Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dumy

INTRODUCING THE "BRINCO"

yeah, thats right...

051117shoes280.jpg

These are no ordinary shoes.

A compass and flashlight dangle from one shoelace. The pocket in the tongue is for money or pain relievers. A rough map of the border region is printed on a removable insole.

They are red, white and green, the colors of the Mexican flag. On the back ankle, a drawing of Mexico's patron saint of migrants.

hop the border

What......the.......goddamn.........hell.

"I wouldn't wear them and I wouldn't want my husband to wear them," said Blends browser Antonieta LaRussa, 28. "But the cause is awesome. There's so much opposition to immigration. She's looking at it from the other side of the fence and asking why."

Theres opposition to people coming here illegally you stupid cooze. Since when is aiding in illegal immigrants entering the country looking at it from the other side of the fence and asking why?

J_Werthein12_RJ.jpg

Brinco ("jump" in Spanish) is a uniquely designed sneaker, inspired by information and materials that are relevant to, and could provide assistance to, those illegally crossing the border. Artist/designer Judi Werthein has made 1,000 pairs in China, for $17 each, and has been giving them away at migrant shelters and more. The shoes were introduced in August at inSite. Werthein spent two years doing design research, interviewing shoe designers, migrants, aid workers, even an immigrant smuggler.

in my country

judi a hero

she make me shoe that look too many fancy

i use the brinco to coming to america and living my dream

thank you judi

/CACash

Mexican migrant

haha..

that should be my campaign slogan, I would win the northeast and the midwest by a landslide..

hey

Originally posted by dumy@Dec 9 2005, 02:48 PM

haha..

that should be my campaign slogan, I would win the northeast and the midwest by a landslide..

hey

Son, you'd have every state except Southern Cali.

the money used for production design and distro of these shoes would probably be better spent for humanitarian aid IN mexico. idealistic idea, but i doubt its functional. whatever, thats my opinion

haha..Vicente Fox is a real winner...

remember when he dropped these?

PH2005062903089.jpg

at least his brother didn't rig a nation election to disenfranchise over 200,000 black voters though..I mean, I can deal with stamps but that's just ridiculous..

/\/\it def needs a better government, but there's a lot of bad shit going on until their government is "fixed" that can be aided by hippies and liberals... my ex worked w/ 'no mas mortas' (sp?) over the summer, helped get clean water in the nogales area, from what she said, aid was certainly in need...

oh for the record I love Blacks, Asians, Mexicans shit all races..even the Whites are cool, I just don't trust 'em..

well I take that back, I trust the white woman, and try to sleep with as many as possible..

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this