BMX

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Ape Shit+Dec 22 2005, 09:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ape Shit - Dec 22 2005, 09:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>STANDARD STA 500

[/b]

NICE

<!--QuoteBegin-cloner@Dec 23 2005, 01:17 AM

there used to be a thread!

bike005.jpg

...aaaaannnnddd.... NICE!!!

I have a Standard TRLS250 w/ 21" top tube... I love it and will never need another bmx, ever.

Geometry is perfect, and I've got it set up for dirt jumps, yeah, that's right, I use brakes.

Where's Tyler Durden, I know he's into all this bmx jazz.

I have clobbered skate boarders before for making stupid choices....

One time I sent this kid to the hospital because he skated out in front of me

when I was hauling ass, and bam, at the last second he begins to drop to the

ground, and meets my stem with his eyebrow... POW!!! blood everywhere.

I guess that's why they have bike only sessions on certain nights here....

also, most of the people pushing plywood or skating high heels on wheels know to watch out anyway...

One of the bmx bikes weighs like 40 lbs easy.... that, and I'd imagine the average

weight of a bmx'r is more than a skater, for the simple fact that a bmxer is going to

be muscular all over their body, upper body strength... and that adds to the momentum

of a barreling bmx bike.... anyhow, just some thoughts.

I can understand skaters getting mad about bmx bikes fucking up the ledges on cement parks, but on plywood and metal coping, the fuck outta here.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Dec 23 2005, 03:22 PM

also, most of the people pushing plywood or skating high heels on wheels know to watch out anyway...

One of the bmx bikes weighs like 40 lbs easy.... that, and I'd imagine the average

weight of a bmx'r is more than a skater, for the simple fact that a bmxer is going to

be muscular all over their body, upper body strength... and that adds to the momentum

I can understand skaters getting mad about bmx bikes fucking up the ledges on cement parks, but on plywood and metal coping, the fuck outta here.

Yeah we used to chase you fuckers out of Love park. I've deffinately tossed kids off their bikes and smacked them with my board for not listening too. I respect what yall do, takes alot of balls. but everything you guys touch you break. Ledges, rails, coping all dented the fuck up. Why don't you guys build your own shit and find your own spots?

Hahaha... I don't really care much about street riding. I like dirt jumps.

Good try on the internet beef. Skateboarders also inherintly have bad attitudes.

...just to top your bad assness, I had a friend that some skater punks thought

they were gonna just smack with a skateboard, well he broke ol dude's board

and two of their faces too, I guess that's what happens when you fuck with

someone alot bigger and badder than you. I'm sure the kids you fucked up

probably deserved it, but I don't be rollin with no pussies and protec helmets.

Originally posted by SF1@Dec 23 2005, 11:47 AM

Why don't you guys build your own shit and find your own spots?

....You knowwwwwwwww, ironically, skateboarders and bmx'ers are drawn to the same spots.

Very rarely does anyone from either "side" pull some Columbus-esque shit and "discover" a spot thats completely untouched.

Who would've thought?

And:

T-1 Barcode: The whole bike is flat black.

FBM Ange Of Death: Grey/Black.

I bought the Barcode for 200 complete off a friend who had it built for around a grand and quit riding shortly after, it spent most of it's life in his garage.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil+Dec 23 2005, 05:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shark Hammil - Dec 23 2005, 05:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Dec 23 2005, 11:47 AM

....You knowwwwwwwww, ironically, skateboarders and bmx'ers are drawn to the same spots.

Very rarely does anyone from either "side" pull some Columbus-esque shit and "discover" a spot thats completely untouched.

[/b]

Actually 9.99999 times out of ten that spot has been a skate spot for years, sometimes decades. Yall didn't start showing up at skate spots till the late 90's.

Then all of a sudden the ledges and rails that have been skated for years, sometimes decades, are completely trashed in a matter of weeks or months from you guys imitating what we started.

(on a side note, I love how you guys do Lossi grinds and call them Smith grinds. :haha: Smith grinds were invented by Mike Smith and are phisically impossible to do on a bike. If you're gonna bite the name at least apply it to the same grind. :haha:)

BMX is not imitating skateboarding.

I think the funniest part of the whole BMX vs. skateboarding thing, is that growing up most of my friends skated. It was so far from being the "cool" thing to do at that point that we all banded together. Never, until recently, have I heard complaints from skaters about sharing spots.... and most of the time the only people who I've seen complain are cocky younger kids.

But you know what? It's fine, on those rare occasions, I tend to come back later in the evening when everyones gone and go extra hard on ledges. Then show up the next day when all the skaters are sobbing uncontrollably because theres some chips missing out of the ledge and say things along the lines of "aww shit man, someone fucked up your ledge....that realllllllllly sucks.".

