GRAFFITI MOVIE (NOT BOMB THE SYSTEM)

TACOTOTE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

toys need to stay home an eat their roast beef in their room,...

no tv

no nintendo

no fat shit pot

no ideas of ever appplying their shitty un talented handstyles to the mediums that they shuld never touch

roastbeef.

• 2 weeks later...

this doesn't mean the end of the aerosol culture, this just means theres gonna be a lot more toys around. everyone was a toy at one point. we just gotta kick em some history, educate em, let em know what time it is, and that this just isn't some trendy thing. the suckers are going to fall off within a minute while the real ones will stay true.

if this movie is really going to come out. you're gonna have a whole lot of toys nationwide, but they'd probably only be down with it just because of the movie and game. there would be mad toys running around totting tags on their backpacks, wearing hiphop t-shirts trying to look the part, instead of being the part on the under, but it's always been this way. there would always be some fake-ass motherfuckers like that. so fuck em.

and people talk about how the aerosol culture is going to go down the drain along with street racing and what not, with movies like "fast and the furious" and "you got served". well everything in the world pretty much gets whorized by hollywood. And after those movies came out b-boys have been educating folks that equate b-boying to some usher r&b type shit, and the racers that were about it before the movie -- started strippin down their cars and sportin sleepers and dissing body kits and what not.

graffiti isn't a fashion show. quit worrying. just keep shit on the under.

• 2 months later...
Ypu guys should all go see that movie "The Graffiti Writer"

that movie is so ill dudde!

It's like Brokeback Mountain....with spraypaint!

Oh man I was over at a homegirls house and me and another writer were there burnin it down. Then my friend was like what this?...THE GRAFFITI WRITER. She was all "yeah my bf rented it and i haven't watched it yet". I was like????hollywood video knows what's up with graff no fuckin way. We watched that CRAP until the main character gets invited into bed by his bombin partner. I couldn't believe it, I was sick to my stomach litterally. I no homophob, but this was too much. ugggh. Definately a must not have.

Graff movies are never gonna be accepable by everyone, too many people have very diffenrent ways of looking at how graffiti should be or what qualifies to be worthy of film press.

Blah blah blah i know

• 6 months later...

This movie is the best actor played graffiti movie (unless you count basquiat as a writer movie)

It has got a cliché story like Bomb the system, but it's pretty nice to watch....you can really relate to some stuff.

And the trains there are fucken dope! They're done by differrent artists over the world...for example Won..

• 1 month later...

you can dl the torrent i have full film but its only in german :( no subs as yet as someone (who can be arsed) has to write them. the film looks dope i watched about 20min in german and it seemed cool. alot of the opinions in here make me laugh but open the question in my mind as to what people thought of wildstyle at the time that was a proper film with some real writers in it. do you think heads at the time were down on it for similer reasons i see on this thread?an interesting thought which hadnt until now crossed my mind as i love that film.