Stencils

[mania]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by delilah@Jan 6 2006, 08:16 AM

Are there any UK'ers out there wanted to hook up in March? Aryze is organising a get together on March 18th in Manchester . It's the ESD Crew (8-bit, esper, fremantle, Dr3w etc etc) v's anyother fucker that turns up. Aryze is trying to organise us a wall. Message me if you want details.

most of th people here probably dont know too much about ESD.... seems to me that this is more of a US forum. but htere are some UKers around... but none from SR, that i know of.

sounds cool... but the atlantic is one hell of a puddle...

hmmm... not completely sure.

i know that when u can smell organic fumes, and ur wearing contacts, those fumes get trapped between the thin layer of film between the contact and ur eye... which is not good but im not sure what kind of effect spraypaint might have. the body absorbs spraypaint through the skin and so im sure ur body might absorb some of the paint through your eyes.

id check graffiti.org... they have some good articles on health effects of spraypaint. i think theres a thread about it here somewhere too.

haha, ok. i just checked out their site and its a hassle to order ups sticker but they are big and plain white. you have to create an accout or something though and give them credit card info. i'm defineately holding out for usps!

but when random people order like 2000 stickers boxes and some tubes won't usps be a littl suspicious?

no, businesses and individuals order tons of stickers like that all the time for mass mailings and shipping. people who sell stuff on ebay use stuff like that alot because its free, and usps likes it because it guarantees that the people doing the shipping will use them to ship their stuff.

Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 8 2006, 10:38 PM

here's one of my first stencils...haha

SLF032.jpg

frankenstein puzzle anyone?

PUZZLEMONSTER.jpg

my friends head flying...

stensoul119.jpg

falling star

gyu.jpg

mm-mm-good. that first one is as sexy as carmen electra! :)

But i'm really diggin your "newer" stuff. Especially your frankenstein pieces and your murals always kick ass. YOU ARE THE STENCIL KING :king: (at least in this thread)!

Originally posted by ..::RD::..@Jan 9 2006, 01:48 AM

sometimes they carry them but most of the time they don't. i'd just hold out, those ups stickers suck.

suck how? i use them all the time and they work great. pretty sticky and hard to peel off unless someone really wants it off. i dont like the glossy ones though unless im doing a sprayed stencil even then i prefer the plain paper ones. markers and stuff fade off pretty fast on the glossy ones and they change color kind of brownish which actually looks cool sometimes depending on the sticker. makes it look like old paper.. so maybe thats why you say they suck..i dunno.

the 2x and 4x sheet stickers are great though.

i guess they changed how you sign up and order because i dont have a credit card but have enough stickers to last a life time and then some. it kind of sucked when they put that little 'for ups shipping only' along the edge, annoying. they also changed the cardboard that came in the packs which i used to use to make small stencils but now its soem thick tough cardboard that kills a blade and your hand in the process. i miss that cardboard! :(