Abandoned buildings and places.

YourSistersAssCookie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
are alot of these buildings still standing? yo i wanna go there and paint, how is there no graff in those?

Are you talking about the hospitals? Note these are only a few of the abandon hospitals in New England and I plan on posting more. As for as the ones already posted Norwich State Hospital, THe Ladd School and The Pines Hotel are still the same. The others, Worcester and Northampton have been demolished or renovated. But keep in mind most of these places have round the clock security.

dude, go check the abandoned hotel on 50 towards clermont. not sure if it's still there, i went about a year ago. no security. i've been both at night and during the day. we dipped at night, because we heard a nextell beep beep from somewhere in the building, and i know a lot of cops in cfl have nextels. during the day was chill as fuck. and because of the day journey i can say that i've kicked out a hotel window, haha. also, i can say that i've gotten hotel window glass stuck in my leg.

0000003356.jpg

Danvers State Hospital. Danvers, MA. Stolen.

Photos c/o opacity.us

Decription c/o opacity.us

Construction began in 1874, and the 70,000 square foot Kirkbride building was opened four years later. It's Gothic peaks and spires looming over the solid red brick are an incredible sight of beauty and a symbol of grandeur and fortitude, but at the cost of over $1 million to build, local residents resented the beautiful castle on the hill being given to the "insane" while they were living meagerly. Danvers was a model for humane treatment at the time, with no restraint policies invoked and the hospital instituted a pathology laboratory that was held in very high regard in the medical field.

danvers_isometric_1887.jpg

female_wing_admin_dsh_pc_1919.jpg

The hospital soon filled with such varied types of patients that it soon became a problem; geriatrics, the mentally disabled, alcoholics, drug addicts, the criminally insane and all other people with varied degrees of mental illness were mixing together under one roof. By the 1950's Danvers State was reported to be just as bad as Byberry, using various shock therapies, lobotomies, and other methods to keep the overcrowded hospital under control. The original Kirkbride building had a recommended maximum capacity of 600 patients, and although some additions had been constructed, the hospital housed around 2,400 patients at one point!

danvers_state_hospital_view_from_ea.jpg

danvers_kirkbride_floorplan.jpg

Upon the steady decline of patients that most nearby psychiatric facilities were experiencing, the Kirkbride building was abandoned in the early 1970's; the remaining patients were moved to the Bonner Medical Building across the lawn. Danvers State Hospital officially closed it's doors in the summer of 1992 in response to the many allegations of overcrowding, abuse and neglect in court. The movie "Session 9" was filmed on location in 2001, and brought a lot of attention to the old hospital. Security has since been increased to 24 hour patrols, and the boarding of all windows. A fire was started inside in 2004, forcing firemen to enter the dangerous building to prevent the whole Kirkbride from being engulfed in flames. Since then, the place has been on total lockdown - constant patrols 24/7 with mandatory checkpoints, and the arrest of anyone caught anywhere on the grounds (they are publishing the arrests in newspapers to get their point across). An article about trespassing on the grounds states that over 120 people have been arrested since 2000!

dude, go check the abandoned hotel on 50 towards clermont. not sure if it's still there, i went about a year ago. no security. i've been both at night and during the day. we dipped at night, because we heard a nextell beep beep from somewhere in the building, and i know a lot of cops in cfl have nextels. during the day was chill as fuck. and because of the day journey i can say that i've kicked out a hotel window, haha. also, i can say that i've gotten hotel window glass stuck in my leg.

oh and its demolished now..... :(

Avalon Bay now owns the property, and redevelopment plans are in full swing to demolish all but 1/3 of the Kirkbride building and gut the rest for apartments. The sale of the property has been an ongoing battle for years now, the preservation society had filed a lawsuit in attempt to block the sale of the hospital, but it was ruled otherwise by Salem Superior Court.

2007 Update

The hospital has been fully converted to Avalon Bay Danvers, a condominium complex.

danvers_front_aerial_sm.jpg

danversgoogle.gif