Disrespect begets disrespect.

*Note: BMX'ers were riding street spots well before the late 90's. WELL before.

Originally posted by SF1+Dec 23 2005, 11:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Dec 23 2005, 11:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Dec 23 2005, 05:31 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Dec 23 2005, 11:47 AM

Actually 9.99999 times out of ten that spot has been a skate spot for years, sometimes decades. Yall didn't start showing up at skate spots till the late 90's.

Then all of a sudden the ledges and rails that have been skated for years, sometimes decades, are completely trashed in a matter of weeks or months from you guys imitating what we started.

(on a side note, I love how you guys do Lossi grinds and call them Smith grinds. :haha: Smith grinds were invented by Mike Smith and are phisically impossible to do on a bike. If you're gonna bite the name at least apply it to the same grind. :haha:)

[/b]

I can see this thread going stupid real quick. Damn skaters are fuckin bad ass.

edit: and to straighten it out, I never started riding bmx to immitate anything any limp wristed skater has done.

i got a standard sta (i think) frame built up with decent parts, black profile cranks, BB hop up kit, im lookin to get 400 or 500 for the whole thing.

and i got an old diamondback with white 5 stars, blue frame and bars, all color matched and shit, pretty fresh looking, if youre interested im selling that too. holler

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Dec 23 2005, 03:22 PM

much respect to bmxers. they jus thave a different flow in a skatepark than skaters do, so they clash a lot.

no love for froot boots.

bmx gets respect.

but theres still too many at the park.

Guest Sparoism

I skated for fifteen years, and got back into bikes when I started gaining weight. At that point, I noticed that the ollies I did when I weighed 140 pounds were nowhere near as easy to pull once I hit 180 or so. If I did manage to get off the ground, I had to deal with the extra weight once I landed, and slams were no longer of the "get up and shake it off" variety, but "OWWWWWWW, MEDIC! MEDIC!" After I sprained both of my ankles in the same week, I realized it was time to find a less injurious way to have fun.

BMX and skatebording are different sides of the same coin...but blading is the equivalent of a pocket full of three dollar bills. A lot of bikers I rode with at parks knew what they were doing, so I'd just ask them what they were gonna do and stay out of their line....but no matter what I tried I could not predict whether some inline kook was about to set up for a Village People jump or homogrind or just sit around and look pretty drinking Mountain Dew....it was just easier to crash into them and deal with them once they stopped crying.

Most parks nowadays require plastic pegs for BMX riders if they grind...but, they still have yet to pass a "four wheels or less" rule. Oh, well...body checks still work.

Guest Dyptheria

my two main BMXs were a GT performer, and one i built myself from a Hutch frame i stole, and brand new parts i got from the bike shop.

Always had front and back pegs, always had a Gyro on the neck

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Dec 23 2005, 12:42 PM

Hey, my dread locked bro just bought some frame that's supposedly "spanish"...

The bb and headset bearings press directly into the frame with no cups... very wierd,

and the bb is small like a euro bb... and the frame only weighs about 5 something lbs...

and it does look very sturdy as well.

yo, his name doesnt start with a d, does it?

all i ride is trails anymore and rode em for a long time brakeless and finally threw some brakes on my bike...but they suck..so one of your bike gurus tell me how to make my brakes tiiiiight!

oh ps. bike/skateboarder beef is fuckin stupid...but when it comes down to it i will destroy all of you.

oh and one more ps. if your not a fat 15 year old trying to learn sprocket chunks or something you shouldnt really be fucking spots up

oh goddammit, one more here..you skateboarders dont know shit about having a spots ruined..you dont see rails getting plowed like trails do!

Originally posted by PUMPKIN ESCOBAR@Dec 24 2005, 02:25 AM

^ For real....skaters and bikers should just pool all that hate into fruit booter bashing.

haha, theres nothing funner than laughing at a roller blader.

except yesterday when i was driving through the snow, and this little kid was riding a razor scooter down this giant hill and wiped right when i passed him.

oh, and then i saw a guy jogging and he fell down trying to jog backwards.

hahaha.

Cloner... find some graphite brake cable lube... or get a new cable, make sure it's not tooooo short or else it'll be harder to pull depending on if you're handlebars a turned a bit too far.

Also, another good thing, if you don't mind doing it, take some fine grit sand paper to your rims where the brake pads touch and sand a layer of shiney metal off so the brakes grab better.

Also, that cleaner called Simple Green is very nice for cleaning your wheels and making them just the slightest bit "sticky", it'll make your brakes work very very well.

Hope that helps.