Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Dazzle

The Mars Volta

marsvolta_scabdates188x175.jpg

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I stumbled upon The Mars Volta's new live album last night by complete accident. It's rather impressive how their live shows consist of lots and lots of impromptu jamming. Really makes it more than just a standard live album.

Kind of makes me regret not going to see them when they played here with System of a Down. But then I remember that tickets were $60. And they were playing with System of a Down.

Anyway you can check the whole album out on streaming media here.

Guest im not witty

mars volta is amazing. both albums rule. im all over this link. thanks.

Originally posted by dumy@Dec 24 2005, 12:23 PM

man, at the drive in was an awesome band...

You ever seen the dvd? Rediculous. A lot of their early shows in el paso. I would have loved to have

seen them live. A friend and I have had many discussions about the transition from ATDI and The Volta.

I sorta feel like eventually had ATDI stayed together they would have started doing the same stuff as the

Volta, but by just ending the band and starting anew with the different concept they just skipped right to

this point in time without all the bullshit fame in between...

Originally posted by shape1369+Dec 24 2005, 11:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shape1369 - Dec 24 2005, 11:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Dec 24 2005, 12:23 PM

man, at the drive in was an awesome band...

You ever seen the dvd? Rediculous. A lot of their early shows in el paso. I would have loved to have

seen them live. A friend and I have had many discussions about the transition from ATDI and The Volta.

I sorta feel like eventually had ATDI stayed together they would have started doing the same stuff as the

Volta, but by just ending the band and starting anew with the different concept they just skipped right to

this point in time without all the bullshit fame in between...

[/b]

they ended atdi because of musical differences that they just couldnt deal with anymore. thats why some formed sparta and some went to volta.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yet another band that I feel are great fucking musicians who make amazing music, but for the most part I can't fucking stand listening to them.

Originally posted by PINK DOT@Dec 24 2005, 12:46 PM

yea that album has a few new tracks on it too..

I could be way off, but I think the "new tracks" are all improv...

Dazzle- I'm not sure, I'll ask my boy and get back with you

Boxcars- I know they broke up for musical differences, but shit nearly all the members of ATDI are in Volta.

Albeit the drummer does the effects now right? and they picked up like two new people while dropping like

one?

Thats why I feel that the Volta is the next progression of what ATDI was doing. You can here so much of the

weird noise breaks that Volta has in a lot of the funky later songs that ATDI started doing. Either way, they

both rock, and Sparta blows... end of story...

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton@Dec 24 2005, 04:40 PM

^

sparta doesn't blow

if you asked me, I'd say sparta sound a lot closer to

the 'traditional' atdi sound (like one armed scissor)

than TMV do

sparta went the sort of emo route though.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this