Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[mania]

Stencils

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

whats wrong with it?

if u got something cool u can post it and maybe somebody will think its cool too and put it up. theres potential to have ur stuff up on the streets around the world.

granted, there is the risk of someone taking ur stuff and calling it their own. that wouldnt be a problem if u didnt really care about that though. u wouldnt post shit that is really tight, but if its something that u just did for the hell of it and it turned out pretty cool why not share it with others? if u dont really care about it, then u dont really have any ownership in it and so it doesnt really matter. if people are afraid of their ideas getting stolen, then they shouldnt post stuff. keep in mind though, even when u post a pic of ur work on the interweb u risk someone stealing it or biting it.

but yea maybe it is just wishful thinking, maybe it is wack.

oh well...

Im going to have to go with RD on this one. I never really understood the idea unless, like you said mania, if your trying to start some sort of campain.

[mania] Yesterday, 08:14 PM Post #141

effigy: tapes are kinda overdone but props for getting stuff up on the streets.

yeah

I really do agree

tapes are pretty overdone

kind of like gasmasks

but it was only like my 2nd one I ever did

the stencils in the second picture look pretty clean, but the top ones are messy and it looks to be a gasmask(yawn), i'd try to clean that stencil up and make it a little more detailed.

btw, what is there to bite? seems to me you havent doctored those images in any way so i don't know why you think these images are yours. i've seen plenty of all 3 of those stencils.

I'm more into stenciling of symbols, designs & abstract stuff rather than recreating photos with lots of layers (which isn't that practical on the streets anyways).

I've noticed people in here who seem interested in getting into street stenciling, so here are a couple books to check out.

"Stencil Graffiti Capital: Melbourne": This is the best book I've seen. Some Amazing Stuff In There and its real current. I got my copy at Barnes & Nobile.

"Stencil Graffiti"

"Stencil Pirates"

Here are some videos on google of some guys putting up a few stencils. CLICK ME

HERE is another video.

Originally posted by soul_patrol@Dec 29 2005, 01:45 AM

wonderin if theres anyone out there with simmilar sized stencils and the question is.... how the fuck do i carry them around the streets without getting bagged? and a better question is how do i climb to rooftops and bridges and shit with the stencils any advice would be appreciated. safe

you make the stencil simple enough so you can fold it.

Well.... I took my sweet ass time putting the stencil together and I finally did my very first run... They are on the stock us mail priority stickers so I made em a little compact. They're rough but like I said... it's my first stencils ever. Mania... thanks for the feedback again. Lemme know what ya'll think.

Greetings SR kids. It took me a while to find you. But your little lady friend Delilah is here..

I feel so brazen simply posting stencils straight up onto a thread. Damn.

Here are a couple I made recently.

IMG_2597.jpg

mendi.jpg

hey delilah

(im m.r.)

nice to see u here in our little SR refugee camp.

but i gotta ask.... do u konw anything about whats up with SR other than what it says on the site?

that first one is nice,

Originally posted by [mania�

,Jan 5 2006, 03:07 AM]

hey delilah

(im m.r.)

nice to see u here in our little SR refugee camp.

but i gotta ask.... do u konw anything about whats up with SR other than what it says on the site?

that first one is nice,

hey m.r.

i heard a nasty rumour that it might be down for 2 months. but im sure thats not confirmed, n just some shit someone made up.

spooky is about, but says sr is shit anyway *delilah sheds a tear* but i think he is just cynical. bless him.

so where is the water pump and the rice rations around here?

yea i hope its not down that long too.

so spooky doesnt really know anything either? im sure he will be back as soon as SR is back... he seems to like being a mod too much to just give it up.

food/water supply is kinda sketchy arond here though... RD drops in ever now and then and gives us some nice stuff to look (feast on) at. i dunno if u read through the whole thread but MAR posted some stuff as did Melo, and ive been trying to post as much new stuff as possible. but otherwise, most of the people here are just starting out, and most of it is not up to par with most SR stuff. which is a little wierd... but u get used to it.

those are the fucking a RD. those records seem almost too good to be putting up.... but major props for doing those. what did u use to put them up? liquid nails or something? do u how they are doing? has someone taken them down yet?

those stencils are sick up there man!!!!!! those canvases are hella dopeee. one day i wanna try multi-layer stenciling...

i get the idea of it... its just i gotta try it outt....

oh yeah... those records are fucking dope!!!! i would so buy one and hang em on my wall yoo...

imgp02942so.jpg

RESIZED IT AND CUT OFF THE FEET, THIS WAS MY THIRD STENCIL I THINK. KINDA OVERSPRAYEY CAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ADHESIVE :(