Re-introducing the real Windows Vista

DITDxCULT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mainter+Jan 10 2006, 08:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Jan 10 2006, 08:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-j@Jan 10 2006, 08:28 PM

Alright then Mainter, tell me what exactly those are in that picture.. I mean, if you "work with them every day" and all that.

they are what you call blade servers its what you use to run a business its so that you can process all the data that comes in from all over the world and your company its selfi nto the company they are big computers that can process billions a processes a second also called mainframes

[/b]

Ok, I do see the HP logo now.. I initally saw them as Cisco gear.

So you actually use them, or you work somewhere that has them? There's a big difference there.

Originally posted by j+Jan 10 2006, 08:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (j - Jan 10 2006, 08:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mainter@Jan 10 2006, 08:31 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-j@Jan 10 2006, 08:28 PM

Alright then Mainter, tell me what exactly those are in that picture.. I mean, if you "work with them every day" and all that.

they are what you call blade servers its what you use to run a business its so that you can process all the data that comes in from all over the world and your company its selfi nto the company they are big computers that can process billions a processes a second also called mainframes

Ok, I do see the HP logo now.. I initally saw them as Cisco gear.

So you actually use them, or you work somewhere that has them? There's a big difference there.

[/b]

i just started working on them like a month ago

Guest Sparoism

I'm with you on Unix, Mainter...I don't think I'm ready to try to learn Unix yet, but I understand its importance and how Linux is simply an adaptation of Unix.

Tiger is Unix based, and Apple doesn't hide the fact that they have borrowed ideas from open source code for a while now.

However, wouldn't that mean that they would have to abide by the GPL and/or distribute Tiger at cost?

Judging by the $499 price tag for the consumer edition, I imagine that's not the case....and that also leads me to believe that the source code for Tiger is in no way, shape, or form available for free under the GPL terms.

So, they are only slightly better than Microsoft as far as honesty goes. But, they aren't playing fair, either.

Guest Sparoism

If I have a stable OS that works correctly, I will have more time to do other things (sex). Also, I won't have to spend time A) downloading and installing Service Packs and patches from Microsoft, B) hoping that these stopgap measures will fix problems without creating new ones, and C) realizing that Windows is a con artist's dream- a second-rate product based on stolen ideas that almost everyone knows how to use without any special training...and, if you don't know how it works, you can't fix it. Tech support is necessary since most people are lazy and the furthest thing from their minds is reading a book or two, even if it would save them money....and, Mainter has proven that other people's apathy is a good way to make a living.

I could go on about this, but Mero's right- life's too short, and my beer isn't gonna drink itself...so, if you are up to it, read this....it's one of the funniest things I've read in a while....it has to do with the history of Windows, Apple, and Linux and the differences between them...C'mon..don't be lazy.

Originally posted by Sparoism@Jan 11 2006, 06:03 AM

If I have a stable OS that works correctly, I will have more time to do other things (sex). Also, I won't have to spend time A) downloading and installing Service Packs and patches from Microsoft, B) hoping that these stopgap measures will fix problems without creating new ones, and C) realizing that Windows is a con artist's dream- a second-rate product based on stolen ideas that almost everyone knows how to use without any special training...and, if you don't know how it works, you can't fix it. Tech support is necessary since most people are lazy and the furthest thing from their minds is reading a book or two, even if it would save them money....and, Mainter has proven that other people's apathy is a good way to make a living.

I could go on about this, but Mero's right- life's too short, and my beer isn't gonna drink itself...so, if you are up to it, read this....it's one of the funniest things I've read in a while....it has to do with the history of Windows, Apple, and Linux and the differences between them...C'mon..don't be lazy.

cliffnotes on that please

She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene

I said don’t mind, but what do you mean I am the one

Who will dance on the floor in the round

She said I am the one who will dance on the floor in the round

2nd verse

She told me her name was billie jean, as she caused a scene

Then every head turned with eyes that dreamed of being the one

Who will dance on the floor in the round

josie-maran-04.jpg

People always told me be careful of what you do

And don’t go around breaking young girls’ hearts

And mother always told me be careful of who you love

And be careful of what you do ’cause the lie becomes the truth

Originally posted by Sparoism@Jan 11 2006, 03:03 AM

If I have a stable OS that works correctly, I will have more time to do other things (sex).

1 minute of linux = 1 day w/o sex + 1 day smelling of sweaty feet fungus. i dont see how you think using linux gives you more time to get in your woman's babymaker, you have to learn a whole mess of shit to use it. i mean, if you want to take like a 2 year break from your woman and then commence the fucking, fine. but by then you'll be too busy compressing kernels or whatever the fuck to give a damn about vagina.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Jan 11 2006, 08:54 AM

also, to all of you starting to get angry with each other in here.

you do fucking realize these are machines right? they are just computers. calm down.

It's cool, boxcars. I don't think much of this is very serious, except maybe for the guys who think that linux is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'd bet most here don't even have much of a clue how to use it effectively based on some of the replies.

j/ OMG CLOSED-SOURCE SUX LOLZ!!1!

Originally posted by j+Jan 10 2006, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (j - Jan 10 2006, 08:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright then Mainter, tell me what exactly those are in that picture.. I mean, if you "work with them every day" and all that.

<!--QuoteBegin-Mainter@Jan 10 2006, 08:29 PM

should i go into memory and motherboards/cooling/cases/and soundcards too?

[/b]

My comphrehension is fine, thank you.

Guest Sparoism

Mainter- That link isn't going to tell you anything you didn't already know...but it is a good read. Basically, I feel that if everybody who uses computers read it, they would be able to make informed decisions. Until then, you have job security.

Boxcars- The distro of Linux I use only took fifteen minutes to install and has 90% of the apps I need. I am not a hacker, but I do like to tinker with things so I can understand them better. I like Linux for that reason, and as long as I learn from it, it's time well spent. And, I seldom get angry at things I read here. It's not worth it.