Abandoned buildings and places.

YourSistersAssCookie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally made it there. The abandoned subway station of Kymlinge in Stockholm, Sweden.

The interior: 1247606296_eec579fce3.jpg

The station was built on an existing line, but was not completed due to the local authorities' wishes. Now it simply is. Trains ride through it all the time and at nighttime the lights are on. That's propably why the locals have called it a ghost station, well, it really is freaky.

When we were on our way there, we had to ride through the station with the subway and noted everything was lit up.

So we went there through a forest and as we got near it we saw, well, there were no lights anymore.

The only light was at the end of the station, over an emergency exit.

1221527195_9b033e6b51.jpg

I was standing with the camera under the station's platform. The stairs on the right take you on the platform.

1221527215_75c041387b.jpg

Yes, it was dark.

At first I thought there was just gravel on the ground, but it was actually metal powder...

Then, one moment we decided to go on the platform. You know, to get to the station you have to climb a fence, run a bit into a tunnel with a third rail, be sure there are no trains coming in any way(regularly every 6 minutes, but sometimes empty ones too, it is near the end station and it was evening) and well, we were kinda nervous after doing it. So yes, we walked to the platform, started to set up our tripods and blam - all the lights were on.

Were we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeervous after that???

We ran under the platform again, waited there for ten minutes. Then, blam, the lights go out.

Blam, the lights go on again after a few seconds.

Another ten minutes under the platform. Nothing happened, so we waited for two trains to pass and took some pics on the platform. And even went a bit further into the tunnel.

1221527125_18b11b5b06.jpg

A view under the platform too.

1221527173_627a1976ec.jpg

It was surprisingly clean of paintings, though it was relatively easy to get in. Propably the legends still live.

And I went back to that old train tunnel again.

1221081249_3a19439161.jpg

And discovered another one.

1247606348_4aec598296.jpg

Didn't go further, had no flashlight and there are many heroin guys in the neighbourhood...

A view of an industry building in Berlin, a tagger attached to it:

1117788085_981997919e.jpg

And well, an abandonment in Paris:).

1070542903_3c03567511.jpg

Happened to be there when the last train had left and noone was moving around...

All for now.

Bigger oneshere.

MZR I am completly amazed I dont think theyre are that many abandoned buildings in my whole state plus all those ones in Belgium are so cool looking! The only time I went flicking abandoned buildings I got guns pointed at my face and screamed at :(

just thought i would add a little something to this thread as I have enjoye it thoroughly and am fascinated by abandoned and disused places. pretty average photos, but they give you a bit of a feel for the place. An anbandoned complex/business of 10 or so buildings. A pretty cool place...

RIMG0018.jpg

RIMG0019-2.jpg

RIMG0038-1.jpg

RIMG0040-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Finally made it there. The abandoned subway station of Kymlinge in Stockholm, Sweden.

And I went back to that old train tunnel again.

1221081249_3a19439161.jpg

And discovered another one.

1247606348_4aec598296.jpg

Didn't go further, had no flashlight and there are many heroin guys in the neighbourhood...

good shots of weird tunnels. esp. the one on top with the faux rock formations. cool.

• 2 weeks later...