Abandoned buildings and places.

YourSistersAssCookie

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i know that you serious explorer types are pretty tight lipped about the places you go to and where they are

im always curious though, how do you even go about finding some of these abandonned and out of the way areas?

id be curious to see if there are such places around my way, preferably something out in the middle of nowhere that is either not known by others or not cared for by the city

but i never get it. ive explored numerous areas around my ways and ive never really come across anything majorily abandonned, the best is a little shitty house, and quite frankly i wouldnt wanna risk any kind of thing on entering something so worthless

do you guys look up your towns history? do you know people who know people? or is it just dumb luck. how would i go about finding things like these around here?

i know that you serious explorer types are pretty tight lipped about the places you go to and where they are

im always curious though, how do you even go about finding some of these abandonned and out of the way areas?

id be curious to see if there are such places around my way, preferably something out in the middle of nowhere that is either not known by others or not cared for by the city

but i never get it. ive explored numerous areas around my ways and ive never really come across anything majorily abandonned, the best is a little shitty house, and quite frankly i wouldnt wanna risk any kind of thing on entering something so worthless

do you guys look up your towns history? do you know people who know people? or is it just dumb luck. how would i go about finding things like these around here?

I live in detroit an a majority of the places that are abandoned

are really well-known by writers...we have about 6 or so factories

that were abandon...if you walk around detroit for 30mins you

are bound to find at least 10 abandon places...to find them just

go lokking around or search it up on google look for places that

were condemned or some shit...cause i think in the nothern

part of michigan we have an abandon insane assylum.

if you are worried about something bring like 5 people and a

bat or something.

oh yea we have this building that still has a company running in

it but the other half of it is completely empty and not in use.

there are a bunch of "urban exploration" forums

http://www.uer.ca/

check the database for locations

http://www.uer.ca/locations/newlist.asp

yeah here are some more links on urban exploration

theres alot to know about asbestos and other bad chemicals that can be floating around in abandoned buildings

and a rainy season could be a good thing with helping ground alot of possibly hazardous airborne particles

going exploring when its damp can be one of the safest times to explore

finding a quality mask can be helpful too

some links

http://www.infiltration.org/

http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/abandoned/

alot of gems there ^

if you join the uer.ca forums there is tons of info and tips on exploring definetally worth joining if you looking to do some exploring

yeah

i see what you're saying

i think my city is different though as things are being torn down sometimes literally over night for new buildings, and i think vacant space is a very prized thing around here, so not a lot of stuff is just left out to take up space

surprised they never tore down this building

here is an abandon building in detroit

it is called the packard plant.

place is huge as you can see how big 500yds (in the corner)

is and comparing it to the building it is about

10 football fields long/1,000 yards

and probaly 2 and a half football fields wide.

packard.jpg