Stencils

[mania]

i think if u use wider caps on like a level 4 or 5 on montana black then it will make it like a lower pressure can.... but im not really sure

i think montana gold is both a high and low pressure can because the pressure varies on how hard u press on the cap. it has some sorta spring in it that reacts differently to how u press down on the cap. im not 100% sure though... it seems like if this was the case though, it would take some practice and getting used too for good can control... but it maight be useful, high pressure for covering large areas and low for doing detail work. this could definetly be an advantage when piecing... i dont think it would help @ all with stencils.

u got me interested in montana gold now karma, might have to try it out sometime... but spanish montana is cheaper and seems... i dunno... better. but maybe its just me.

christ. i hope SR is back soon

peace

mania

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, i hope SR gets up soon too. i'm gonna order some montana soon anyway. im either going with black or hardcore. probabaly hardcore if people stock it soon. Black's the same price and same amount of paint but hardcore has a cooler can :0 and since you reccomend it i think ill get that. Are you on the east coast mania?

yea. i wont be able to put anything up on the streets until after xmas but i definetly have some later. gotta get something new though... hmmm...

really? u can get montana in NC? what in Rowley im guessing? thats fukt up u cant find it anywhere in richmond and richmond probably has a bigger art scene/graff scene.

Originally posted by [mania�

,Dec 23 2005, 11:34 PM]

yea. i wont be able to put anything up on the streets until after xmas but i definetly have some later. gotta get something new though... hmmm...

really? u can get montana in NC? what in Rowley im guessing? thats fukt up u cant find it anywhere in richmond and richmond probably has a bigger art scene/graff scene.

well, apparently there WAS a shop that sold it in charlotte but they closed last year :( But i think there may be another

You guys should try liquidcrack.net, its a supplier out of Dayton ohio

they usually have a good stock on caps tips and markers. Im from

Ohio and thats where 9 out of 10 writers around here order from.

Some TM7 kids run that site so they tend to know what they need in

stock. If your in the Dayton area stop thru they have they own

warehouse full of paint. walking thru it you will feel like a kid in a

candy store. If you go in person they usually trow in a bunch of caps

on the house.

those r cool asdjk, r they syenciled watercolors or something. i like the faded effect... almost like an image transfer but not.

shape1369: what the hell is that? it looks like it says "1 11E E/C Ot COD" and what si the thing under it sposed to be? it doesnt look like anything.

HIGHTOP: yea i order from liquidcrack.net... but ive never been to their wharehouse. they always ship really fast.

Originally posted by [mania�

,Dec 24 2005, 03:38 PM]

shape1369: what the hell is that? it looks like it says "1 11E E/C Ot COD" and what si the thing under it sposed to be? it doesnt look like anything.

its supposed to be a golden spiral. the boy just said hes obsessed with golden geometry. look it up its pretty awesome.

god bows to math..

Originally posted by [mania?

,Dec 24 2005, 07:38 AM]

those r cool asdjk, r they syenciled watercolors or something. i like the faded effect... almost like an image transfer but not.

well i did the whole thing with a big brush and what happened was i was trying to do a clean 3 layer stencil and it worked fine until i got to the third layer and the paint i used was too dark . it sucked and i wanted to clean it off so i waited for it to dry and got a sponge and whiped the whole third layer down. it kinda left the third layer there in a the tone that i wanted and kinda made it looked weathered so i just left it like that . just one of those beautiful mistakes ya know ?

Wellllll not exactly. Not to hijack the thread but I'll take a minute to explain golden geometry.

In geometry there is a certain ratio that can be attained in a comparison of certain lengths

of the side of a pentagram. This ratio is expressed as (a+b)/a = a/b. this is what we call Phi. There

are actually two numbers that are expressed as Phi, big Phi and little phi. This is what we call the

Golden Mean. An irrational number that can not be expressed in any other fractional form other

than that of the one previously expressed. Naturally this creates a series of numbers: 1, 2, 3, 5,

8, 13, 21 and so on. This is called the fibonacci series. This series has rather large implecations in the

natural world. More specifically it is seen in the growth patterns of petals on flowers and in seedling

structures of things such as pine cones.

As this concept applies to art and architecture, there are many instances where the golden mean

is claimed to be used. The acropolis maintains most of its structural design based in this ratio. If one

were to examine the major sections and distances between specific structures on the building itself,

one would find that most of the relationships one can discern are based soley on this "Golden

Ratio." It is also thought to be the most pleasing aesthetic measurement one can use in

creating their art. If one sections off an ovoid using the golden ratio, one comes up with much closer

proportions of a face than with the widely used halving system. Dali was one artist that was concerned with

the intentional application of the ratio in his art. His depiction of the last supper is rampant with proportions

based on the golden ratio.

The golden spiral is the manifestation of the fibonacci series into a graphic form. If one creates a

series of boxes based on this series of numbers, you can build a system through which a "perfect"

spiral is created. If in each respective box a quarter circumfrential mark is made, it creates this spiral.

However, this is not merely a humanly driven concept. The shell of the nautilus reflects this spiral itself. It

also has applications as part of the Imaginary coordinate system, if it is transcribed onto a sphere. Either

way, it's fuckin awesome.

edit to say that while Pi is a great movie, it is infact quite deviated from the concepts the movie

is based on.

Enough on this... Back to the stencils, just hope that cured your curiousity...

adhesive works great on the paper and krylon but sucks monkey nuts for wlamart paint, it rips it right off. Thats why there are wierd patches in the kids hair. I also think the colors on the kid suck but i have no other colors :(. comment please. And this was my first splatter and fade job.

imgp04378qp.jpg

not bad but i dunno about those splatters. u should practice fades a bit too.

remember that canvasses arent just about fades and splatters whhen they are done right they can look good but splaaters have really become overused and it doesnt take a whole lot of talent to throw paint at a surface. try to do stuff that will make people stop and look at it, not just go: "oh more splatter shit". know what i mean?

I think what people forget is that splatters and such are not a technique but an accent. They should be taken into account with the entire piece. Not as a background, but as a part of the piece and therefor their placement should be just as appropriate as the stencil itself. A perfect example is some of the splattering that RD uses on his vinyls. It is more of an extension of the stencil itself rather than being seperate from the stencil. Same thing for fades I feel. Its all about composition and adequately putting together a solid piece as a whole.