Moby Takes on Eminem

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshitola on tease not buying an Eminem album.

Originally posted by dowmagik@Dec 12 2005, 04:59 PM

sure, music and tv influence people, but im all for personal responsibility. i listen to cannibal corpse and skrewdriver, and im the last guy youll catch beating a guy for being non-white or raping a broad with a knife. if someone shoots themselves due to music, the world is probably better off without them.

Haha, when I first read that, I understood it like "I'm the last guy you'll catch beating a guy for being black, or for being a rapist".

Props to Moby for the response to Eminem's little dis line there. What'd the reply take, 2+ years? The only time I caught MTV Cribs was Moby's episode (coincidentally also the longest stretch of my time Moby has occupied). The only thing I really remember is that he went out of his way to mention that there is not a single mirror in the entire place (HOW FUCKING AWESOMELY HUMBLE AND ARTISTICAL!). So yeah, dude is gay. I'm glad I can't bring any of his tunes to mind. Just Christopher Walken dancing his ass all over that hotel lobby.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Dec 12 2005, 01:54 PM

And Moby, you can get stomped by Obie,

You 36 year old bald headed fag blow me

You don't know me, you're too old

Let go, it's over, nobody listens to techno

shortly after this song and album came out I was at the Detroit Electronic Music Festival..... and lo and behold.... on the big screens an advirtisement for the album with that single playing (including that line) kept coming on through out the day... I guess enough people listen to techno to spend the advertising bucks.

oh the ironing.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Mainter@Dec 12 2005, 04:27 PM

December 12, 2005

Moby might be a lightweight vegan in body, but he's a verbal heavyweight: In an online journal post last week, Moby took Eminem to task for his misogynistic lyrics. "I respect Eminem as [a] talented and relevant musician," Moby says in a Dec. 6 post. "Now we find out that a British man who is obsessed with Eminem killed a woman with a metal baseball bat and stuffed her body into a suitcase. Am I being 'too uptight' for not seeing the humor in this?"

"Any employee of a record company or journalist or radio programmer or MTV employee who has promoted and celebrated misogynistic or homophobic music should be ashamed. You have blood on your hands, and you should be deeply, deeply troubled at the culture that you've helped to create."

Only person to blame is the crazy brit actually. I'm not a huge fan of eminem but i've always enjoyed him being completely antiPC. Anyone who doesnt see the humor in practically everysingle thing dude rhymes about is an idiot. Every serious pshychopath was reading 'catcher in the rye' 12 times a day and j.d. salinger is still one of the best writers who ever existed.

In any way, the world has more serious problems than eminems lyrics.

People make their own decisions, if someone relates eminems lyrics to what he/she can do in real life, there are more problems going on with him/her then just listening to eminem lyrics.

Perhaps its just me, but when I watch a movie listen to a song or any other medium of entertainment I take it as that, entertainment.

Eminem has fallen off as of his last..2 albums but you can't say Infinite, The Slim Shady LP and The Marshall Mathers LP weren't good cd's.

newsflash....

they are both shitsmears on the history of music.

I blame the babyboomers.

I saw this 14 year old asain kid threaten 'to pop you, yo!'

to some woman who messed up his order at the taco bell.

When you are paying $5 for a meal, you dont get to complain.

But the babyboomers are all about 'voicing your opinions' which

to be honest, isn't always a good thing. My grandfather would

have punched me in the stomach if I talked to someone like that.

You know what... sometimes we deserve a good shot in the chops.

I read this interview with a local rapper who was talking about gun crimes.

His point was that kids are looking at role models WHO FUCKED UP.

Dont immitate the people who do a crime, get caught and go to jail.

Immitate the people who get rich the smart way. Or the criminals who

dont waste their time doing street level crimes, but the ones who make

a fortune in the white collar side of things.

fuck... I'm ranting.... fuck people.

Guest Sparoism

He's just sore that Eminem's first album outsold his ENTIRE catalog.

I respect Bono for actually trying to DO something instead of acknowledging what we all already know- the world is a hard, cruel pimp, and will put its foot in your ass at any given opportunity.

Originally posted by Sparoism@Dec 13 2005, 02:32 AM

I respect Bono for actually trying to DO something instead of acknowledging what we all already know- the world is a hard, cruel pimp, and will put its foot in your ass at any given opportunity.

I'm sorry, I just can't let this slide. Bono is one of the most vile, trite, pretentious, and boring people on the planet. Four adjectives out of a hundred that describe that douche-bag. If I had the chance, I'd take my shot. Just for making me hear U2 every time I walk into a major retailer chain. The only good song they did was "Bloody Sunday", and that just doesn't even out with the entire catalog of suck.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to downgrade personal responsibility. People should certainly take responsibilty for themselves and their children. It's just that the influence of mass media is quite apparent, and I wanted to elucidate. That said, I don't go out of my way to listen to either eminem or moby, but as far as pop music goes I find it more tolerable than most.