Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
coffeedependency

The "Today's Retarded News" Thread

Amazing, "Virtual sweatshop" haha.

Does anyone know of these games, they sound fun fun fun.

OSX?

WoW works on OSX as well. Its the most popular MMORPG and has millions of people playing at any given time. World of WarCrack its been called.

yeah i know what this is like

i used to play diablo 2 on the regular, items there can be found and ebayed for money, i mean for the man hours youre putting in youre better off getting a real job but i guess if youre getting paid to play your favorite game then more power to you.

I remember reading a pretty in-depth article about one of these games a few years ago (I think it was Worlds of Warcraft, but I'm not sure) and it described a number of people with full on, crippling addictions. They interviewed people who had lost their jobs because they simply stopped showing up, because they didn't want to stop playing. There were others who described marriages that went down the tubes because they stopped paying attention to their spouses-- one dude was saying that his wife would beg him to stop playing and come have sex with her, and he wouldn't do it. She eventually left him, and took the kids, and he now plays for 16 to 20 HOURS A DAY. People are out of their goddamn minds. Some of them used to make a living (or at least enough to support their addiction) by selling power pellets or level 3 battleaxes or what the fuck ever on eBay, but apparently the sweatshops have fucked up that business. I say kudos to the entrepeneur that saw this market was ripe for exploitation and jumped on it.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I don't play any of these games, but I find the concept fascinating. I've always believed that in the future we'll just sit in a chair wired up and live our entire lives virtually. I never imagined the first inkling of virtual society would start happening so soon, and with such support.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS ARE WORKIN 84 HOURS A WEEK COLLECTING FAKE MONEY FOR SOME 12 YEAR OLD RICH YUPPY IN CALI. I LOVE THIS COUNTRY.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Dec 9 2005, 02:26 PM

I don't play any of these games, but I find the concept fascinating. I've always believed that in the future we'll just sit in a chair wired up and live our entire lives virtually. I never imagined the first inkling of virtual society would start happening so soon, and with such support.

what? why would that happen?

My boy sells shit, and he makes some good dust off of it. Sold his lvl 45 character for like $450. Fuckin e-hustla

depends how much time he spent building up that character more often than not if you got a job paying minimum wage youd make much more than what dude spent on making that character.

but if he did it in hius free time then yeah thats a hustle.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Dec 9 2005, 09:27 AM

yeah i know what this is like

i used to play diablo 2 on the regular,

The first Diablo took away monthes of my time. It was literally a race home between all my roommates and I for the two computers it was on.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this