wal-mart

richard_vagina

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Sparoism

Okay...yeah, they hate them nigras, all right.

What did you expect from a company based in Arkansas? Cultural sensitivity?

They do have cheap paint. Maybe that´s a concession....

Originally posted by Sparoism@Jan 5 2006, 05:46 PM

Okay...yeah, they hate them nigras, all right.

What did you expect from a company based in Arkansas? Cultural sensitivity?

They do have cheap paint. Maybe that´s a concession....

possibly.....or it's a conspiracy to cash in on that insurance policy they've got on bill cosby!!!!!

Guest Sparoism

Did you Tubgirl us, casek? I know you better than to click on that...and if YOU say it´s bad, then I REALLY don´t want to know what ¨it¨ is.

Bill Cosby is alreday dead. Oprah killed him and made him into sandwiches, and then Al Sharpton joined her for lunch and they ate them while planning how they´re gonna make chili out of Dave Chappelle.

50 Cent was there, but that´s completely unrelated to my story.

Guest KING BLING

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/06/news/compa...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Wal-Mart 'heartsick' over DVD grouping

No. 1 retailer apologizes for bizarre racial combinations on Web site, spoofs poor sales in song.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Wal-Mart is ringing in the new year with a pair of snafus.

The retail giant apologized Thursday after its Web site directed buyers of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Planet of the Apes" DVDs to consider DVDs with African American themes.

Wal-Mart said in a statement it was "heartsick" over the offensive combinations and that its retail Web site was linking "seemingly random combinations of titles."

The company said it would shut down its cross-selling system until the problem was resolved. It said the system was also referring buyers of movies such as "Home Alone" and "Power Puff Girls" to African American-themed DVDs.

Wal-Mart's apology came less than a week after the company played a spoof song about its disappointing holiday season on a recorded company phone message.

The company played a remake of the Christmas classic "Up on the Housetop" during its weekly recorded sales update Saturday, Reuters reported. By Thursday, the song was no longer on Wal-Mart's recording.

The song, which joked about the retailer's holiday sales performance and included a reference to the infamous limited laptop computers it sold and which caused customer brawls, risked angering investors, public relations experts told Reuters.

"People get kind of emotional about their money," Christopher Atkins, head of the global corporate practice at public relations firm Ogilvy, told Reuters.

He said there are times when humor is an effective tool for companies, but when things are not going well, it can appear as if managers are trivializing major problems.

Originally posted by Some1@Jan 6 2006, 03:25 PM

could it be that MLK was tryin to over come racism as the friendly apes in planet of the apes were trying to help the humans escape the rath of speciesism

absolutely not. it was obviously referencing the imperialist views that

bill cosby and his crew of miscreant ass heads are inflicting upon the united states through pudding sales. gah!

Originally posted by nozaki@Jan 6 2006, 03:29 PM

i just got caught racking at wal-mart yesterday. i'm banned from sam's club and wal-mart for 3 years, and i'm getting a $150 citation in the mail. they decided not to press charges because i was so cooperative.

i guess thats pretty cool of them... I'm actually surprised to hear they would do that.

Originally posted by nozaki@Jan 6 2006, 03:29 PM

i just got caught racking at wal-mart yesterday. i'm banned from sam's club and wal-mart for 3 years, and i'm getting a $150 citation in the mail. they decided not to press charges because i was so cooperative.

edit spelling

damn i got caught there a while back... i got banned for life though, and had to pay $200 and yeah the cooperative thing worked for me as well.

yeah, it pays to be cooperative. also, i told a sob story that related with the merchandise that i was stealing. the guy actually told me he fealt bad for even banning me and citing me, but that he had to or he'd lose his job.

"So what I'm gathering here is, as long as I get away with more than $200 worth of stuff before I get caught, it's probably worth racking from Wal-mart. "

yes, unless you get caught and they press charges...which from what everybody's told me basiacally always happens if the merchandise stolen is over $10 dollars. mine was $50, but i'm extremely intelligent in situations like that.