Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
the_gooch

X3

Guest KING OF HELL

per usual, it looks like its going to follow like six different original comic plotlines, The Dark Phoenix saga among others. However, I'm pretty psyched. It looks pretty good. Kelsey Gramar doesn't even look bad as The Beast. I thought he would suck.

Angel looks freaking amazing. Lets all cross our fingers and pray for a NON SUCK X3.

yeah everybody looks fresh except for juggernaut they made him look stupid as fuck and hes only a normal sized yolked dude, juggernaut was almost the size of the hulk in the comics

.oh well thats what I get for reading the actual comics back in the day and expecting them to at least try to keep it like the original shit.

Well, so far most of the changes they've added have been somewhat acceptable..

I mean, the time line for most of these events is going to be screwed up regardless.

Some of the X-Men were teenagers when most of these events went down, and others

were'nt even part of the book until much later..not to mention that the whole Dark

Phoenix thing started elsewhere..but at least it's not Daredevil..

Freud was the man, don't get me wrong, but how many of his theories have been shot down by now? You still can't front like Narnia didn't fascinate you as a youngster.

that's why i'm going to see it.

psychosexual development is silly, but Freud's civ. and its discontents is still valid special goodness. and Marcuse corrected all the stuff that Freud got wrong on the human nature front; then being a progenitor of structuralism... he completely changed society, which is more than i can say about Lewis. but props to Lewis all the same.

anyway, i'm totally pooh-poohing this X-Men movie (no homo).

Coffee, your sublime replies provoke an oceanic feeling in me... now I'll be pondering my existence all day.

But on a serious note, yes Freud did pioneer ideas that have unfurled into standards, but I'm thinking doing that was more his function and intention that C.S. Lewis's.

no doubt, no doubt.

but the dude should have known better than to feud with the master. i can't condone Lewis' Christian apologetics, or even his Christianity except on Kierkegaardian terms.

edit on the spelling.

I never really liked the first two that much. Still won't prevent me from going to see this on opening day.

yeah the size he is in the movie is decent. the more important thing about juggernaut is his strength and invulnerablity. just imagine how dope it would look, at his size, if he was just walking forward casually and pushing tanks and trucks to the side like cardboard boxes. IMAGINE IT NOW!!

I read 4 or 5 X-Men books a month, at the very least.

I'll tell you why this will probably suck.

It's going from the hands of the guy who brought us "The Usual Suspects" to the guy who blessed us with "Rush Hour 2" and a Mariah Carey video. Leave it to Hollywood to never fail ruining a successful franchise by going half-assed with the talent.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Dec 7 2005, 10:46 PM

I read 4 or 5 X-Men books a month, at the very least.

I'll tell you why this will probably suck.

It's going from the hands of the guy who brought us "The Usual Suspects" to the guy who blessed us with "Rush Hour 2" and a Mariah Carey video. Leave it to Hollywood to never fail ruining a successful franchise by going half-assed with the talent.

yeah, i am concerned about that too.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this