INTRODUCING THE "BRINCO"

dumy

yeah, thats right...

051117shoes280.jpg

These are no ordinary shoes.

A compass and flashlight dangle from one shoelace. The pocket in the tongue is for money or pain relievers. A rough map of the border region is printed on a removable insole.

They are red, white and green, the colors of the Mexican flag. On the back ankle, a drawing of Mexico's patron saint of migrants.

hop the border

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What......the.......goddamn.........hell.

"I wouldn't wear them and I wouldn't want my husband to wear them," said Blends browser Antonieta LaRussa, 28. "But the cause is awesome. There's so much opposition to immigration. She's looking at it from the other side of the fence and asking why."

Theres opposition to people coming here illegally you stupid cooze. Since when is aiding in illegal immigrants entering the country looking at it from the other side of the fence and asking why?

J_Werthein12_RJ.jpg

Brinco ("jump" in Spanish) is a uniquely designed sneaker, inspired by information and materials that are relevant to, and could provide assistance to, those illegally crossing the border. Artist/designer Judi Werthein has made 1,000 pairs in China, for $17 each, and has been giving them away at migrant shelters and more. The shoes were introduced in August at inSite. Werthein spent two years doing design research, interviewing shoe designers, migrants, aid workers, even an immigrant smuggler.

haha..Vicente Fox is a real winner...

remember when he dropped these?

PH2005062903089.jpg

at least his brother didn't rig a nation election to disenfranchise over 200,000 black voters though..I mean, I can deal with stamps but that's just ridiculous..

/\/\it def needs a better government, but there's a lot of bad shit going on until their government is "fixed" that can be aided by hippies and liberals... my ex worked w/ 'no mas mortas' (sp?) over the summer, helped get clean water in the nogales area, from what she said, aid was certainly in need...