Why does train painting not flourish In the U.S

Steady Shine

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by symbols+Dec 21 2005, 04:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (symbols - Dec 21 2005, 04:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

if those pictures got out and a case was built against those guys, it would probably mean hundreds of thousands in fines, a raided house, confiscated stuff plus jail time in a u.s. prison.

[/b]

What I don't get is how the photos being seen on the web equal people getting arrested? At what stage do the police get the info they need to arrest people? From the talks I've had with people it seems ratting is much more common in the states than it is in England.

<!--QuoteBegin-symbols

the penalties and jails in the united states make europe's penalty phase lok like a stroll in the park with your girlfriend.

but only 1 post above you it is saying about someone getting 3 1/2 years for tagging trains.

anyway symbols didn't mean to just pick your posts out ,

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Americas different, get over it, for the most part no one thinks about, there really arent that many transit systems, most citys have buses, i have never seen any sort of transit runnign with a panel in person in my life. not all americans are stupid, most in the citys are fairly decent, its when you start to get to what we call middle america, which is brain washed white people isolated in a world that is completely controlled by religion and republicans, also americas hella big, like if each state, or 2 or 3, were a seperate, im sure they would make better choice, in europe the countrys are smaller, and its not as big of a mix up, i think most people realize europe has different countrys with different styles, but america is one country with different styles for every city, philly, la, seattle, san francisco, etc so to say america style is just as ignorant. fuck the bullshit. europe is still copying something disticntly american, the only place in the world that i know of, that have freestanding graffiti cultures, is philadelphia, los angeles, and sao paulo brazil. new york is og gangster gangster made that shit what it is but it came there from philly as i understand it. So the philly gangster hands, los angeles cholo, and that crazy death metal shit in brazil. those are all scenes that came about seperate from peopel seeing pictures of ny graffiti in the 80s. how many european citys had a graffiti culture like modern graff before subway art....or beat street......or wild style........

yes the twin cities (minneapolis and surrounding areas) have a lightrail system--and people have hit it up (ran once, buffed, never went back up)

The problem is, you cant do any fast action shit--nor can you easily access the lines.

Theres rumors where the lightrail yard even is--some say its down by the old central station for the state (closed i believe)--others say its in the burbs--others say its in minneapolis--The ones whove seen where it is dont tell--but all that's been said is that its pretty fucking hard even getting in to see the trains themselves.

You cant action hit the bitches since they go so fast (if you tried hanging on, your ass would fall off for sure, those bitches dont stop for anything)--plus the stations are so hyped for safety that getting your cans on or a marker would be seen (and your ass would get arrested)

Us MN writers stick to walls and freights--but It HAS been hit all the same

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by johnny@Feb 6 2006, 12:43 AM

a tenth of the commuter trains in my state are carrying buffmarks. i'd wager that ratio is much higher on the subway here as well.

hearing statement slike that is very reassuring,

Originally posted by b0b+Jan 26 2006, 07:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (b0b - Jan 26 2006, 07:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by symbols@Dec 21 2005, 04:02 PM

if those pictures got out and a case was built against those guys, it would probably mean hundreds of thousands in fines, a raided house, confiscated stuff plus jail time in a u.s. prison.

What I don't get is how the photos being seen on the web equal people getting arrested? At what stage do the police get the info they need to arrest people? From the talks I've had with people it seems ratting is much more common in the states than it is in England.

<!--QuoteBegin-symbols

the penalties and jails in the united states make europe's penalty phase lok like a stroll in the park with your girlfriend.

but only 1 post above you it is saying about someone getting 3 1/2 years for tagging trains.

anyway symbols didn't mean to just pick your posts out ,

[/b]

it's cool bob.

i guess i missed th epost about 3.5 years.

i think america's prisons might be a little worse than europe

but i'll admit i might have no idea what i'm talking about

i know that when you get locked up here for long term

you're in with violent offenders

photos on the web have been used as evidence against some people i know

maybe it's not something that always leads to arrest

but recently anothe rguy i know was busted cuz of shit on the internet, which allowed police to obtain a warrant and search his home.

not sure about ratting.

• 2 weeks later...

i think in the end, why doesn't clean train painting flourish in us? well, because its not worth it, and NOTHING runs, NOTHING. There are layups in many cities, and yes you can hit the trains, but, AND HERE'S SOMETHING IMPORTANT: if they don't run, well what is they point, its great for a flick, but its kinda like masturbating, you're not getting up, I feel like there is a very important thing which is being glided over by everyone from across the pond talking about how they really slave to do their trains, their shit runs, and really, there isnt any reason people started hitting trains in the first place, besides that THEY RAN, TO GET UP, TO BOMB, sure eventually people did some fancy pieces, but BOMBING, GETTING UP, that is the real reason the shit was hit, or why would you do this shit in the first place? Sure its fun to spray paint on a train, and its fun to go on a misson all james bond and shit, but that's all periferal (sp?) to the main thing which is to get up, and no there are no backjumps in NYC, and no the shit will not pick up passengers, it won't even open its doors, and yes they will find you because street bombing in the states aint like ANYWHERE IN EUROPE, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET PICKED UP, its not a question of how, its a question of when, any up writer in the states in a major city is known by the local vandal squad.

