New York Cracks Down On Graffiti Artists

TrustUGN

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i find it funny that the government and/or police actualy spend any time dealing with graff, just get a few council worker on the buff, simple as that.

its just not a big deal at all and the government should deal with real politics like abortion and terrorism while the police should deal with real crimes like murder and fraud

Originally posted by backfromgrave@Jan 29 2006, 08:35 PM

Odd Punishment: Convicted graffiti artists on the Isle of Man are forced to have replicas of their graffiti tattooed on their chests

is that true? or only on wierd facts websites?

haha, this is bullshit but i like that somebody has made it up for their facts website

• 1 year later...

any petty crime you deal with, there are always people saying "why don't you spend your money catching murderers, drug dealers, etc..." graffiti is a gateway crime.. and the broken windows theory is pretty much true... just admit it, you are committing a crime stop trying to justify it! if you get caught, then deal with it... keep painting...

looks like new york is gonna get a taste of what its like in chicago

yeah on the reals. i dont know what the security camera situation is in new york 'cause i haven't been there in 5 years, but i was walking downtown today..and i'm sure i was caught on camera walking by myself probably about 11 times or something for sure...which is whack as fuck....

fuck this people.. and what they think.. the worst crime ever, is out there.. and its controlling us... fuck this guys and their fucking laws... they want us to follow ..how they think.. graffiti isnt suppose to be a seriouse fucking crime.. this people constently lie to the world... fuck politics and the goverment... the goverment are on sum crazy shit called the freemasons society crap...

i think the graffiti community should unite and bring out the message about this fucking punks ....

Can't stop graff in a big city no matter what. There will be 20 foot high barbed wire fences with guard dogs with laser beams strapped to them or somethin and someone will still pull off painting a train or a wall or whatever the surface is haha. That's one of the best parts about graff, it's like solving a puzzle to get to a risky spot.

Since January 1, a raft of new restrictions have come into force, including raising from 18 to 21 the age at which it is legal to possess "graffiti instruments," such as etching acid, aerosol paint cans and broad-tipped indelible markers.

When NYC's theft rate increases, this will be why. . .

• 2 weeks later...

All the laws in the world won't stop people from tagging here. Rooftops are still hot, workbum buildings are still hot, tunnels are still getting bombed. Streets are still looking like a mess... They can have their clean trains and their stupid laws trying to make people think it's under control... they'll never be able to stop it all.