Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[mania]

Stencils

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Whats with all the self-depreciation around here. Either you are into it, or you're not. I mean everyone has different skills and different vibes so dont doubt your stuff. Just go for it. Granted, this thread is a bit limited, but once SR is back up, we can all get on all the different levels and bask in our own shit pits. I love being a happy pig.

Are there any UK'ers out there wanted to hook up in March? Aryze is organising a get together on March 18th in Manchester . It's the ESD Crew (8-bit, esper, fremantle, Dr3w etc etc) v's anyother fucker that turns up. Aryze is trying to organise us a wall. Message me if you want details.

Originally posted by th3_monk+Jan 4 2006, 04:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (th3_monk - Jan 4 2006, 04:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-soul_patrol@Dec 29 2005, 01:45 AM

wonderin if theres anyone out there with simmilar sized stencils and the question is.... how the fuck do i carry them around the streets without getting bagged? and a better question is how do i climb to rooftops and bridges and shit with the stencils any advice would be appreciated. safe

you make the stencil simple enough so you can fold it.

[/b]

simple in what way, the design, the ammount of layers or the cuts, everytime i try folding it either fucks my stencil up or makes me get dodgy overspray in the joins and creases... i wanna get my big stuff up on the streets but i cant :shook: :gaga: can i see some flicks of any of your big stuff on the streets? peace

many people do large stencils on thinner paper that can be rolled up and put into a shipping canister or whatever. when you put it up you gotta use something to stick it to the wall (like a light coat of adhesive spray) since its gonna be kinda curved from being rolled up. you can also make your stencil into a few different smaller pieces and put them back together when you are sticking it to the wall. check out the videos on my post at the bottom of page 4. there are some larger multi piece stencils on a couple of them.

i haven't done many stencils, but here are a couple of mine. i'm more into symbols & designs than multi layered photo duplicates.

my throwie stencil.

81766437_f535a0e3bd_o.jpg

my first stencil i put up.

81766442_0031a0e0d2_o.jpg

Originally posted by delilah@Jan 6 2006, 08:16 AM

Are there any UK'ers out there wanted to hook up in March? Aryze is organising a get together on March 18th in Manchester . It's the ESD Crew (8-bit, esper, fremantle, Dr3w etc etc) v's anyother fucker that turns up. Aryze is trying to organise us a wall. Message me if you want details.

most of th people here probably dont know too much about ESD.... seems to me that this is more of a US forum. but htere are some UKers around... but none from SR, that i know of.

sounds cool... but the atlantic is one hell of a puddle...

hmmm... not completely sure.

i know that when u can smell organic fumes, and ur wearing contacts, those fumes get trapped between the thin layer of film between the contact and ur eye... which is not good but im not sure what kind of effect spraypaint might have. the body absorbs spraypaint through the skin and so im sure ur body might absorb some of the paint through your eyes.

id check graffiti.org... they have some good articles on health effects of spraypaint. i think theres a thread about it here somewhere too.

i just ordered some stickers from usps but while they're in the mail could i pick any up from the ups store? Does ups carry free stickers like usps does?

haha, ok. i just checked out their site and its a hassle to order ups sticker but they are big and plain white. you have to create an accout or something though and give them credit card info. i'm defineately holding out for usps!

but when random people order like 2000 stickers boxes and some tubes won't usps be a littl suspicious?

no, businesses and individuals order tons of stickers like that all the time for mass mailings and shipping. people who sell stuff on ebay use stuff like that alot because its free, and usps likes it because it guarantees that the people doing the shipping will use them to ship their stuff.

here's one of my first stencils...haha

SLF032.jpg

frankenstein puzzle anyone?

PUZZLEMONSTER.jpg

my friends head flying...

stensoul119.jpg

falling star

gyu.jpg

w.c. fields sketch book and shirt

stensoul032.jpg

cardboard experimentation...

crop.jpg

bleach experimentation...

proj.jpg

a wall from my friend and i's art show...same show as the 40 records posted before

fty.jpg

Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 8 2006, 10:38 PM

here's one of my first stencils...haha

SLF032.jpg

frankenstein puzzle anyone?

PUZZLEMONSTER.jpg

my friends head flying...

stensoul119.jpg

falling star

gyu.jpg

mm-mm-good. that first one is as sexy as carmen electra! :)

But i'm really diggin your "newer" stuff. Especially your frankenstein pieces and your murals always kick ass. YOU ARE THE STENCIL KING :king: (at least in this thread)!

thanks dude, though i don't recall doing any murals.

did this kinda quick and is a little messy and warped but i ended up giving it to Mr. Lif a while ago...

dytrj.jpg

fucking nice as always RD.

the puzzle and the one of ur friend's head are awesome.

looks like u came a long way from ur first, eh?

im gonna look for the pic of my firstie....