severe depression.....

sectorTVA

if you checked in teases marraige thread, you might already know about my parents getting divorced...and the situation with my mom. shes serverely depressed and hasnt eaten in 5 days now. its gotten terribly worse and today dad took her to see a doctor, the doctor diagnosed her as being extremely suicidal and immediately call in some psychiatrists from out of town...i knew she was on the brink of suicide, i talked to her while she was still here at home over the past few days. she was always saying that she wont be here for long, and she wants to die. she told me today that i would be okay without her. im pretty much over the divorce...im 18 now, and while i really dont want to see my parents divorce, but my dad isnt happy in the marraige, and i came to the realization that this is how it has to be...i want to see my dad happy, and i think he should go and seek his happiness if thats what he really wants to do. but mom took this really really hard...she really loves my dad, and my dad says he still loves her as a person, he is just not in love with her and never was in love with her, that really hurt her. anyhow, im really worried about mom, ive been reluctant to catch any good sleep in the past week, because i was afraid of what mom might do to herself while i was sleeping. so today dad took her to the local mental hospital, and the people there said she would have to be checked in, if she wouldnt voluteer to be checked in, then they would get a court order and detain her. so my dad convinced her to stay voluntarily, she really didnt want to stay there. shes probably going to be there for a week. maybe more depending on when the people at the hospital determine shes fit to leave. i havent been able to do any school work, which sucks because i have a paper due tomarrow and i have barely started it, im really upset because im actually paying for college, and im fuckin up in it now. but i cant forget about mom...i love her with all my heart and i would hate to see her do anything to herself. so this is pretty serious, she told the doctor she had a plan and everything (scary) she said she was going to go out in the garage and drink a lot of poisinous chemicals to kill herself. so im taking this pretty hard...im not mad at either of them for divorcing, im just really really worried about mom right now...today was me and my dad's first time home by ourselves together and we dont even know how to prepare a decent dinner...so i guess that was a little amusing, but other than that ive been bummin alot lately. just what ive been thinking lately, and the troubles ive been going through. lots of tears on behalf of my mom because i love her so much....shes been smoking alot of cigarettes lately, she cant sleep, she hasnt eaten anything, and shes always crying....ontop of that she wants to seriously kill herself. i hope she gets better at the hospital...i get to start visiting her for a hour each day starting on saturday....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, i was actually gonna post some stupid shit until i read into this...man, i feel you though. my mom was the same way when i was young: extreme depression, not eating, alcolholism, pills, etc she had cancer for many years and she knew it... my mom had me when she was 42 and died when i was 16 because of the cancer...she said the same type of stuff to me. "youll be better off without me" and even used to try and make me hate her so i wouldnt miss her. WATCH OUT FOR THAT. you and your father did the right thing and therapy hopefully will help...just keep trying to talk to her, even though sad but true it may not help. keep us updated. my heart goes out to you.

yo man

at about this time last year, i was exactly how your mom sounds right now. as of now, i am doing pretty well. have hope, i didnt think they was anyway i could get better, but everything worked well. if there is one piece of advice i could give you, it would be spend time with your mom, and do stuff she enjoys (once she gets out of the hospital). anyway, good luck, check my profile for me aim screen name if you ever want to talk.

Guest serpent of the light

shit bro, that sucks. my mom was in an insitution when i was ages 4-6, i guess thats the most developmental time in a child's mind, so me and her never bonded at all, we still dont have anything special. she says she was possessed by demons, as metal as that is, its scary too.

in 5th grade my best friend killed himself, that was fucking detrimental like all hell

shit happens man, it sucks, but you gotta stay posi and work your way through.

xviewerlikeyoux on aim

xxx303

sector>

first off let me offer my aim name bfresh764 as some comfort if you need anything. please feel free to hit me up, im always on it. i am.

i know exactly how your feeling right now bro, my parents went through the same thing. and so did my mother. i know all to well whats going on right now. all to well. luckily i had a friend who went through the exact same thing as i did a year prior to my parents spliting up, and he helped me through alot of things that i wouldnt have known on my own. it helps to have a friend. looke me up look anyone on here up on aim, its anonomus to an extent, spill your guts.. it might be what you need. but keep your head up. things will change, dont ever doubt that. you and your mother can make it through this. ive gone through depression myself, and i know first hand how bad it can be. but stay positive and try to get your mom on the same track. take care bro. i hope it works out for you.

My thoughts are with you. My stepbrother comitted suicide several years ago and it was really hard to handle. I don't know that I have any good advice, but I am a great listener.

On a practical note, you may want to clean the garage and under the sink before she gets home. If chemicals are what she had chosen, try to make it hard for her to take that route if she is still having difficulty.

On the brighter side, statistically the people who tell you they want to kill themselves or even call the police right before they attempt, usually won't go through with it. It is the ones that don't talk and just act that are usually successful.

A lot of peeps have some good advice.

My advice after going through my dad committing suicide when I was three then my mom remarried this motherfucker that hated me and liked to kick the shit out of me.

Do not forget to take some time alone for yourself. Go to a park, gp for a walk, go paint. but dont forget to do shit for yourself. Good luck and Ill wish the best for you.

Peace.

i really wish the best for you and your family..i am sorry to hear that you're goin through such an incredibly hard time..

sticking by your mom, like you're doing, is probably the only real thing you can do to help her..she knows you love her, and if you are supportive, hopefully she'll come through this ok..

maybe they will be able to find a medication or therapy that will help her come out of this more stable and comfortable with herself..this is probably the lowest point of your mom's life, and she is at the end of her rope trying to hold it together..but, with you and your dad sticking by her, i hope that is enough to get her back on the right track..

as some others have said, don't forget to take care of yourself..i'm sure your mom would love to see you successful in school, and in your own life..so don't forget to take care of that shit..it's probably impossible to concentrate right now, maybe you could get a study group or partner to help keep you focused when you need to...get out and have some fun, see your mom, take care of yourself.

...sorry to read about such hard times your family's going through

There is already alot of good advice and support on here..but hey..

Just stick with your mom, no matter what

Make sure she knows how much you love her

how much she's contributed to her life

and that her life means something to YOU

therapy can really help

being an inpatient with other people who think the've lost

the appetite for life can help

good luck - you'll both be stronger in the end

Everyone goes through this stuff differently, but can i give you some first hand advice?

before you go visit your mum make a list (mental) of things have brought you two a lot of solid joy in the past. think of things that you love about your mum, be spacific. maybe tell your mum how much you cherish her and that you love her. I'm sure you said these things already, but you can say i love you too much if it's genuine.

Women especially have a lot of run-ins with depression, maybe try to find some info on the web, like under divorce or women's health issues. There's a lot of info out there, and a lot of research being done which should be pretty encouraging, with medical and psych treatment, things can get better, no matter how far away people seem from their former selves. It'll be a while and some herd work man but mums are worth it for sure.

Archived