MTA STRIKE!

BUNBUNBIGGY

I'm sayin though, if I was a TWU worker I'd be happy that I'm getting paid more than alot of coledge grads to do a easy fucking job and that my kids have healthcare unlike alot of other people that work harder than me. Why do union workers get so fucking spoiled that they would take hostage a city of millions of people causing thousands of inocent people to possibly loose their jobs do to the fact that now they can't get to work, risk throwing a city into chaos just to see if they can squeeze alittle more when they already get way more than enough??? They need to grow the fuck up. I used to think unions were a good thing when I was a kid hearing romanticised stories in history class about how the working class united to take a stand against the slave-driving industrialists.... but these days unions and union workers just give themselves a bad rep.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok look at it like this. You live in NY and make an average of 30k-40k a year. It is hard to support a family and get by living in NY with a salary like that. Ok, so now your employer finds a giant surplus and you aren’t getting to see any of that. What would you do? I would strike in a heartbeat. Do you think any of the top MTA officials are taking pay cuts? Do you think any top city officials ever take pay cuts? What are they doing with the rest of that surplus money?

Why should workers sacrifice in order to get what’s fair for them or for the future workers who will come in after them.

And for the record, in NY you need at least 60 college credits to qualify for most (if not all) civil service jobs.

Originally posted by the_gooch+Dec 20 2005, 09:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the_gooch - Dec 20 2005, 09:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HESHIANDET@Dec 21 2005, 12:18 AM

unions were good for a certain time period. they are dated and obsolete now.

i disagree.

[/b]

Hesh is right, these days it's all about following guidelines, and judges can just rule that strikes aren't fair and order them back to work.

Gone are the days of month long strikes with the workers living of fucking scraps and being threatened with death if they cross the line...

Originally posted by slimeball@Dec 20 2005, 07:12 PM

I have to catch a flight out of here at 6:00 am. Anybody know if the car services raised their prices too?

thats illegal for them to raise theyre prices.and somebody went around last night throwin buckets of paint on the doors and inside of the train stations around my way.i have no idea who it could be though :burn: :innocent:

Originally posted by the_gooch@Dec 21 2005, 06:54 AM

Ok look at it like this. You live in NY and make an average of 30k-40k a year. It is hard to support a family and get by living in NY with a salary like that. Ok, so now your employer finds a giant surplus and you aren’t getting to see any of that. What would you do? I would strike in a heartbeat. Do you think any of the top MTA officials are taking pay cuts? Do you think any top city officials ever take pay cuts? What are they doing with the rest of that surplus money?

Why should workers sacrifice in order to get what’s fair for them or for the future workers who will come in after them.

And for the record, in NY you need at least 60 college credits to qualify for most (if not all) civil service jobs.

Well I don't live in NY. But here in Philly they're always threatening to strike and do strike every so often. And these niggas make twenty something dollars an hour. Even the janitors start out at 14 dollars an hour. Our cost of living here is way less than NY yet it costs exactly the same to ride the bus or train and we don't have the convenience of the subway system yall have where you can transfer for free to any part of the city. The reason for that is because the union has SEPTA by the balls and they need to rob the shit out of us to pay these niggas twenty something dollars an hour. These niggas actually went on strike a couple months ago cause they refuse to make co-payments on their health insurance like every single other person that is even lucky enough to HAVE health insurance does.

If they aint getting paid right in NY then I can see it, but this just reminds me of the fuckers here that are always pulling this bullshit... and they deffinately get PAID.

I'm bitter.

Originally posted by SF1+Dec 21 2005, 09:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Dec 21 2005, 09:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the_gooch@Dec 21 2005, 06:54 AM

Well I don't live in NY. But here in Philly they're always threatening to strike and do strike every so often. And these niggas make twenty something dollars an hour. Even the janitors start out at 14 dollars an hour. Our cost of living here is way less than NY yet it costs exactly the same to ride the bus or train and we don't have the convenience of the subway system yall have where you can transfer for free to any part of the city. The reason for that is because the union has SEPTA by the balls and they need to rob the shit out of us to pay these niggas twenty something dollars an hour. These niggas actually went on strike a couple months ago cause they refuse to make co-payments on their health insurance like every single other person that is even lucky enough to HAVE health insurance does.

If they aint getting paid right in NY then I can see it, but this just reminds me of the fuckers here that are always pulling this bullshit... and they deffinately get PAID.

I'm bitter.

[/b]

did you ever think about going for a job w/ those guys?? shit, if the cost of living is less and the pay is just as good, i'll fuckin move there and check it out...haha.

plus philly always had an ill graff scene so that's a plus!

Originally posted by the_gooch+Dec 22 2005, 07:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the_gooch - Dec 22 2005, 07:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SF1@Dec 21 2005, 09:00 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-the_gooch@Dec 21 2005, 06:54 AM

I'm bitter.

did you ever think about going for a job w/ those guys?? shit, if the cost of living is less and the pay is just as good, i'll fuckin move there and check it out...haha.

plus philly always had an ill graff scene so that's a plus!

[/b]

Good point.

Thank God it's over.

Luckily my work had a time sensitive project so they paid for my cabs. The bitch was waking up @ 3am so I can get to the city before 5am. The cost of the cabs were $30-35 in the morning. Getting home was a bitch as well. 1st day left work @ 4pm and got home by 6pm by taking 2 fucking cabs for $60 total. 2nd day I got lucky, I was by one of the bridges @ 3pm and the cab I hailed was heading down to my boro like 5 blocks away from my apt. To see his girl. That was $50, price gauging like a mufucka. 3rd day was the worst, got out of work at 4pm and no cabs were going my direction. Took Path train from 34th st. to WTC, train got delayed in NJ. Took $1 van from city hall which cost $5 to right across the bridge. Then waited an hour for a fuckin car to drive me the rest of the way home. Mufucka charged me $35 for an $11 ride. Got home by 8pm. I feel sorry for all the people that had to walk across that bridge. Please believe I told all the cab drivers to give me blank reciepts. MTA SUCKS.