Has anybody ever

sarcasm

So, this all starting a little bit ago... i got sick and came down with a terrible cough.

the cough stayed w/ me for a while, and progressively got worse. well anyway, as

the days passed, i kept coughing, and on my bday, i was still coughing really bad.

then all of a sudden, my ribs on the right side started to hurt like crazy. like a deep

bruising or some shit. like some one took a bat and swung it at my ribs. anyway, from

then on, every time i coughed, sneezed, yawned, took a deep breath or anything, my ribs

would fucking hurt like crazy. i concluded w/ the help of my friends and my mom (a nurse)

that i either bruised really bad or cracked a/some ribs. this isn't the first time i've heard

of this happening from a cough. people cough so hard, and frequent, that it can crack a rib.

and i think that's what happend to me.

now, it's been a week or two since the above story. my ribs have not fully recovered, and

still feel pretty bad. well even though my ribs weren't fully recovered, they felt much better

than before. anway, this morning i sneezed, and i felt/heard a crack come from the same

area where my ribs hurt from before. now, i think i just re-cracked my ribs. now, the pain

is even worse than before. b/c before i could just sit and mind my own business, and it would

not bother me... until i provoked it (ie cough)... but now, it just hurts...so bad actually,

when i sneeze, i almost fall on my knees. i can't talk for like 30 seconds, etc...it's bad

now, i know some ass is gonna say man up and stop bitching... so yeah i hear you, but go

crack a rib, and see how it feels. i'm just wondering if anybody has gone through this,

and could give me some pointers. i've already looked up any info on the net, and talked to

my mom (nurse), and there isn't much i can do but just wait it out until it heals by itself...

ugh..

anyway, now i'm sitting here wearing a back brace pulled up high around my chest to help

support my ribs. and mind u, it looks like i'm wearing a tube top...dont' exactly have the

chest for it though...keeps slipping down....

anyway, discuss if anything remotely related has happend to you. thanks you, and happy

new year

-sars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

umm, did you ever think of going to a doctor?

thats what I would do...and if you had a bad cough, you should've taken robitussin dm...that helps wicked bad coughs...

but I will say, I've had a bad cough for the last month, and it hasn't hurt my ribs, but all my innards hurt, like my liver and my chest/heart hurts...

of course i've thought about going to the doctor, but the only thing the doctor would do would take an x-ray, and tell me to take some advil to kill the pain, and wait for my ribs to heal....b/c there really isn't anything a person can do

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

got stomped by skinheads a long ass time ago..

shit hurts alot.. i would say go get an x-ray just to make sure.. and dont be like my dumbass and not go..ribs tend to heal funny .

its been 9 years and i still get sharp pains when i slleep/lay on my side for too long.

It really sounds like a muscle.

It would take way more than coughing to crack your ribs.

Sometimes my ribs sound like they crack (between rib and sternum), but its like when i crack my knuckles.

Unless you've had rib injuries before, I'd think it was a muscle. go to the doc and get it checked out so at least you know.

yeah yo, you should just go to a doctor to see what the deal actually is instead of guessing....

i fucked my ribs up skateboarding and never got it checked out by a doctor, but that shit hurt for mad long and i had trouble breathing...my dad told me to stop bitching and that there wasn't anything i could do, but i would rather know what the deal was than not.....i stopped bitching and eventually it stopped hurting, pain is a mental thing

Seriously you should go to a doctor.

You mentioned that it started out as a bad cough, could be an infection that is in your lungs and pushing pressure on your ribs.

Maybe a lobar pneumonia or another common pneumonia. If you just ignore it and it is serious it could result in severe lung tissue damage maybe even loss of a lung.

Seriously you should go to a doctor.

Or go to this link and diagnose yourself...

http://familydoctor.org/x2587.xml

one time me and my friends were all beating the shit outta eachother, then one of them wanted to go home so we started calling him a pussy and that hes too scared to fight and shit, later on he went to the hospital and we found out that we cracked his rib......we felt bad for him after hah

from what everybody is saying, and from that online assessment quiz, going to the doctor is the availing prognosis. anywho, if the pain keeps being for tonight until tomorrow(ish), i'll go to the doctor and see what's up. thanks for all the replies. and high priest, you may want to use this:

buttuxpad.gif

once again, thanks ch. 0

I broke a few ribs before, it doesn't hurt so much as long as you don't take deep breaths. One time i broke it so bad that every time i took a deep breath my rib would crack and move. If your ribs are cracked from coughing, just take some cough medicine and be easy on the coughing, the rib will heal by itself. Get some of that promethazine stuff. :krunk: :king:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA,

shit is mad funny to me for some reason.

dudes like, i sneezed and cracked a rib, it sorta healed, i yawned and it broke again...

man fool, youre ass needs to get your weight up or something, drink milk or something!

hahahaa

i cracked SEVEN ribs and a COLLARBONE

at the same time.

it was an incredible, mind fucking pain

just to breathe

i don't wanna get into what sneezing felt like.

i do sympathize

but with those bones, all they did was lay me on a board and make sure i hadn't hurt my spine.

if you only cracked one or two there is no treatment

you'll start to feel normal again in 3-6 months

don't strain yourself

but i was painting fr8 yards again less than 4 weeks after that shit happened