A Tribe Called Quest v.s. De La Soul

Shogun_Assassin

Back in the early De La days they (well, P. Paul) were getting really experimental with the musical aspect of it and some of the production on the songs sounded like shit because of it; it's like the equipment they were using wasn't ready for them yet and a few tracks suffered because of it. Still ill, though.

I say Tribe just because it's better overall music... easier to vibe on. De La's got that presidential.... but I have to go with Tribe.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RumPuncher+Jan 12 2006, 05:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RumPuncher - Jan 12 2006, 05:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Safe Fun@Jan 12 2006, 01:48 AM

People's Instinctive Travels And Paths Of Rhythm and Beats Rhymes and Life

my Dad's friend used to review records for MBG (zomba jive) and I got a copy of that on casette 2 years before it was released.

[/b]

Reviewing records is my type of job, I think im tryna do that. Is the tape you have any different then what was released?

Originally posted by KING BLING@Jan 12 2006, 06:15 AM

I still listent to Stakes is High...I think most of you weren't really into rap 10-15 years ago and probably really like the Beastie Boys...

bingo...

king bling get at me jig ..its been a minute since i ran into you on the street so im assuming youve moved on..holler on PM.

I bought my dad 3ft High and Rising on wax for christmas the year it came out... and then when I got turntables I 'borrowed' it back... I think I also bought and 'borrowed' his De La is Dead cassette until I bought my own cd.... i hope he doesn't read this... I know he's lurking on here, but I forget his handle...

Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 12 2006, 04:26 AM

Remember the track "My Buddy"

Tough call but I'd have to go with Tribe.

it's actually just "buddy"

if you can, find the red alert remix, it is ill.

moni love, tribe, and jungle bros.

i think that version is the one they used in the video.

honestly, dela took sampling to a whole new level! the stuff they have used and the way that they used it.......nuts!

Guest Dyptheria

I used to ask this question to everyone when i'm talking about hip hop with them just to get a feel for their flavor of all hip hop.

Kinda like the question in Pulp Fiction "Elvis or the Beatles"

I love De La, but my vote goes to the Quest.