Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[mania]

Stencils

Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 9 2006, 01:48 AM

sometimes they carry them but most of the time they don't. i'd just hold out, those ups stickers suck.

suck how? i use them all the time and they work great. pretty sticky and hard to peel off unless someone really wants it off. i dont like the glossy ones though unless im doing a sprayed stencil even then i prefer the plain paper ones. markers and stuff fade off pretty fast on the glossy ones and they change color kind of brownish which actually looks cool sometimes depending on the sticker. makes it look like old paper.. so maybe thats why you say they suck..i dunno.

the 2x and 4x sheet stickers are great though.

i guess they changed how you sign up and order because i dont have a credit card but have enough stickers to last a life time and then some. it kind of sucked when they put that little 'for ups shipping only' along the edge, annoying. they also changed the cardboard that came in the packs which i used to use to make small stencils but now its soem thick tough cardboard that kills a blade and your hand in the process. i miss that cardboard! :(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 8 2006, 11:02 PM

thanks dude, though i don't recall doing any murals.

did this kinda quick and is a little messy and warped but i ended up giving it to Mr. Lif a while ago...

dytrj.jpg

woops, i didn't mean murals, i meant canvases. sorry bout that

RD: on the other gremlin one, the gremlin is a different color set than the ripped out area, and the marker is a different color set. how did u do that? cuz they're all one stencil arent they?

yes the whole thing is five layers but to do the ripped out area with the brown shades i just covered up the gremlin after i did it's first color and then did the brown and so on. get it?

yes, i stole rds envelope idea. And yes i realize that these colors suck. i really hate the highlight cause it looked fine before them then they and I ruined it. (color and its of alignment)

lady7ea.jpg

^in real life you can actually see he outline. it doesn't blend in with the red so much. i guess its the camera

cool envelope, you just need some better colors and it will be awesome.

here's a 5 layer stencil of some bullets i did a while back on a jacket for background...

stensoul092.jpg

Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 9 2006, 11:07 PM

yes the whole thing is five layers but to do the ripped out area with the brown shades i just covered up the gremlin after i did it's first color and then did the brown and so on. get it?

yea i get it. thats what i thought u did but i wasnt totally sure.

nice jacket. (the stencils not too bad either).

KARMA: u should try registraion marks for lining up layers, it make it a whole lot easier.

about that envelope, im kinda limited on colors. i do have 4 shades of yellow so ill try three of those with some black. what would be a good blend of colors for the background though?light blue and purple (kind limitedcx on colors like i said)? I have greyish blue. light puplish blue two different light green shades those purples you see above red and thats about it. (and tons of colorplace thats shit for trying to blent of do anything with athough they do have a decent flat black)

just gotta experiment. try spraying all your paints in a row from dark to light. that will give you a better sense of what you got and how to combine them so they work together.

just get a montana or molotow color chart it should be fairly obvious from those even if the colors arent that brand and dont quite match up.

or google color theory.

Originally posted by -KARMA-+Jan 11 2006, 07:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-KARMA- - Jan 11 2006, 07:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>registration marks? Can you explain please :)

[/b]

yea... i said this on like the 2nd page of this thread:

using registration marks makes lining up the layers alot faster and more precise. to do this, cut some sort of shape (such as an X) in two of the corners of each seperate layer. make them in the exact same place so that when u line up the X's the layers are lined up as well. use spray adhesiv to stick ur first layer on the surface and peal up the corners of the stencil and put masking tape under the X's. spray ur first layer (including the X's) and then take it up. u can use the X marks to line up the other layers and when ur done, just peel the tape up and u wont have the registration marks near the stencil.

<!--QuoteBegin-..::RD::..@Jan 11 2006, 07:10 PM

registration marks are for pussies.

what? u dont use them? then how the fuck do u manage to lign up a 5+ layer stencil without the spray adhesive drying and resulting in underspray?

ive only use them recently... but they really do seem to make ligning up a whole lotta layers alot easier. they're not for the streets but if u wanna get something dead on they help alot.

niether do i. its messy (spray adhesive) and looks wierd (reg marks)

Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 11 2006, 10:04 PM

i didn't use registration marks or spray adhesive on anything i've posted so far.

i get how you get by without reg. marks but how the fuck do your stencils come out so clean with no adhesive!!! PLEASE SHARE YOUR SECRET!

i have a question regarding paint. Is it bad if i store it in my room? Will paint cans let out small amounts of vapors that could harm me?