interior design...i need your help

Guest Pilau Hands

Guest Pilau Hands

mr.lonely...i get that feeling also...just walking with art students makes me feel poor. i mean it's a huge step and like you said, i don't know if i'm willing to put my kids into debt so i can do something that's not a sure thing. art schools everywhere...scholarships are not forthcoming, it's about connections.

fuck it, we'll make it eventually...make something anyway, whether it's art or not.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET
.if you suck at math but at the same time the idea of architecture sounds good,

Give it a shot. You dont have to be a math genius you just have to go through basic stuff.

Overcome your self.Everyone must eventually...or should i say Transcend?

so can i apply this "transcendence" to materials engineering? cause thats what i truly wanna do...mathmagician iam not

....whats the difference between art institute and art school?...is FIT an institute but PARSONS(dream) is a school?...and you guys need to first stop worrying about money, and apply...put together the portfolio pilau and lonely, find the schools and send it in...after that then worry about the $$$...first things first....i dunno, i set roadblocks up myself, and i hate to see other people do it to themselves....r

Art school is exspensive. Not just the money to go but the money for supplies and surviving as well. Art supplies to cost much more when you're in school. And it's a lot harder to boost marker paper than it is a couple of pens. The thing I noticed about school was that the teachers weren't concerned about individuality. (Before I go any further... this has been my experience at the Art Institute schools.) They had their idea of what art should be and you were there to learn it. You were paying them to teach you haw to draw what they wanted you to. Example01 ---> Life drawing class... I had a teacher who walked aroud with a magnum44 marker crossing out drawings he didn't feel captured the image at hand. I lost a bundle of human figure drawings that I felt were going somewhere due to this closed minded thinking. Example02 ---> Photography class... First day of class were told we need a 35mm camera. Not a point and shoot, but something like a Pentax with changable lenses and all that kinda crap. I tell my teacher that I don't own any such camera. He asks if I can get one, I ask how much one might cost. He tells me. I tell him hell no. He tells me he'll be glad to give me a failing grade for the class then. Those words are not an exaggeration. He failed me for not being able to afford the camera needed for the class. I have several problems with that but I won't go in to it.

I agree with that said above. Pick a school and send your work in. Mr. Lonley... you should be able to get a scholarship to just about anywhere you want.

"I had a teacher who walked aroud with a magnum44 marker crossing out drawings he didn't feel captured the image at hand. I lost a bundle of human figure drawings that I felt were going somewhere due to this closed minded thinking"-joker

AAARRRGHH!:mad:

see thats the shit that makes my fucking blood boil...ive never understood how art teachers can be so fucking close minded, esp. considering the subject matter...but when they get all into technique and theory they can be so fucking pig headed...what really bothers me is the audacity in which this certain teacher approached technique...i really had to read that twice...people like that shouldnt teach period...i cant imagine how many potential artist, or people who just enjoy art are lost because of teachers such as this dipshit...you have better patience then me man, i woulda freaked...ya shoulda grabbed the 44, and said "here fucker lemme show ya how its done, and laid a fat tag across his forehead"-okay maybe not, but i guy can dream....

rOe

down with concrete perceptions of what is and what is not

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

mr.lonely...i get that feeling also...just walking with art students makes me feel poor. i mean it's a huge step and like you said, i don't know if i'm willing to put my kids into debt so i can do something that's not a sure thing. art schools everywhere...scholarships are not forthcoming, it's about connections.

fuck it, we'll make it eventually...make something anyway, whether it's art or not.

yeah I hear ya bro..

whether I personally "make it" or not..I don't know,,but for sure I'm gonna keep creating art. no question....it would just be really dope if I could make a living off it...

but hey, me and a whole lot of other people too...

but I will keep on keepin' on.

Originally posted by mental invalid

....whats the difference between art institute and art school?...is FIT an institute but PARSONS(dream) is a school?...and you guys need to first stop worrying about money, and apply...put together the portfolio pilau and lonely, find the schools and send it in...after that then worry about the $$$...first things first....i dunno, i set roadblocks up myself, and i hate to see other people do it to themselves....r

Yeah..I've done that a few times..got offers of only partial scholarships..with catches..strings attached..etcetera...and gave up

but winners never quit, right...so maybe I'll try again...

Originally posted by Joker

Art school is exspensive. Not just the money to go but the money for supplies and surviving as well. Art supplies to cost much more when you're in school. And it's a lot harder to boost marker paper than it is a couple of pens. The thing I noticed about school was that the teachers weren't concerned about individuality. (Before I go any further... this has been my experience at the Art Institute schools.) They had their idea of what art should be and you were there to learn it. You were paying them to teach you haw to draw what they wanted you to. Example01 ---> Life drawing class... I had a teacher who walked aroud with a magnum44 marker crossing out drawings he didn't feel captured the image at hand. I lost a bundle of human figure drawings that I felt were going somewhere due to this closed minded thinking.

holy shit joker....

granted I don't know the details of the situation..but I think I would've socked him...he'd have to be one dope talented fucking artist for me to take that..I mean I got bugged just at my pathetic community college life class teacher telling me I had "too many lines" and that my work was "lacking in form"....and it wasn't that big a deal..but taking a marker to it??..that's some crazy egotistical mind-fuck leg-hump type shit right there...

Example02 ---> Photography class... First day of class were told we need a 35mm camera. Not a point and shoot, but something like a Pentax with changable lenses and all that kinda crap. I tell my teacher that I don't own any such camera. He asks if I can get one, I ask how much one might cost. He tells me. I tell him hell no. He tells me he'll be glad to give me a failing grade for the class then. Those words are not an exaggeration. He failed me for not being able to afford the camera needed for the class. I have several problems with that but I won't go in to it.

holy shit again...that's fucked up...like..who did you think you were, you lowly peasant!?.. damn. my mom went to art school back east and she said it sucked and to stay away...because of stupid shit like that....

I agree with that said above. Pick a school and send your work in. Mr. Lonley... you should be able to get a scholarship to just about anywhere you want.

hah..well thanks for the vote of confidence..means a lot.

admittedly I've only tried a couple art schools so far...and I think I need to be a lot more aggressive in that area...

heh..y'know..I think I've always had plenty of confidence in my abilities as an artist..but just wanted to go to school for two reasons...first -in the hopes of finding the right artistic chick..which I'm not exactly concerned about at the moment..and second -because going to art school seems to "validate" you in the eyes of the art world..which seems to be fairly crucial.....

...and what I've wondered is if I could just FAKE IT.

y'know what I'm saying?..like..make up a story and stick to it..make up some credentials saying I got my bachelor's at _______ school of art..and have shown at______,_______,_____galleries (made up of course).....

that way I might seem like a "REAL ARTIST" deserving of attention and respect..

heh..it's a thought.

mr.machiavelli:D

Archived