Its just not worth it to do trains out here, we don't need to live the nostalgia bad enough, you know why, cause we're over it, sure its fun, but you can do years and years of street shit in NYC and fly under the radar, you do a clean train and you're doing time, its that simple, plus, most writers out here don't give a shit about hip hop. You can do trains here, but its just not worth it.

and obviously europe is full of different styles, and I must admit I think England gets it the most, as well as spain in terms of just having fun type of shit, (all the shit I saw in BCN, it looked like they were having a blast) because really what is this shit about, its about having fun, not living up to some idea of what a "real writer" should be, but for the most part, the stuff I see coming out of most places in Europe, FUCKING SUCKS. Its illegible, its some fancy faggy art graffiti, and the letters ARE ALL SOGGY. I'm sorry its true, I do see a lot of beautiful "aerosol art" coming out of all parts of europe, but besides a small portion of stuff from the UK, ESP, and Amsterdam, you all look like you're TRYING TOO HARD. And please don't come back with some thing about you don't understand, its just different, blah, blah blah, because that's just my opinon, I'm only trying to explain what the other meant by "euro style" . What I usually think of as euro style, usually looks like they started piecing before they got a good tag, because their tag is WAAY too wacked out to get up with quickly, or they look like they are biting NYC style from the "golden years" all those b-boy characters and shit, gimme a fucking break, don't get me wrong, I'm not from NYC, so this isnt some old schooler trying to get down on y'all, I think you guys have a much more vibrant scene than we do, but that's becuase everybody loves that shit over there, its like visiting one big hippie commune, imagine trying to get up over here, where a lot of people actually think like Bush does. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of ILL writers all over Europe, A LOT, but there are a lot more wanna be, aerosol art, never learned to do a throwie, soggy mother fuckers than there are dope writers. If y'all want to know the secret to why americans think/know their shit is better, its because we know this, ITS NOT ART STUPID, you wanna be an artist, go be an artist, you wanna be a writer, then you have to write, ITS ABOUT THE NAME STUPID, all that piecing, throwies, fat caps, trains etc. is just to hype the name.

and please please please don't try to talk shit about this post, if you're hurt about it, just remember, its all in your head, this is an opinion, nothing more nothing less, and most importantly , I won't be here to check up on it, because I have better shit to do. Like trying to be an artist.

Originally posted by Steady Shine@Dec 21 2005, 05:06 AM

Why don't U.S writers paint trains? This has got me stumped.

I have seen all the world VS u.s arguements on this board and hopefully this will not turn into one. I am very interested in why there is a small or non existant train scene in the U.S

First off why this confuses me.

I come from a city with a population of under 2 million that has a large urban sprawl. The train system is by comparison to anywhere else extremely small. Five lines, all under an hour to travel from one end to the other.

What stops us painting trains?

-Electric fences

-Sensor fences

-Sebsored yards

-Guard dogs

-Alot of guards

-razor wire trenches

-Fucking MOATS (yes 6m moats full of water like the fucking dark ages)

Does shit still get crushed?

Fuck yes. We even manage to get our shit running in traffic depending on layup and backjump times.

Why then in a city as incredibley populated as NYC do trains never get done?

Every train system in the world needs layups for dealing with track clashes. A system that carries 7 million or something a day surely has to have A FUCKING LOT of trains which in turn equals MULTIPLE LARGE yards to store them.

What other cities in the U.S have train systems? <-- I would really like to know this

I thought maybe it was just an evolution within the country a move away from trains and onto street bombing. But then I see how much the freight trains catch love so that theory went out the window.

If you love street bombing and throwups (I do too) but you love painting freight trains (me too) then how is real steel panels on a clean commuter not held in the 1st place regard ?

The only defense I have ever heard is that they are 'too hard' to be done in NYC.

Again I am not trying to start any kind of fight but to state FACTS the tourists that visit NYC absolutely KILL trains.

This thread has been sparked by the mass transit strike that has hit NYC. It makes me want to keel over and die thinking of not being there for that situation. Please tell me someone is taking advantage of it.

So to round off this chapter of undrafted semi drunk dribbling train passion can some U.S writers shed some light on ....

How much steel actually does get painted?

OR

Why steel dosnt get painted?

OR

Again, what other cities have transit systems?

OR

any other similar shit you think I might want to know

Peace in advance to the cats that might drop some knowledge and eat a dick to the generic 12oz toys that will come in to throw some hate in any and every thread they find

I read this post and i thought to myself that you must be the toy that you speak of because if you werent a toy yhen you would know and have enough knowledge to not even need to ask about trains. And one more thing where are you living anyways to say that trains arent getting painted. Where i am from you see every other train being hit. So i think you need to get back in the toy box and really think before you post...

• 11 months later...

trains don't get painted cause we want to live to see another day and keep chasing skirts....that's wayyy too much effort.plus there are less graffiti writers in the us per capita than in any country in europe.here for example for every 10 writers in europe there is only 1/2.

this topic is sooooooooo fucking tired.

US trains get painted. the europeans who matter, know this.

the people who don't know shit, start threads like this to ask questions that they'll never be given the answers to, because if they deserved an answer, they wouldn't have to ask.

closed.