Random Questions

juicyred

i am writing a paper on graffiti. if anyine cares to answer some of these questions it would be most appreciated. if you aren't able to answer by 12/7 then don't worry about it.

are there any legal areas to write in atlanta? is so, where?

Who is considered a tagger? Are there other terms used to describe graff artists?

Is writing for hire considered selling out?

What is the logic behind spending money on paint and risking incarceration?

Is there 'honor among theives' so to speak? What is considered the ultimate disrespect?

What do you get from leaving your mark?

What feelings are you trying to invoke by leaving your mark?

i know this is a pretty long post but it would be most helpful to have these questins answered. Thanks!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wow..i have learn so much from tagger/writers whatever on this site...if i didnt refer to someone using the correct name i apologize...i would like to think that someone would be more open to someone trying to enlighten themselves to their culture without exploiting it in the process. apparently i am mistaken. i'm sorry if no one wanted to answer because the "o" button gets stuck. i'm sure if it was in the wrong forum the moderator would have told me. and as for even knowing all the threads on this site, i have better things to do, like write my paper.

i hope your style is better than your retorts.

are there any legal areas to write in atlanta? is so, where?

I'M NOT FROM ATL.

Who is considered a tagger? Are there other terms used to describe graff artists?

WE CALL OURSELVES 'WRITERS'. DON'T USE THE WORD 'TAGGER'. WRITER OR PAINTER. IMHO.

Is writing for hire considered selling out?

ONLY TO GRAFFITI PURISTS. WHO GIVES A FUCK HOW YOU MAKE MONEY. BUT THE SATURATION OF GRAF-RELATED IMAGES IN POP CULTURE/ON TV IS A LITTLE ANNOYING.

What is the logic behind spending money on paint and risking incarceration?

IT'S A KARMA THING. IT ALSO DEPENDS ON HOW OLD YOU ARE. YOU GET IN MORE TROUBLE FOR LARCENY THAN YOU DO THE FIRST TIME YOU GET POPPED PAINTING.

Is there 'honor among theives' so to speak? What is considered the ultimate disrespect?

MOST WRITERS ARE DICKS. CROSSING OUT EVERY TAG A WRITER HAS UP AND DOWN A STREET IS PRETTY FUCKING DISRESPECTFUL. PUTTING A 'THROW-UP' OR TAGGING SOMEONE ELSE'S PIECE SUCKS TOO. THERE BETTER BE A GOOD REASON.

What do you get from leaving your mark?

THE SATISFACTION OF A JOB WELL DONE. ANONYMOUS FAME.

What feelings are you trying to invoke by leaving your mark?

MAKING THE URBAN LANDSCAPE MORE BEAUTIFUL. CORPORATE AMERICA CAN PUT BILLBOARDS AND LOGOS EVERYWHERE, BUT IT'S A CRIME TO WRITE ON CITY PROPERTY? PLEASE....

i know this is a pretty long post but it would be most helpful to have these questins answered. Thanks!

HOPE THAT HELPED. JUST ONE PERSON'S OPINION.

:five-o: :five-o:

niggah!