I dont watch alot of tv..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Dec 13 2005, 09:19 PM

Arrested Development (which is ending very soon, America just wasnt ready)

Seriously... leave it up to Fox to cancel the first good new series they've aired in years.

I don't have cable, so my options are limited. I try to watch the Simpsons and Seinfeld every night. After that I try to find something of interest on the 5 or 6 channels I get, or sit on my computer and waste my life away.

Lost and 24 are the two main shows I'm addicted to.

I watch fear factor a lot, mainly because its on right before the simpsons and I don't want to get started doing something that will distract me from the simpsons.

I'm really sick of doctor and police shows. 24 is different enough to slip by this sickness.

Guest Sparoism

I normally avoid TV, but I liked "The Triangle" on the SciFi Network last weekend.

It covered a lot of things I happen to be interested in, such as the Bermuda Triangle and different theories as to what is out there. It also tied in the Philadelphia Experiment, and different subplots plots based on parallel realities. It was more than intelligent enough to engage me, and only slightly hokey at times. Some scary shit, too, but not blood and guts scary...there were some really creepy scenes that freaked me out.

Whoever wrote this did a great job, and I highly recommend it to anyone who can sit through the whole thing (the whole miniseries was 6 hours).

Beyond that, I thought the "Boondocks" was okay...a little over the top, but not bad.

Everything else on television? ZZZZZZZZ....

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Dec 13 2005, 06:19 PM

Arrested Development (which is ending very soon, America just wasnt ready)

i really really really really hope that they continue these on DVDS, because a show of that calibre should not continue unmade. "I would cry, but I can't spare the moisture...."

anyways. i like ALOT of TV, but i usually dont have enough time to watch it.....

Mondays - CSI Miami

Tuesday - House, Gilmore Girls

Wednesday - America's next top model, CSI NY

Thursday - OC, CSI, ER

Friday - OUT (DUHHH!!!)

Saturday - THE SOPRANOS (i tape it)

Sunday - Simpsons, "The war at home," Family guy, Desperate Houswives and then Grey's ANatomy

yes, i like TV. alot!

OOOO AND the actore who plays HOUSE.... he was AWESOME in "black Adder" as the gay-prince

Originally posted by John Birch@Dec 13 2005, 09:36 PM

deadwood i liked the second season

still waiting for that to drop on dvd.

sometimes when you're wathcing one of those shows, play a little drinking game and try to match the show shot for shot of whiskey..

you never know quite where you'll end up, anywhere from damn good to on the floor.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by symbols@Dec 14 2005, 03:30 PM

back on in january.

I've never managed to enjoy 24 on a weekly basis, its such a small dose and leaves you in pure fuckin agony. Reason i decided to stay one season behind and just cop the dvd's when they're out and knock my self out (usually i finish them in a week) Season 1 i watched on tv and season 2-3 worked so much better on dvd. I'm about to get season 4 as a january anti-depressant.

Guest Sparoism

I agree...Nip/Tuck is on some other shit.

It can get hard to watch, though.

My favorite scene is when the two blondes were building the clinic, and the nympho one (HIV+, no less) was blowing all the contractors in the Portapotty to get deals from them....and fat white dude rolls on the other (clueless) one and asks for his "hot lunch" while tugging at his belt...

Normally, I'd say you couldn't make this shit up, but...they did it- somehow.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Sparoism@Dec 14 2005, 05:08 PM

My favorite scene is when the two blondes were building the clinic, and the nympho one (HIV+, no less) was blowing all the contractors in the Portapotty to get deals from them....and fat white dude rolls on the other (clueless) one and asks for his "hot lunch" while tugging at his belt...

Dude, how about last week, with the ugly fat chick that wants to get fucked by Christian... and dude's like "Alright, I will... but you have to wear something for me. It's on the bed, go ahead and put it on." And the fat chick is all excited and goes in looking for the sexy lingerie...

...and the only thing on the bed is a brown paper bag.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

See the thing is is, the first season had much more focus on the whole surgery thing. Over the time the surgeries have become more of a side story in each episode, with a select few actually worming their way into the main storyline. There's really not all that much blood in it nowadays, at least not to the level of the first season.

Originally posted by Tesseract+Dec 14 2005, 04:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract - Dec 14 2005, 04:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-symbols@Dec 14 2005, 03:30 PM

back on in january.

I've never managed to enjoy 24 on a weekly basis, its such a small dose and leaves you in pure fuckin agony. Reason i decided to stay one season behind and just cop the dvd's when they're out and knock my self out (usually i finish them in a week) Season 1 i watched on tv and season 2-3 worked so much better on dvd. I'm about to get season 4 as a january anti-depressant.

[/b]

dude i totally agree.i refuse to watch a season of 24 week by week.the anticipation drives me crazy.now i just wait till the season comes on on dvd and watch it like one long movie.but while the season is playing on air, i refuse to let anyone talk about what is going on around me.

i also enjoy

family guy

seinfeld

king of queens

law & order

simpsons

csi

sopranos

and random other ones

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Dec 14 2005, 08:12 PM

See the thing is is, the first season had much more focus on the whole surgery thing. Over the time the surgeries have become more of a side story in each episode, with a select few actually worming their way into the main storyline. There's really not all that much blood in it nowadays, at least not to the level of the first season.

WORD..sounds like I'd rather see season 2..I'm only a fan of blood and gore when its fanciful..seeing bitches tiddies getting cut up is a turn off unless it's by Jason or Freddie or one of those nggas from devils rejects or something..