GRAFFITI MOVIE (NOT BOMB THE SYSTEM)

TACOTOTE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by icetray@Feb 22 2006, 08:38 PM

i think marc ecko's own intentions are for the good of the writing culture. but it's truly inevitable that toys are going to start getting up after this game, so what?

don't worry about it. if you're true to the writing culture then you'll last. if not, then oh well.

i guess we know who sports the fresh gear yo

Originally posted by santa-cruz+Feb 26 2006, 12:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (santa-cruz - Feb 26 2006, 12:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-icetray@Feb 22 2006, 08:38 PM

i think marc ecko's own intentions are for the good of the writing culture. but it's truly inevitable that toys are going to start getting up after this game, so what?

don't worry about it. if you're true to the writing culture then you'll last. if not, then oh well.

i guess we know who sports the fresh gear yo

[/b]

yeah, you probably do.

'cus I don't. i'm talkin about the game. NOT the shit on the clothing. . .

Originally posted by MELLOness@Jan 12 2006, 12:49 AM

Toys arnt toys forever.

i too thought that when i heard everyone sayign tons of toys woudl be brought in...but some peopel just do not have artistis talent and to try and write without art in you...i dont think its possible to get good...and theyll be so many theyll fuck with all the rules and shit...like someone mentioned itll be just lkike fast and the furious...and if ecko still wrote hed realise he possibly couldve just ruiend what many lvoe ca\use his wallet can fit a few more millions

fuck fake graff movies like bomb the system and marc ecko's movie, he is SUCH A FUCKIN TOY!!!!!

any self respecting bay area writer must see piece by piece by nic hill and this flick called bay area graffiti and everyone must see the graffiti verite series except for the last one, its kinda slow and dry

most writers need the money though, specially since most of them come from the poor hoods. so I cant hate them for getting some money (if they get any at that?) for what they love to do_also the basis for tagging is visual exposure, the more people see your name the better. but the corporate exploitation is real sickening_and its claws will go into anything that can bring it money.

I stole this game, you can too at

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/538480/Marc_Ecko_s

And I will not be seeing this movie.

I haven't rocked ecko since maybe 8th grade, and I see kids with hoodies n shit with paint rollers on em and I'm like yo, you write? "Huh?" they reply.

Stoopid bullshit. But whatever, every subculture gets sold out for a buck eventually. Cash rules.

Oh so lame.

About the whole money thing thats part of life people do need to make money but if you're going to make money off of graffiti by selling out for this bullshit dont fucking expect not to loose respect. FUCK this game the movie, sprite and all that shit. This is a new century; the history will be writin by those who have participated and kept true. not those who sold out to make a buck.

How mad

Its funny that marc eckos latest products affect yous this deep personally like yo marc ecko just started to advertise graffiti ....Nooo??

People that don't write won't be influenced enough

And fake graff movies the kid from bomb the system was a real writer from philly

Guest pom_one

i just downloaded the game and have been playing it for the last two hours, it is a pile of wank and pretty boring. the main problem i see with it was that my first mission was to go over someone elses piece with a tag then i had to beat the guy up? crazy this is not the impression of graffiti i'd like kids to see :( i cant believe alot of these guys like seen and cope put there names to it?

Originally posted by Real SFC@Feb 23 2006, 04:54 PM

in the loading screens on eckos game there is a SFC throwie, and this game is based round a fictional nyc the only SFC I know was mine and it started in 91....they jacked my crews name also to make a long story short.

if you play past the first five or so storylines then you'll realize that SFC is trane's little 'crew' (STILL FREE). and unless your crew made any sort of noise on the scene, i'd be pretty sure that noone gives a fuck that you were there first.

think about it.

The explotation of this game and any such movie on a big screen version would be a huge impact on the culture of graff. Look at the people that have paved the way for graff. There are people out there now adays that are using graff for money and profits. every where you turn graff is completely immersed in our society. last week alone i went through about 7 magazines all of which had at least ONE graff based ad. Graff is one of the most mistunderstood forms of art present in our society. There will never be a complete understanding of it from the outsiders prospective. To many its business, to some its life, to others its a fucking joke, and to alot of people its a hurtful, vandalistic, expresionistic form of art. i am curious to see what kind of film could be made, i mean look at how many dvd's are out about graff now. But what most people dont know is they already exist. I think the movie will cause a terrible epidemic of graff wanna be's. Take the Fast & Furious for example. where i live so many assholes ran out souped up their cars went racing and got arrested or had their cars impounded, a few of which even killed a few people while attempting to be somebody. Mark my words the same thing will happen if that movie is created. Its going to take it to another level in which alot of people will suffer from...

Originally posted by remorseles@Mar 10 2006, 10:52 PM

The explotation of this game and any such movie on a big screen version would be a huge impact on the culture of graff. Look at the people that have paved the way for graff. There are people out there now adays that are using graff for money and profits. every where you turn graff is completely immersed in our society. last week alone i went through about 7 magazines all of which had at least ONE graff based ad. Graff is one of the most mistunderstood forms of art present in our society. There will never be a complete understanding of it from the outsiders prospective. To many its business, to some its life, to others its a fucking joke, and to alot of people its a hurtful, vandalistic, expresionistic form of art. i am curious to see what kind of film could be made, i mean look at how many dvd's are out about graff now. But what most people dont know is they already exist. I think the movie will cause a terrible epidemic of graff wanna be's. Take the Fast & Furious for example. where i live so many assholes ran out souped up their cars went racing and got arrested or had their cars impounded, a few of which even killed a few people while attempting to be somebody. Mark my words the same thing will happen if that movie is created. Its going to take it to another level in which alot of people will suffer from...

...all the while the true writers will be in the back ground underground doing it right while all the toys go out and get arrested. :haha:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But with all the graff crackdowns the toys might help in showing that we'll do it no matter what dumb rule is in effect. I know most of the people on 12oz are too egotistical to say they are toys but Ill flat out say I know I'm a toy. Doesn't faze me though. We all were. And some of us are but wont say we are. Graff is all about courage. If you dont have enough courage to say that you suck at something then please quit now.

:twitch: :twitch: My caffiene induced rant for the day