the burning man megathread?

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean by the "camp tax" and it including food and water? How does that work?

I dont mean to pester you but im just so psyched on workign towards this.

Oh shit, I'd missed this, my bad.

Camp tax is what we paid to join up with a camp instead of being by ourselves. The first year it was just me and my homey and we took care of all our own water, food, and trash needs. It wasn't that much less expensive. For $200, plus at least one shift helping to cook and one shift helping clean up got us some BADASS food each night (every night it was a different ethnic cuisine, we had mediterranian, thai, russian, jamaican, etc... it was super good food, mostly vegetarian, I don't think I've ever eaten so healthy in my life), unlimited access to 550 galons of water for drinking, showering, cleaning, etc., plus full enjoyment of the camp itself, which had a hookah lounge, massage table, all sorts of cushion, big kitchen, plenty of shade, an art car, etc. It was most certainly worth it.

We were called True Prophet this year. It was mostly a bunch of totally wacked out but ultra-smart Caltech students, it was fucking awesome. We were actually two camps facing each other at the entrance at 4:30, the other camp was called False Profit, and they were actually far better organized than we were, but it looked a lot less fun. They did have a hydrogen bubble chamber.

Here's the satellite view of our camp. We're the U-shaped structure on the left of the delta with our art car parked in front of it, False Profit is the smaller one on the top right corner of it. The dome right off it was the hydrogen bubble chamber.

We'll probably be called something else the next year.

A. I think that is the only normal picture I have ever seen you take so you must of been wacked out on something...

B. How much was it to get into something like that?! I know a BMW motocycle club that is going down they set you up with everything I am looking into that if this 12oz ish doesnt go together.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Sounds like a huge rave full of hippies....count me out.

unless there will be killing and surviving in the desert...

then I can break out the sand ghille suit.

I just want to point out that having an RV in no way means living in clean luxury. Shit will become a mess in a day and a half, guaranteed.

I want an RV so I can bring a whole lot of crap and keep it somewhere safe, and for an occasional need of privacy/refuge from dust storms/toilet/microwave/fridge. I'll still sleep outdoors and be a generally grimy fuck.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
symbols me and some1 are discussing an RV and kidnapping sneakandcrap to leave him in the middle of the desert somewhere so he can test his survival skills....

I'm down for the challenge....but I get to have two things:

45-2900.jpg

kbar.jpg

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Sneak not afraid of desert life in fact;

Sneak's tips for camping in the desert :)

1. Water, drink even when not thirsty..the dry desert climate sometimes evaporates your sweat faster then it is produced to fool you into thinking your not as hot.."Drink till its clear!"

2. The sand in the desert scratches and gets into everything...so your expensive camera is now a piece of sandy shit. Actually not, get some womens pantyhose! Cut out a little bag to put your stuff in, the nylon keeps all the sand out and protects your gear (learned this in Iraq)

3. Check your sleeping areas before getting comfey...desert creatures are not friendly and some are deadly :shook: so do a quick check and also when you wake up check your shoes too. Sneak's trick is that he puts his socks over his shoes to keep creatures out and also helps to dry them out.

More to come when I can think of them...