The Million Dollar Homepage

Harvey Wallbanger

I can't believe this worked.

Apparently this kid just wanted to make some money to pay for school, and he's already at over a million dollars.

He bought a website with a million pixels of space, and sold them as ad space for a dollar a pixel. Word got out, the media picked it up, and within 4 months, the 21 year old became a millionaire.

Not bad.

The BBC news report

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GucciCondom@Jan 7 2006, 04:20 PM

ok.

i just beat my dick.

then smoked a cigarette.

and finally i was in mid-poop when a fucking grand scheme dawned upon me.

it is dead seriously 500 times better than this retards.

watch me.

yeah i had an idea too, but i think that mine is 500 times more retarded than this retard's.

Originally posted by wiseguy+Jan 7 2006, 01:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wiseguy - Jan 7 2006, 01:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GucciCondom@Jan 7 2006, 04:20 PM

ok.

i just beat my dick.

then smoked a cigarette.

watch me.

yeah i had an idea too, but i think that mine is 500 times more retarded than this retard's.

[/b]

word.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KING BLING

$1 million Web site targeted by hackers

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/01/1...k.ap/index.html

LONDON, England (AP) -- A Web site that earned an enterprising British student $1 million suffered a crippling attack by ransom-seeking hackers.

Alex Tew, 21, said Wednesday that his Million Dollar Homepage was targeted after he publicized how it had helped him raise money for his university studies.

Tew had sold 10,000 small squares of advertising space on the Web site for $100 each, achieving his target in four months. (Full story)

His initiative spawned several copycat sites.

But Tew said that on January 7, he received a threat from an organization calling itself "The Dark Group," demanding that he pay them $50,000 within 72 hours or face having his site taken down.

"It was written in poor English, but the hackers asked for $50,000, saying that it was just 5 percent of what I had made," Tew said. "I did not reply to the e-mail. I had no intention of paying."

Tew ignored the threat. Hackers then initiated a so-called distributed denial of service, in which attackers take command of third-party computers, through a virus or other security vulnerability, and instruct them to send junk data to the target site, overwhelming servers and causing the site to crash or perform poorly.

Tew said the site now works normally. (Visit his Web site)

Tew, from Wiltshire, a county in southern England, said he informed the FBI because his site is hosted in the United States.

FBI spokesman Paul Bresson said the agency was investigating.

Such extortion cases targeting Web sites are occurring with greater frequency.

Originally posted by sillysiphilis+Jan 7 2006, 06:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sillysiphilis - Jan 7 2006, 06:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by wiseguy@Jan 7 2006, 01:24 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-GucciCondom@Jan 7 2006, 04:20 PM

ok.

i just beat my dick.

then smoked a cigarette.

watch me.

word.

[/b]

i have a great idea for making money too....

interdynamic_kg-9_1.jpg

keep an eye on the evening news....