. Letters leave positive and negative after-images. Letters may vanish into an "alphabet soup".

Flashes of color

Subjects may see bright lights, flashes, or sheets of color that appear and disappear.

Geometric Patterns

Subjects see geometric patterns and shapes. Example: leaves in a tree may form patterns.

Halos around objects

Objects appear to have halos that extend for some distance around their edges.

Images within Images

Subjects see faces or other complex images where none exist. Example: a hardwood floor may appear to be made out of faces.

Movement

Stationary objects appear to sway back and forth or slide across the floor. This is most common in the peripheral vision.

Size Distortions

Objects temporarily seem to be smaller or larger then they actually are and then return to their normal sizes.

Static

Subjects see static over monochrome surfaces. This is especially noticeable at night. Example: in a totally dark room it may look like there is a TV set turned on broadcasting static.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Jan 13 2006, 10:24 AM

For you people who actually read about this shit:

I've read a few books about lsd for the fuck of it, and I'd say that Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream [Jay Stevens] is probably the most in-depth out there.. There's a grip of stories (about people like Hunter S., Kesey, Huxley, etc..) and an ass-load of history. The thing I liked most about it was that it didn't come off fanatical. Most are either too pro-acid or anti-drug but SH was balanced and basically comes to the same conclusion that most level-headed people who've taken the drug do: Shit's great fun and a good 'tool', but it's nothing you should put too much stock into.

Check that shit out if you're looking for something interesting to read.

i read that book.

i've also done acid.

i liked both.