new at it, need input

DeNy0ne87

what up everyone, I'm new to taggin, just started learnin a lil over two weeks ago, I already have an artistic background so I think I picked it up fast, but I was lookin for some input by some vets....I aint no punk ass kid either like some of the dudes on here so be 4 real. as for now I'm just sketching, haven't attempted the paint yet, but thats next, the file is attached so check it out

deny3.jpg.7e86934d620407858b015f7ab4e5d790.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by [mania?

,Dec 27 2005, 09:00 PM]

advice: take it to the toy thread... starting "all about me" threads is not usually a good way to start out

yea, I already got that, my bad.....if you can read the dude who first replied said the same shit, now.....instead of bein sum stuck up internet asshole and saying that a certain "thread isn't a good way to start (wtf is that shit anyways) let me get some input on my art, boss

Chill with the fuken attitude Killer...Homeboy was just tryin to tell you that in this forum, one picture threads arent allowed..No need to get your guns out..If you come here looking for input, be prepared to take any comment given to you..

Peace..

I suggest you post in the Toy Thread..This shit aint going to last open for too long if you dont post more shit..

Originally posted by DeNy0ne87@Dec 27 2005, 05:14 PM

what up everyone, I'm new to taggin, just started learnin a lil over two weeks ago, I already have an artistic background so I think I picked it up fast, but I was lookin for some input by some vets....

First get your teminology straight.

It's not called taggin it'a called writing. Hence "The Writer's Forum".

And what you are attempting to draw is called a 'piece', short for masterpiece.

OKAY, lets handle this the right way.

PUT YOUR SELF PROMOTIN' TOY ASS IN THE RIGHT THREAD!!!

HERE YOU WILL ONLY GET ATTITUDE.

MY OPINION IS THAT YOU GOT STYLE AND POTENTIAL, BUT ASKING PEOPLE ON HERE FOR THEIR INPUT IS NOTHING BUT PURE SUICIDE.

AT ALL COSTS PROTECT YOUR PRIDE AND DONT LET FUCKERS LIKE ME PULL YOU DOWN. :D :innocent: :innocent: :smiles: :smiles: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

post-51450-1135732422.jpg

What does the piece say? It looks like D??NH. Because of the weak letter form, you should try and do simples. Just simple letters without the extensions and extra action coming out of each letter. It looks like you have a pretty basic understanding with 3D. And another positive point that I should make is that the sketch looks clean. I really really hate looking at sketchy pieces done in pencil. Sort of drives me nuts unless it was done properly. Also, in your next couple of sketches you mgiht want to try to make your 3D all in the same direction and all from a 1 or 2 point perspective.

Post more stuff.

-J.

Originally posted by skirmfirm@Jan 1 2006, 07:24 AM

post5145011357324220hp.jpg

look at the 3d on the d it goes the complete opposite way to the rest of it.

I think when you start out you should stick with gettin simple or block letters down then progress, you try painting that it would prbably look such a mess.

I was actually tryna do differant perspectives and shit cuz I was lookin at Daim's work, I dont quite got that down yet

first off stop starting new threads saying "new to this, need help" or "please help" its a fuckin gift this thread isnt closed by now. And second of all, your talking about doing daim shit? come on man you need to start with straight letters becuase your painted stuff needs lots of work. So go out and paint this sketch and post it and see how it looks.

Originally posted by THE STIX@Jan 1 2006, 02:19 PM

ya architect i forgot to be a painter u have to talk a certain way lol... i will admit sayin taggin and wat not is kinda funny.. but thats like sayin all skaters say dude and gnarly and ricter or some shyt... your vocabulary has nothing to do with being a "WRITER"

Your analogy falls flat. I didn't tell him he had to say fresh or dope or some "shyt".

Just as in skating there are tems for certain actions. If someone does an ollie but calls

it a grind is that not incorrect? I don't skate, so I wouldn't know, but I would think it is.

Originally posted by la creme de la seme@Jan 1 2006, 04:27 PM

first off stop starting new threads saying "new to this, need help" or "please help" its a fuckin gift this thread isnt closed by now. And second of all, your talking about doing daim shit? come on man you need to start with straight letters becuase your painted stuff needs lots of work. So go out and paint this sketch and post it and see how it looks.

yo man, you got a serious fuckin attitude problem dude...I didn't know there was a "wrong" fuckin "thread" to post on a message board, I guess I don't spend as much time on the fuckin internet as you do to know that ya lil bitch. and yea, I was lookin at daim's shit, I never said I was tryna copy daim....stupid asshole....I was just lookin for some inspiration. so why don't you stop bein the fuckin internet tough guy that you think you are and give a positive response.....oh, and it's a gift this thread ain't fuckin closed by now??? seem's to me that this is a pretty popular thread..it keeps gettin responses....go run ya game to someone else, pretend-a-thug

First of all, your ish looks alright for a beginner... but I can't read that ish, seriously. Try doing simples and dial again later.

I'm not going to be an ass or anything, but you're the e-thug, mister I'm-gonna-yell-at-other-people-for-my-own-mistakes.

This page needs more Martha Stewart mmmhmmmmmmm

stewartleaves03040501a260.jpg

hahaha, nah bro, I'm not the internet thug...I just get pissed when people get all offensive because of certain little shit on a message board, and get the attitude that they're better than you....like alot of these assholes have, thanx for the props too bro, appreciate it

an ollie is only an ollie if.. and only if it is an ollie.. theres no other word for ollie.. if u live in ny its an ollie.. go overseas its an ollie. some terms change down south coke is coke.. its always coke they dont call it pepsi coca cola or w.e if u ask for a coke and in ur head ur thinkin dr pepper u might get a coca cola.. iv ran into poeple up north who call it pop. and soda and shyt dif places dif terms and sayings.. like i said it think its kinda funny to but.. who are we to say who should say wat and how they should say it.. he should worry more about actually writin or... bombin or paintin, or taggin or w/e u wanna call it then knowing all the hip new graffiti lingo :yuck: lol